Checklist for an MXGeoff thread

AK74
Edited Date/Time 2/14/2014 3:43pm
While idly wasting time in an airport waiting for a significantly delayed flight to leave (and browsing the latest Vital submissions on the free wi-fi), I decided to put the following checklist together for a classic MXGeoff thread.

STEP 1: If not already done, disengage brain.

STEP 2: Finish off fourteenth tin of Fosters, crush empty can against forehead. Fire-up Spotify, find some tracks by Midnight Oil and 'git in the zone'.

STEP 3: Write snarky, inflammatory, inaccurate dumbass post on Vital, either a) attacking the US nation, racing series' or competitors in some way, or b) defending an obvious and epic failure on the part of paymasters Youthstream. (eg: "Oi thort the Qatar Superfinal was bloody bonza".)

STEP 4: Be sure to inject trademark flurry of spelling and punctuation horrors.

STEP 5: Check to make sure that said post demonstrates a) complete lack of understanding of the subject, b) no knowledge of the facts, and c) a thorough lack of any forethought or consideration of the likely consequences or fallout (much like one's hero Luongo when he comes up with equally poorly thought-out rules and format changes).

STEP 6: Hit 'Submit'.

STEP 7: Wait no more than four minutes for barrage of heated responses from other forum members, rightly, and comprehensively ripping post, viewpoint and one's credibility to pieces.

STEP 8: Battling through the drunken haze of The Amber Nectar get agitated, posting further replies, every five minutes, right into the early hours, defending original flawed viewpoint whilst additionally attacking every sensible counter-argument put forward by other Vital members.

STEP 9: Deflect attacks on personal journalistic integrity (or lack thereof) by posting "Oi nevva said I wuz a jerrn-list".

STEP 10: Fend off suggestions of not knowing what the hell one is talking about by posting "Oi nevva said oi was in the know".

STEP 11: Get aggressive with people, like an angry little man wanting to fight everyone in the pub because someone bumped into him accidentally in the queue for the bar.

STEP 12: Specifically offer to fight Kongols if he just names a place and time.

STEP 13: Say to oneself "Aww bloody hill, here comes Coombs".

STEP 14: Receive eloquent dressing-down from DC.

STEP 15: Considering (implausibly) that DC just might, at some point, want some fuzzy pictures from Qatar, write grovelling reply to DC, back-peddling as fast as humanly possible, and explaining that "Aww, oi wuz only joking Davey. Oi love the US and the AMA. Oi can't believe how some of you take it all so seriously".

STEP 16: Breathe sigh of relief as dust settles with DC, and consider oneself lucky that Robgvx never got involved, which didn't end well on previous occasions.

STEP 17: Post new thread telling everyone that they're all 'Bar-studs' and that forums are for idiots and you're leaving forums "for ivva".

STEP 18: Repeat at regular intervals.

Bloody weather. But at least this passed the time.
|
ehr400
2/13/2014 5:53am
You forgot to add spamming his I mean youthstreams agenda and revolving door schedule and Dutch rudder sessions with Gilessepe.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/13/2014 6:04am
Laughing If he's really an Aussie, he doesn't drink Fosters...
2/13/2014 6:09am
AK74 wrote:
While idly wasting time in an airport waiting for a significantly delayed flight to leave (and browsing the latest Vital submissions on the free wi-fi), I...
While idly wasting time in an airport waiting for a significantly delayed flight to leave (and browsing the latest Vital submissions on the free wi-fi), I decided to put the following checklist together for a classic MXGeoff thread.

STEP 2: Finish off fourteenth tin of Fosters, crush empty can against forehead. Fire-up Spotify, find some tracks by Midnight Oil and 'git in the zone'.

STEP 3: Write snarky, inflammatory, inaccurate dumbass post on Vital, either a) attacking the US nation, racing series' or competitors in some way, or b) defending an obvious and epic failure on the part of paymasters Youthstream. (eg: "Oi thort the Qatar Superfinal was bloody bonza".)

STEP 5: Check to make sure that said post demonstrates a) complete lack of understanding of the subject, b) no knowledge of the facts, and c) a thorough lack of any forethought or consideration of the likely consequences or fallout (much like one's hero Luongo when he comes up with equally poorly thought-out rules and format changes).

STEP 7: Wait no more than four minutes for barrage of heated responses from other forum members, rightly, and comprehensively ripping post, viewpoint and one's credibility to pieces.

STEP 8: Battling through the drunken haze of The Amber Nectar get agitated, posting further replies, every five minutes, right into the early hours, defending original flawed viewpoint whilst additionally attacking every sensible counter-argument put forward by other Vital members.

STEP 9: Deflect attacks on personal journalistic integrity (or lack thereof) by posting "Oi nevva said I wuz a jerrn-list".

STEP 10: Fend off suggestions of not knowing what the hell one is talking about by posting "Oi nevva said oi was in the know".

STEP 11: Get aggressive with people, like an angry little man wanting to fight everyone in the pub because someone bumped into him accidentally in the queue for the bar.

STEP 15: Considering (implausibly) that DC just might, at some point, want some fuzzy pictures from Qatar, write grovelling reply to DC, back-peddling as fast as humanly possible, and explaining that "Aww, oi wuz only joking Davey. Oi love the US and the AMA. Oi can't believe how some of you take it all so seriously".

STEP 16: Breathe sigh of relief as dust settles with DC, and consider oneself lucky that Robgvx never got involved, which didn't end well on previous occasions.

STEP 17: Post new thread telling everyone that they're all 'Bar-studs' and that forums are for idiots and you're leaving forums "for ivva".

Wow, a post on me. Well written, good topics. Some misjudges comments though. I am not a photographer anymore, so DC won't be asking for photos from me, and to be honest doing freelance for magazines isn't really my thing anymore, not enough money in it.

Hey, you forgot most of my posts top the days topics for returned comments!!!! Hahahaha No mention of my good looks or amazing charm?

I love the attention!!!!!!!! Hahahaha!!!

The Shop

2/13/2014 6:10am
ehr400 wrote:
You forgot to add spamming his I mean youthstreams agenda and revolving door schedule and Dutch rudder sessions with Gilessepe.
Very disappointed he missed all that interesting info......
2/13/2014 6:25am
AK74 wrote:
While idly wasting time in an airport waiting for a significantly delayed flight to leave (and browsing the latest Vital submissions on the free wi-fi), I...

But what I really love is I must be in your head. You're my bitch from now on.
Grieby54
2/13/2014 6:42am
You missed the part where the thread title is a little vague and then there will be a link whoring out his shitty site.

And no, Geoff, just because someone posts that you're a dumbass doesn't mean you're in his head. It means you're a dumbass.
2/13/2014 6:47am
Grieby54 wrote:
You missed the part where the thread title is a little vague and then there will be a link whoring out his shitty site. And no...
You missed the part where the thread title is a little vague and then there will be a link whoring out his shitty site.

And no, Geoff, just because someone posts that you're a dumbass doesn't mean you're in his head. It means you're a dumbass.
Shitty site......Thanks. I like it, and so do 150,000 people a month and some pretty good companies in the sport (who support it).

For the few hundred I get from here from one of my posts I hardly see it as horing, I would hardly miss readers if I didn't put some info up.
hvaughn88
2/13/2014 6:52am
Shitty site......Thanks. I like it, and so do 150,000 people a month and some pretty good companies in the sport (who support it). For the few...
Shitty site......Thanks. I like it, and so do 150,000 people a month and some pretty good companies in the sport (who support it).

For the few hundred I get from here from one of my posts I hardly see it as horing, I would hardly miss readers if I didn't put some info up.
well if that's the case, do us all a favor and don't put the info up
jamma10
2/13/2014 6:54am
This is like groundhog day.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
2/13/2014 6:55am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2014 6:55am
WE still love you Geoff!
It's guys like you that have made these boards fun for many years.
2/13/2014 6:58am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2014 6:59am
Shitty site......Thanks. I like it, and so do 150,000 people a month and some pretty good companies in the sport (who support it). For the few...

hvaughn88 wrote:
Might surprise you, but some people like the info. So STFU and mind your own business. Or are you too stupid to ignore it?
hvaughn88
2/13/2014 7:03am

hvaughn88 wrote:
Might surprise you, but some people like the info. So STFU and mind your own business. Or are you too stupid to ignore it?
you do realize when you post something on the internet it becomes everyone's business. If you want me to mind my own business, then stop putting your "business" out there.
2/13/2014 7:10am
hvaughn88 wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
you do realize when you post something on the internet it becomes everyone's business. If you want me to mind my own business, then stop putting...
you do realize when you post something on the internet it becomes everyone's business. If you want me to mind my own business, then stop putting your "business" out there.
.......right
BobPA
2/13/2014 7:21am
hvaughn88 wrote:
you do realize when you post something on the internet it becomes everyone's business. If you want me to mind my own business, then stop putting...
Baboooom!!
JeepnMike
2/13/2014 7:26am
LaughingLaughingLaughing Sorry to add to a bottomless thead, but this did make me chuckle out loud.
Robgvx
2/13/2014 7:32am
Is this Step 11 yet or are we still on 8?
AK74
2/13/2014 7:40am
Ripper!

"You're my bitch from now on." - Do you remember when Giuseppe told you the very same thing?
IWreckALot
2/13/2014 7:42am
Why GuyB doesn't click this moron is beyond me. He's admittedly here to just stir shit up and attempt to get more than "150,000 users" to visit his site. . . I've never even looked at it but based on the diarrhea he sprays on Vital, I don't care to. Plus I'd rather kill all my time reading about the AMA series rather than the second tier GP series.
2/13/2014 7:44am
IWreckALot wrote:
Why GuyB doesn't click this moron is beyond me. He's admittedly here to just stir shit up and attempt to get more than "150,000 users" to...
Why GuyB doesn't click this moron is beyond me. He's admittedly here to just stir shit up and attempt to get more than "150,000 users" to visit his site. . . I've never even looked at it but based on the diarrhea he sprays on Vital, I don't care to. Plus I'd rather kill all my time reading about the AMA series rather than the second tier GP series.
Listen kid, if you don't shut up I will steal your lunch money!!
2/13/2014 7:56am
Listen kid, if you don't shut up I will steal your lunch money!!
Robgvx wrote:
Where's Kongols? [img]http://ecmyers.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/bully_nelson.gif[/img]
Where's Kongols?

He has night shift in the local factory. Won't be here until tomorrow.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
2/13/2014 8:02am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2014 8:02am
IWreckALot wrote:
Why GuyB doesn't click this moron is beyond me. He's admittedly here to just stir shit up and attempt to get more than "150,000 users" to...
I dont know if you were around on MotoTalk 10+ years back or so....
But Geoff is far more tame these days.
He always stirred the pot around MXdN time,it was a lot of fun.
Some pretty funny threads and some epic digital MX battles.
The GP guys would come out of the woodwork,it was like shaking a hornets nest. Smile
Katoomey
2/13/2014 8:02am
Outsider wrote:
[img]https://ooligan.pdx.edu/wp-content/uploads/cheers1.jpg[/img]
cheers!
IWreckALot
2/13/2014 8:11am
IWreckALot wrote:
FastEddy wrote:
I dont know if you were around on MotoTalk 10+ years back or so.... But Geoff is far more tame these days. He always stirred the...
I dont know if you were around on MotoTalk 10+ years back or so....
But Geoff is far more tame these days.
He always stirred the pot around MXdN time,it was a lot of fun.
Some pretty funny threads and some epic digital MX battles.
The GP guys would come out of the woodwork,it was like shaking a hornets nest. Smile
Wasn't around then. I'm a bit more fresh blood than most people here it seems like. Only been following/ riding since 2007. I was sheltered from motorcycles as a kid. Overprotective mom. I always read through the historical threads and look at the builds going on but I don't know enough about the stuff to really contribute so I just read rather than post anything . . Maybe someone else should learn to do so also.
yosmithy
2/13/2014 8:54am
He talks funny and has no hair. If he sleeps outside and doesn't shit on the carpet, can we keep him?
Outsider
2/13/2014 8:55am
Hey Geoff,

I hear PED use in the GP's is rampant... you're a (ahem) journalist, tell us more.

Post a reply to: Checklist for an MXGeoff thread

The Latest