Cheap way to frame old moto posters ??

I'd like to start framing some of the cooler autographed moto posters / rider cards that I've collected in the pits at various races throughout the years. Anyone know a cheap way to make custom frames? The sizes are all over the place; many of them not "standard" frame sizes. I know that real deal custom framing is NOT cheap, but I'm literally just looking for something down and dirty and inexpensive, so the garage walls have a little more finished look, and not so fan-boy...

I'm envisioning some kind of black metal or composite plastic molding that I can miter cut to size and attach with little L brackets... Anyone following me here? Thanks in advance for ideas

Forked out the dough to get this signed 1998 Team Yamaha poster custom framed, which I got signed at Mt. Morris as a kid; wasn't cheap but I distinctively remember meeting each of them that day

Unfortunately this Button/McGrath one is an oddball size; 11"x22".. Definitely a keeper though Smile

|
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
1/4/2017 4:42pm
that button mc poster is cool. I will be doing the same thing to mine when I re do the garage. hopefully I can copy you when you get a great idea,lol.
1/4/2017 5:04pm
I'm in the same situation, I think I will buy some sheets of thin ply-wood from the hardware store, then cut out boards about 1" larger than the posters; paint the outer edges of the boards or apply a chrome type adhesive tape, then glue the poster to the centre of the board.

It will look a framed poster and will be quite durable. And not cost heaps to do it.
slowgti
1/4/2017 5:09pm
Thrift store or second hand store. I've found some really odd sized frames there.
ocscottie
1/4/2017 5:10pm
Check out this one i still have on my wall, it is still in the original vintage frame lol Its a classic.

Good friend of mine gave it to me as a house warming gift when i first moved out of my parents house at 18. (in 1987?)

The Shop

1/4/2017 5:12pm
Make frames from old chains, then have plexi cut to size. Time consuming but cheap, and looks bad ass!
brocster
1/4/2017 5:30pm
I buy the cheap snap together kind for a full size poster and if the max poster is smaller I use colored poster board as the back ground to take of the rest of the dead space.
clayburns28
1/4/2017 5:42pm
Where did u get the Yamaha poster? I have a one hanging in garage with I know dowd autograph not sure on the rest though.
1/5/2017 7:25am
Where did u get the Yamaha poster? I have a one hanging in garage with I know dowd autograph not sure on the rest though.
At the Team Yamaha tent at the 1998 High Point national
TX24
1/5/2017 4:56pm
If it is an odd size, just buy a cheap larger frame and center it in the frame with the white background.

Post a reply to: Cheap way to frame old moto posters ??

The Latest