Chatting with James Stewart

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2014 5:24pm
I got a chance to spend a few minutes with James Stewart at last weekend's Red Bull Straight Rhythm demo, and you can find the audio slideshow on the homepage.

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/Chatting-With-James-Stewart,3817…

|
9/22/2014 5:17pm
How cool would it be to live in a place where your so close to where your favorite moto stars practice and race, that you can just walk up to em and say hey, James,"how the hell ya doing. Thats too cool.
SEE ARE125
9/22/2014 5:21pm
Kind of a bummer on the gag order, but I understand the reason for it. Hoping things get cleared up in time for A1 because the more top guys on the gate the better. Thanks for the interview GuyB.
davistld01
9/22/2014 5:31pm
I probably echo what every real moto fan feels. Whatever the deal is...I just hope James is on the line at A1 and can put all this behind him. We need JS7 and the excitement he brings to the sport. If he's there, and he can come back into the game on point...2015 will be the most incredible racing season in recent history.
Sandberm
9/22/2014 5:31pm
First off, Great job GuyB on getting the interview and asking the questions. Top notch.

I guess James kind of answered how I thought he would. He made mention of not being able to explain because of unfolding developments, but I think what I got out of it the most was the mental strain it has taken on him. He mentions a couple times how tough it has been on him and admits how he is at fault. Also I thought his voice sounded...hmmm, nervous might be the best way to describe it, perhaps uncomfortable.

Hope it works out for James and we see him come Anaheim. Again, good job Guy on getting the interview.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/22/2014 5:34pm
Sandberm wrote:
First off, [b] Great job GuyB on getting the interview and asking the questions[/b]. Top notch. I guess James kind of answered how I thought he...
First off, Great job GuyB on getting the interview and asking the questions. Top notch.

I guess James kind of answered how I thought he would. He made mention of not being able to explain because of unfolding developments, but I think what I got out of it the most was the mental strain it has taken on him. He mentions a couple times how tough it has been on him and admits how he is at fault. Also I thought his voice sounded...hmmm, nervous might be the best way to describe it, perhaps uncomfortable.

Hope it works out for James and we see him come Anaheim. Again, good job Guy on getting the interview.
Thanks. Yeah, I got the impression that he was a little uncomfortable talking about it. I'm sure I would be if I were in the same spot.
Sandberm
9/22/2014 5:42pm
Sandberm wrote:
First off, [b] Great job GuyB on getting the interview and asking the questions[/b]. Top notch. I guess James kind of answered how I thought he...

GuyB wrote:
Thanks. Yeah, I got the impression that he was a little uncomfortable talking about it. I'm sure I would be if I were in the same...
Thanks. Yeah, I got the impression that he was a little uncomfortable talking about it. I'm sure I would be if I were in the same spot.
I give James credit though for not hiding out in his motorhome and doing the interview. Maybe hes not giving everybody an interview and answering all questions, but he did step up and give one for the Vital faithful...that means something I think.
yzjs7
9/22/2014 7:12pm
Dang I don't have Adobe flash. Yellow misses James for real.
9/22/2014 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2014 7:39pm
He's telling people what he can and not hiding.
He's also being a man by not running away from the problem and helping the team develop for SX from what it sounds. I have to appreciate him for how he's handling this.

Edit: thanks GuyB for asking the hard questions in that interview.
Grizz
9/22/2014 8:00pm
davistld01 wrote:
I probably echo what every real moto fan feels. Whatever the deal is...I just hope James is on the line at A1 and can put all...
I probably echo what every real moto fan feels. Whatever the deal is...I just hope James is on the line at A1 and can put all this behind him. We need JS7 and the excitement he brings to the sport. If he's there, and he can come back into the game on point...2015 will be the most incredible racing season in recent history.
That's what they said about 2014! (And it was!)
Clutchy
9/22/2014 9:35pm
You just can't do any better then that Steve. You politely asked him 7 ways to Sunday. He did make the statement " NO CHEATING "... very good stuff. Thank you.
Mickolobe7
9/22/2014 9:41pm
He didn't cheat! Let the guy race hope all this crap gets figured out so we can see James line up at A1 and all the SX races this year!
JeepnMike
9/22/2014 9:45pm
Definitely a great interview! You managed to ask him the big questions without burning a bridge (my view of it). He answered some of my questions inadvertently for sure. I am not a 'fan' but I sure hope they can work things out well before A1 to give him plenty of time to train with certainty about his plans for the year. There is definitely a clear lesson learned for James and everyone else that lines up at the gate from this. Hopefully they can move forward and everyone definitely knows they mean business going forward.

Thanks for sharing!
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
9/22/2014 10:14pm
Great interview!

Excellent wording of the questions for sure.
Mxjuncks
9/22/2014 11:04pm
Deff weren't afraid to ask the goodies! Lol great interview, hope we see js7 lined up at Anaheim 1
jeffro503
9/22/2014 11:22pm
Man that was a really good interview Steve!

Good luck James and hope we get to see you on the gate come Jan 3rd!
bd
9/22/2014 11:33pm
I am a fan of JS7 - no where as big as "Raining Yellow" but a fan. Bubba is an underdog, I hope he's able to race and comes out swinging. I competitive Stew only helps the series. Great interview by GuyB - smart responses by James.
Kawaboy14
9/23/2014 6:06am
davistld01 wrote:
I probably echo what every real moto fan feels. Whatever the deal is...I just hope James is on the line at A1 and can put all...
Ditto!
IceMan446
9/23/2014 6:53am
great interview.

Glad he could give out a little info. Much better than a PR from Suzuki IMO

it will be good to hear his whole side of the story at some point and that may shed some light on things from the riders point of view.
9/23/2014 7:17am
Love JS7-

But please somebody that talks to him, tell him to stop saying "ya know" every third word. He says it literally every few seconds. It's mind numbing....did nobody ever give this guy any speech training?
SEE ARE125
9/23/2014 7:18am
IceMan446 wrote:
great interview. Glad he could give out a little info. Much better than a PR from Suzuki IMO it will be good to hear his whole...
great interview.

Glad he could give out a little info. Much better than a PR from Suzuki IMO

it will be good to hear his whole side of the story at some point and that may shed some light on things from the riders point of view.
I'm interested to hear it as well. I'm looking forward to the book he said he was going to put out after he retired, if he decides to go through with it. I enjoyed McGrath's book, and like hearing riders stories from the start to finish of their career and all the struggles they overcame along the way. Stewart's story would be a great read, IMO.
TannerMxer
9/23/2014 7:37am
This is the type of journalism this sport needs. Kudos GuyB. If these were the type of questions asked at press conferences and during the week interviews, it would be much better.
davistld01
9/23/2014 7:44am
Love JS7- But [b]please [/b]somebody that talks to him, tell him to stop saying "[u]ya know[/u]" every third word. He says it literally every few seconds...
Love JS7-

But please somebody that talks to him, tell him to stop saying "ya know" every third word. He says it literally every few seconds. It's mind numbing....did nobody ever give this guy any speech training?
He seems to do pretty good on national television...he seems to be an announcer favorite too. I think he came off, although noticeably guarded and a bit uncomfortable as expected, just like James Stewart. He sounds like a normal guy, and a guy who has surely become more humble & mature. At least he didn't say "Dude" repeatedly or try to act all cool or anything...
FIREfish148
9/23/2014 5:18pm
When are they going to know for sure what the deal is though?Dry
TeamGreen
9/23/2014 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2014 5:39pm
Fingers-Crossed: 7 lines up for A1.

Post a reply to: Chatting with James Stewart

The Latest