Chad's a Genius

bns99121
Fantasy
606th
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 9:27am
First he parks by the discount tire banner, then climbs into the audience to strike a few poses, and finally kneels by the bike for more pictures.

While he was in the audience I wondered why he didn't throw at least his gloves and googles, if not his helmet into the audience. Then I realized he needed all of his gear on for the pictures so that sponsors could use them in ads. Very smart marketing move.
|
jap114
1/19/2014 8:30am
Agree that Chad is business savy.

I haven't watched any live, only Twittered, but has Tate rode all three opening ceremonies? If so, I'd guess that puts more soccer moms in the seats too. Maybe not a lot, but there'd be some go just to see the cute little kid...!
daemon616
1/19/2014 8:32am
I like how calm he was in his interview. Totally unphased.
jndmx
1/19/2014 8:35am
If you think that was smart......I would be inclined to think that Reed has an insurance policy specifying at least 1 win this year and that probably just made him some serious bank as well.

The Shop

1/19/2014 8:51am
jndmx wrote:
If you think that was smart......I would be inclined to think that Reed has an insurance policy specifying at least 1 win this year and that...
If you think that was smart......I would be inclined to think that Reed has an insurance policy specifying at least 1 win this year and that probably just made him some serious bank as well.
You can buy insurance based on your performance in a race? How does that work?
bullpen658
1/19/2014 8:53am
jndmx wrote:
If you think that was smart......I would be inclined to think that Reed has an insurance policy specifying at least 1 win this year and that...
I heard that he has a clause in his mortgage that is based on his performance too. If he wins a SX race, he doesn't have to pay his mortgage for a month! And if he wins the championship, he doesn't have to pay his landscaper for an entire YEAR!!!
jndmx
1/19/2014 8:55am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 8:55am
jndmx wrote:
Chad has done it in the past.

You go to a specialty place like Lloyds of London and say;
" I am going to put up $100K of my money to say that I will win X number of races and if I do you agree to pay me $1 Million""
The insurance company basically bets that he won't and if he doesn't they keep the $100K

He banked a large sum of money by doing that in the past a couple times.
Factories do the same with their riders performance bonus structure.
1/19/2014 8:58am
jndmx wrote:
Chad has done it in the past. You go to a specialty place like Lloyds of London and say; " I am going to put up...
Chad has done it in the past.

You go to a specialty place like Lloyds of London and say;
" I am going to put up $100K of my money to say that I will win X number of races and if I do you agree to pay me $1 Million""
The insurance company basically bets that he won't and if he doesn't they keep the $100K

He banked a large sum of money by doing that in the past a couple times.
Factories do the same with their riders performance bonus structure.
Oh wow that's pretty cool for him.
Sanchez
1/19/2014 9:07am
Think I remember hearing RJ did the same through Lloyds of London back in the 80's. Sportsbetting on oneself is pretty cool.
1/19/2014 9:27am
you can literally insure anything. Lloyds of London is famous and has been for literally centuries, by insuring risk of any type.

Post a reply to: Chad's a Genius

The Latest