Chad Sanner to Blue Buffalo

MOTO120
|
slipdog
12/8/2016 6:22am
This may not go too well...
twnorton
12/8/2016 6:53am
Say what you want, but Chad built the motor in my 13 Crf450r and it is a monster. haven't had any problems with it and it has 75 hours on it now.
mb60
12/8/2016 6:53am
slipdog wrote:
Why would it not go well in your opinion ? The man might not know how to run a small business but does know how to make a motor work ?

The Shop

Micahdogg
12/8/2016 7:15am
The only think I know about him is what I read on the Eleven 10 mods articles and it wasn't the most flattering read. My impression is that he built some sick engines that had a hard time staying together. After hearing this news with Blue Buffalo, I know I will certainly be keeping way more of an eye on that team that I have in the past. For exposure for team, that's a good thing. I have reason to believe the bikes will rip, which is good too. Lets hope they stay together for everyones sake.
slipdog
12/8/2016 7:20am
slipdog wrote:
mb60 wrote:
Why would it not go well in your opinion ? The man might not know how to run a small business but does know how to...
Why would it not go well in your opinion ? The man might not know how to run a small business but does know how to make a motor work ?
Nothing about Chad at all.... Don't you remember what happened last summer with Slater and the Blue Buffalo debacle at Glenn Helen?
ricko
12/8/2016 7:54am
Chad did my 125 motor this past spring, had some talks with him about the past and hes truly a genuine dude, the article made him look really bad. I think he will do just fine with the blue buffalo crew now that hes got plenty of help and upper management, I expect the bikes to rip.
MOTO120
12/8/2016 8:03am
For what it's worth, I was NOT saying anything negative about Sanner. Honestly what I'm looking forward to the most is hoping that he has a say in how the bikes "look"....cause let's be honest, the Eleven10 bikes were and still ARE some of the best ever looking bikes in the pro pits!!!
12/8/2016 8:07am
I think Eleven 10 mods was trying to keep TOO many people happy. The BB may be a good thing for him and wash his name a bit?
sesker15
12/8/2016 8:07am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2016 8:10am
I Thought he was with the team last summer, i saw him at budds with them.
ricko
12/8/2016 8:24am
sesker15 wrote:
I Thought he was with the team last summer, i saw him at budds with them.
Yep, I think he started helping after the series started. I don't think he was in for the full outdoors.
newmann
12/8/2016 8:25am
Micahdogg wrote:
The only think I know about him is what I read on the Eleven 10 mods articles and it wasn't the most flattering read. My impression...
The only think I know about him is what I read on the Eleven 10 mods articles and it wasn't the most flattering read. My impression is that he built some sick engines that had a hard time staying together. After hearing this news with Blue Buffalo, I know I will certainly be keeping way more of an eye on that team that I have in the past. For exposure for team, that's a good thing. I have reason to believe the bikes will rip, which is good too. Lets hope they stay together for everyones sake.
A guy who can build a bike in a shack to holeshot the f#!k out of the Geico and Pro Circuit bikes....yeah, he may know a thing or three! But to try and field a race team on the 250F national circuit when you are basically a one man show just wasn't the smartest thing to do. Add in a few sponsors who write checks with their mouths that their asses can't cover and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm still impressed and amazed at what they were able to accomplish and the stepping stone he provided for a few good guys to make their name in the sport cannot be discounted.

Hopefully the Blue Buffalo team figured out a thing or two over the past year and learn to cope with the difficulties that come with dealing with the people who run the show. Track owners and promoters need to pull an ego check themselves and realize this sport needs everyone they can get who is willing to help. The few times I have tried to step up and do something for the betterment of the sport (regardless how trivial it may have been) it has been difficult at best to deal with people running the show.
12/8/2016 8:36am
Great move by this team. With all the criticism of Mr. Sanner, I haven't ever heard anyone say he doesn't know how to build a fast bike. Maybe don't have him balance the checkbook, just keep him building fast bikes! All good!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/8/2016 8:41am
newmann wrote:
A guy who can build a bike in a shack to holeshot the f#!k out of the Geico and Pro Circuit bikes....yeah, he may know a...
A guy who can build a bike in a shack to holeshot the f#!k out of the Geico and Pro Circuit bikes....yeah, he may know a thing or three! But to try and field a race team on the 250F national circuit when you are basically a one man show just wasn't the smartest thing to do. Add in a few sponsors who write checks with their mouths that their asses can't cover and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm still impressed and amazed at what they were able to accomplish and the stepping stone he provided for a few good guys to make their name in the sport cannot be discounted.

Hopefully the Blue Buffalo team figured out a thing or two over the past year and learn to cope with the difficulties that come with dealing with the people who run the show. Track owners and promoters need to pull an ego check themselves and realize this sport needs everyone they can get who is willing to help. The few times I have tried to step up and do something for the betterment of the sport (regardless how trivial it may have been) it has been difficult at best to deal with people running the show.
Can't disagree with anything Joe said..
MxBroc111
12/8/2016 8:43am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2016 8:43am
Chad does have influence over the bikes. We are working together to transform the team and bring it to new levels. Him and I have talked a lot over the off season. Bikes have been tested. Riders have spoken. I am thrilled to have him on the team. Thank you guys for chiming in with some positivity. We expect great things for 2017. I'll check into vital periodically. Guy B is a great guy!
twotwosix
12/8/2016 8:52am
Say what you will about Chad, BUT...

Chad Sanner + 2017 YZ250F motor + available money/resources = A ROCKETSHIP.
mb60
12/8/2016 9:05am
slipdog wrote:
Nothing about Chad at all.... Don't you remember what happened last summer with Slater and the Blue Buffalo debacle at Glenn Helen?
Ohhhh yes. LOL
12/8/2016 10:59am
I don't know what some of you are talking about, that article about the Eleven 10 team stated they didn't have the money to put parts in the bikes as needed, which caused some reliability problems. Everything bad was about the money, not about the dude's talent for making fast bikes.

Hopefully this can be a good thing, a team that can be competitive despite the ugly bodywork.
GregDVT
12/8/2016 11:10am
slipdog wrote:
mb60 wrote:
Ohhhh yes. LOL
I don't recall. refresher please?
slipdog
12/8/2016 11:21am
slipdog wrote:
mb60 wrote:
Ohhhh yes. LOL
GregDVT wrote:
I don't recall. refresher please?
I thought more people were going to remember this and the thread was going to turn into a shit show from the start.

On that note, that was the past and I hope Broc, Chad, Tyler(if he's still involved) and the rest of the Blue Buffalo crew have success this year and keep growing.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Team-Owner-and-Mechanic-T…
IWreckALot
12/8/2016 12:09pm
MOTO120 wrote:
For what it's worth, I was NOT saying anything negative about Sanner. Honestly what I'm looking forward to the most is hoping that he has a...
For what it's worth, I was NOT saying anything negative about Sanner. Honestly what I'm looking forward to the most is hoping that he has a say in how the bikes "look"....cause let's be honest, the Eleven10 bikes were and still ARE some of the best ever looking bikes in the pro pits!!!
Eleven10 Slater Skins? Slater Skins are a bit over the top.
twnorton
12/8/2016 12:33pm
Last I heard Chad was selling Eleven10.
Bad Billy
12/8/2016 12:45pm
Good to see this. I'll definitely be rooting for this team in 2017.
ricko
12/8/2016 1:21pm
twnorton wrote:
Last I heard Chad was selling Eleven10.
I asked him about that, he told me he was not selling out.
twnorton
12/8/2016 1:43pm
ricko wrote:
I asked him about that, he told me he was not selling out.
Well that's good news I guess. I expect them to have very good motors, should be pulling holeys.
12/8/2016 3:25pm
newmann wrote:
A guy who can build a bike in a shack to holeshot the f#!k out of the Geico and Pro Circuit bikes....yeah, he may know a...

avidchimp wrote:
Can't disagree with anything Joe said..
x2.

It looks like a recipe for disaster but sometimes things work out better than expected and people just gel, especially after both parties had some reality checks bounce.

All the best to the guys and great to see another team in the pits for 17.
j368
12/8/2016 5:52pm
I've talked to Chad a couple times, he does like to talk plenty when he has the time. He's a genuine guy with a lot of knowledge. He's done work for me a couple times, and no complaints. Glad he's getting a chance to do what he does best without the budget pressures of running his own team. Smart play with hiring Chad.
toomey706
12/8/2016 6:07pm
Dudes a mad scientist, and a good guy. Was doing motors for my guys back in the day for free just to prove a point. He knows his shit and loves it.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
12/8/2016 7:36pm
Very cool to hear.

Honest question - does Slater Skins make any money in their business. Do they do more than motorcycle skins?

Post a reply to: Chad Sanner to Blue Buffalo

The Latest