Chad Reed's Shop

Dirt_Nasty
6/23/2010 9:56pm
Ya what a great facility, I love his 2008 supercross helmet the gold one with the supercross trophy painted on the back.
6/23/2010 10:38pm
That place is like a museum. I like how he downplays those 2nd and 3rd place trophies.
6/23/2010 11:33pm
I guess everything is relative. Chad's comment about his trophies:

Some of 'em mean a lot but then some of 'em, you know, (are) kinda just your average second 'n' third.

How many would kill to come just an average 2nd or 3rd in an AMA Supercross and/or Motocross National.
Lightning78
6/24/2010 1:17am
Off the topic....I don't understand the tucking of the ears in the hat......I have tried it and it makes it so uncomfortable to even wear a hat! Yet I see so many people do it, not just riders but people all over the place.....I really don't care about the appearance of it but tried it myself and it was not comfortable at all! I just don't see how it got started or why it is done....

Back on subject I hope that is going to be a 2 parter it was just a tease with all the stuff he has in there.....anyone notice his first SX title YZ250f? Wonder if any of these guys that have won c'ships pull out bikes like that and spin a few laps on them just for fun...I know I would if I was him just to see how far bikes have come since that was like what ....2002?

The Shop

moto111
Fantasy
1414th
6/24/2010 3:49am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2010 3:54am
Tucking the ears in the hat is logical.

The sun gets hot, the ozone is thin, the uv rays burn the crap out of them. Rather than having a white splodge of suntan lotion on the top of each of your ears and nose, so it looks like your mother has sent you out to play, you just tuck your ears in the hat.
Simple really.

Did you think it carried cool points ? Read this article to show the incidence of skin cancer on ears
http://www.skincancer.org/the-ears-a-high-risk-area-for-skin-cancer.html
Now try get skin cancer on your ears and see how uncomfortable that gets.
Dadof3
6/24/2010 6:30am
Wow! I can't believe he hasn't cashed any of those checks yet.

chadwik74
6/24/2010 6:36am
Off the topic....I don't understand the tucking of the ears in the hat......I have tried it and it makes it so uncomfortable to even wear a...
Off the topic....I don't understand the tucking of the ears in the hat......I have tried it and it makes it so uncomfortable to even wear a hat! Yet I see so many people do it, not just riders but people all over the place.....I really don't care about the appearance of it but tried it myself and it was not comfortable at all! I just don't see how it got started or why it is done....

Back on subject I hope that is going to be a 2 parter it was just a tease with all the stuff he has in there.....anyone notice his first SX title YZ250f? Wonder if any of these guys that have won c'ships pull out bikes like that and spin a few laps on them just for fun...I know I would if I was him just to see how far bikes have come since that was like what ....2002?
Why does tucking the ears under the hat boggle so many people's mind? Did you actually get up in the morning and say, "I'm going to try that"?
6/24/2010 6:39am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2010 6:40am
Off the topic....I don't understand the tucking of the ears in the hat......I have tried it and it makes it so uncomfortable to even wear a...

Oversized hats? Never tried it and not going to.
Rupert X
6/24/2010 6:42am

Ear tucking dates back to the Elipticals, a time of whoops and disruptions

that pre-dated the backwards - hat era . Rare species of wombats that

invaded the SOCAL region during the Days-Of-The-Hodaka, began swooping down

and munching on ears, Tyson-style, resulting in over-bored hattage equipment and

rampant ear-tucking.

This pre-dates the quirky weiner- tucking fad of the frisky '70's - by months.

Erin Bates whispered this all to me at a moto-seance at Provo, Utah in late '98.
Rupert X
6/24/2010 6:42am

And, shh - yeah, that last part about Erin - keep it under your hat.

On the DL and whatev.
Highsider
6/24/2010 6:58am
Rupert X wrote:
Ear tucking dates back to the Elipticals, a time of whoops and disruptions that pre-dated the backwards - hat era . Rare species of wombats that...

and munching on ears, Tyson-style, resulting in over-bored hattage equipment and

rampant ear-tucking.

Erin Bates whispered this all to me at a moto-seance at Provo, Utah in late '98.
I always knew it was something like that.

Glad to have Rup explain it for us.
hacker 522
6/24/2010 7:39am
who was the o.g. flat biller..............Tommy clowers?
hacker 522
6/24/2010 7:45am
also does he have this whole setup again in aus. I saw pictures once when he had my space. He was running a flippin sweet ss silverado on 22's over in his homeland.
6/24/2010 7:55am
hacker 522 wrote:
also does he have this whole setup again in aus. I saw pictures once when he had my space. He was running a flippin sweet ss...
also does he have this whole setup again in aus. I saw pictures once when he had my space. He was running a flippin sweet ss silverado on 22's over in his homeland.
He said that his shop was his whole American career so not sure what he has in Oz.
KAWboy14
6/24/2010 9:24am
why would anyone need all that cool stuff?
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
6/24/2010 10:10am
Garden Grove state route sign in the background. LOL he gets points for swiping that one.
TerryB
6/24/2010 10:23am
Rupert X wrote:
Ear tucking dates back to the Elipticals, a time of whoops and disruptions that pre-dated the backwards - hat era . Rare species of wombats that...

rampant ear-tucking.

Laughing Dood, there is seriously something wrong with you...

And I mean that in the very best way possible.
Rupert X
6/24/2010 10:52am
Rupert X wrote:

rampant ear-tucking.

TerryB wrote:
Laughing Dood, there is seriously something wrong with you...

And I mean that in the very best way possible.

Your kindness falls on a wide-eyed, blank stare.

Like that from a Larry Brooks during a Stewart - related interrogation.

* Appreciate your words sir, from the heart of my bottom.

Errr - reverse that.
nytsmaC
6/24/2010 11:23am
KAWboy14 wrote:
why would anyone need all that cool stuff?
BIGHEAD1 wouldn't be caught dead in a garage like that.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/24/2010 11:32am
All I know is whomever put that video together should just give up now. Haven't they ever heard of an insert shoot? Just about got motion sickness watching that..

Cool shop though.
bg22
Fantasy
3050th
6/24/2010 12:34pm
He relying on getting another outdoor championship trophy. It's going to be a battle down to the wire I believe with Dungey kicking everyone's ass so far.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed's Shop

The Latest