Chad Reed wins seond round of Australian SX series

Crush
10/24/2009 4:59pm
So a couple did haha...

Reedy looked better than last week huh...
Jake-247
10/24/2009 5:03pm
ogdeno wrote:
Link below. Hope it works.... it didn't.
Yea but was it me or not when they showed the Lites on TV to me it looked as if Cunningham had the 2010 250. Reason I thought that was when the camera was next to him the shrouds looked very pointy like the 2010. Might be me though?Blush

But Reedy looked good and can only get better, Im with everyone else lets hope hes fast come Brisbane...hes goner need it!

The Shop

Stoop
Fantasy
912th
10/24/2009 5:55pm
Cunningham looked fast and agressive but looked like ha was having problems with grip

jackson222
10/24/2009 7:54pm
Crush wrote:
Did anyone notice if the CDR boys are on 09s or 10s?
They were on 2010 250's and 09 450's.
Looped Out
10/24/2009 8:23pm
Stoop wrote:
Chad was unbelievable through the woops today, imo he looks better on his kawasaki than he did on his Suzuki
That's what I was thinking too. I watched the 450 Highlights and thought "Wow, Reed's flying through the whoops" and then, I watched the LITES (250F) highlights of their main event and RYAN MARMONT was going just as fast as Reed through the whoops, if not faster.

There were 2 other Lites (250F) riders (Moss and Cuningham) that were going faster than the rest of the 450 guys through the whoop section and the whoop section was pretty big.

Who is this Ryan Marmont kid? He didn't win the race, but he was only 3 seconds behind the winner Max Moss.

stillwelding
10/24/2009 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2009 8:34pm
Kyle Cunningham 3rd again. Hope he wins one of these Ozzy SuperX races before the series is over. Go Kyle!
creed
10/24/2009 9:47pm
So Looped out you are stating Ryan Marmont is faster through the whoops than Reed and obv all 450 riders, wow.
I agree Ryan was on the gas but seriously you are dreaming if you think Ryan was faster than Reed in the whoops . I dont even think he was as fast as Moss through them.

i did feel that Reed just came up behind a rider then waited till the Whoops and said see ya even made both Reardon and Byrne look so slow.

Mr Reed is lookin better each week.
10/24/2009 9:47pm
jackson222 wrote:
Just out of curiosity did you notice his bike popping and splattering when he was on the line or in the race? Or both?
mxmaniac08 wrote:
I did notice that badly on the line but also on track... it almost sounded like he has a launch control or trans break set up...
I did notice that badly on the line but also on track... it almost sounded like he has a launch control or trans break set up or something going on. It sounded weird as when the 5 second board came out he just held it on the limiter till the gate dropped. I just never heard him ride on the limiter like that before.
jackson222 wrote:
Yep I thought so. Apparently he is running a launch control system that implements a rev limiter when he's on the line, this means he can...
Yep I thought so. Apparently he is running a launch control system that implements a rev limiter when he's on the line, this means he can hold it wide open and the bikes revs are limited, allowing him to get great traction.
I'm not sure how but it must have a system where it cuts out as soon as he leaves the gate so that his bike can rev properly and freely. Possibly when he shifts gears or something like that.
His bike sounded like shit on the line but as soon as the start was complete it sounded normal again.
My dad used to drag race bikes and he had a rev limiter for the line (clutch in) and another one with clutch out for if the chain broke or something like that. I pretty sure it work off one box and you could set the launch rpms and the over rev rpms.
Ashleymx
10/24/2009 9:57pm
AusMxFan wrote:
Anyone see Matt Moss jump that monster mountain thing? I never saw anyone else hit that, including Reed.
I did. Impressive for sure. I look over at just the right second when I heard him pin the throttle. I guess it wasnt faster flying that high though. They were better off driving forward off the top.
Ashleymx
10/24/2009 10:00pm
Reeds Suzuki last year was popping more than his Kawi is.
AusMxFan
10/24/2009 10:21pm
No one else was anywhere near Reeds pace through the whoops. Moss was easily next best, he never looked like dropping in. Ryan Marmont may have had some good runs through, not consistently though.
Jake-247
10/25/2009 12:10am
AusMxFan wrote:
No one else was anywhere near Reeds pace through the whoops. Moss was easily next best, he never looked like dropping in. Ryan Marmont may have...
No one else was anywhere near Reeds pace through the whoops. Moss was easily next best, he never looked like dropping in. Ryan Marmont may have had some good runs through, not consistently though.
"What whoops?" Haha.

But Reed is hauling some serious ass going through them whoops. I agree that Mossy was the next fastest but R.Marmont was no-where hear the pace of Reed let alone Moss.
10/25/2009 12:12am
ryan marmont was noticenly slower through the woops than reed, maybe if he was 15 kilos heavier he could throw that bike around and look more agressive.
Crush
10/25/2009 12:36am
Reedy has always been a revver... His bikes have all bounced off the limiter since for ever...
Lightning78
10/25/2009 1:25am
Stoop wrote:
Chad was unbelievable through the woops today, imo he looks better on his kawasaki than he did on his Suzuki
Probably has a little more testing time under his belt.......IMO when i saw the first race he didn't look like the typical reedy maybe he was getting used to the bike and needed some more time on the bike to get the right settings
Crush
10/25/2009 3:51am
Jetlagged too no doubt... Us-Italy-Us-Auz-Tasmania... lol Yes, tassie is a seperate country!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
10/25/2009 5:13am
Anyone have pics of Byrne??
BobbyM
10/25/2009 8:17am
jackson222 wrote:
Just out of curiosity did you notice his bike popping and splattering when he was on the line or in the race? Or both?
mxmaniac08 wrote:
I did notice that badly on the line but also on track... it almost sounded like he has a launch control or trans break set up...
I did notice that badly on the line but also on track... it almost sounded like he has a launch control or trans break set up or something going on. It sounded weird as when the 5 second board came out he just held it on the limiter till the gate dropped. I just never heard him ride on the limiter like that before.
jackson222 wrote:
Yep I thought so. Apparently he is running a launch control system that implements a rev limiter when he's on the line, this means he can...
Yep I thought so. Apparently he is running a launch control system that implements a rev limiter when he's on the line, this means he can hold it wide open and the bikes revs are limited, allowing him to get great traction.
I'm not sure how but it must have a system where it cuts out as soon as he leaves the gate so that his bike can rev properly and freely. Possibly when he shifts gears or something like that.
His bike sounded like shit on the line but as soon as the start was complete it sounded normal again.
vegemite in the air-box?
revcounter
10/25/2009 10:48am
Why is Andrew Mcfarlane not racing? Is he injured?

From what I have seen there is nobody that is going to push or challenge Reed. Does anyone think that any of the Aussie boys can step it up?
AusMxFan
10/25/2009 11:57am
revcounter wrote:
Why is Andrew Mcfarlane not racing? Is he injured? From what I have seen there is nobody that is going to push or challenge Reed. Does...

From what I have seen there is nobody that is going to push or challenge Reed. Does anyone think that any of the Aussie boys can step it up?
They interviewed him on the round one telecast, I think he's getting over a concussion.

Does anyone know if Billy Mac is doing any Super X rounds?
10/25/2009 12:34pm
Chad is looking good, he is definitely elevating the talent pool in Aussi land!! I can't wait to see him and James battle there!!
mxgoon
10/25/2009 3:23pm
I noticed after the final race that Chad is still favouring that arm that he hurt when he was landed on in the first round.

I wonder what the extent of the injury was.

Hopefuuly will be healed up in time for the showdown.
revcounter
10/25/2009 3:23pm
revcounter wrote:
Why is Andrew Mcfarlane not racing? Is he injured? From what I have seen there is nobody that is going to push or challenge Reed. Does...

AusMxFan wrote:
They interviewed him on the round one telecast, I think he's getting over a concussion. Does anyone know if Billy Mac is doing any Super X...
They interviewed him on the round one telecast, I think he's getting over a concussion.

Does anyone know if Billy Mac is doing any Super X rounds?
thanks mate
Motodrew295
10/25/2009 3:36pm
Man Chad races all but what.......3 weekends out of the year? That guy is an motocross animal!
This is why I am slowly caving on my Chad reed hating. I was a fan when he first came over from the GPs, then jumped on the Reed hating wagon and now I'm starting to dig his passion and involvement in the sport.
Motodude
10/25/2009 11:35pm
Stoop wrote:
Toldya that couple weeks ago. He looks like he can up the pace easier on the kawi than he ever did on the Suzuki.
Crush
10/25/2009 11:42pm
So far he looks like he is getting through whoops better... More like when he was on teh Blue 250... But i'm not convinced on his corner speed as of yet...
AusMxFan
10/26/2009 12:00am
All this speed speculation is complete BS.

Suzi vs Kawi, this year vs previous years etc,there is absolutely no way to tell yet.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed wins seond round of Australian SX series

The Latest