Chad Reed seems interested in renewing with Yamaha

Edited Date/Time 5/16/2017 9:44pm
http://www.motoonline.com.au/2017/05/16/catching-chad-reed/

Just posted but sounds like Chad Reed wants to renew with Yamaha
|
5/15/2017 9:39pm
Time to say good bye Chad, doesn't matter what your on. Unless Eli is purposely cutting 4 seconds a lap to park Dungey, your not getting a top 5. Imo
5/15/2017 9:45pm
Time to say good bye Chad, doesn't matter what your on. Unless Eli is purposely cutting 4 seconds a lap to park Dungey, your not getting...
Time to say good bye Chad, doesn't matter what your on. Unless Eli is purposely cutting 4 seconds a lap to park Dungey, your not getting a top 5. Imo
Na, even if that is true he is still comfortably in the top 10-15. He needs to stay.
Reggsie
5/15/2017 11:13pm
Never fails to impress with his interviews. I just want him out there racing, championships and maybe even wins are out of his reach most likely, but he brings something else to the game that's worth having for as long as we can get it.
SoCalMX70
5/15/2017 11:24pm
Time to say good bye Chad, doesn't matter what your on. Unless Eli is purposely cutting 4 seconds a lap to park Dungey, your not getting...
Not getting a top 5? Grinning

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/15/2017 11:31pm

"But like you said, I’m looking forward to November, the AUS-X Open, I’m excited about that, and I actually had a two-year contract with them, so I was always locked into that event. I’m excited for the guy that they’re bringing down, which I’m sure they will announce soon, I think that will make the racing fun and it’s always good when they bring good, competitive guys down. It definitely doesn’t turn into the homecoming where I get to go down there, rule the world and just ride around – I have to go down there to be at my best and scrap every lap to win the thing."

Any idea who he's talking about? Brayton?
cali11
5/15/2017 11:34pm
What I want to know is, what are you on? Dude is 35 and can still get on the box! He showed that in Las Vegas. Open your fucking eyes!
cali11
5/15/2017 11:36pm

-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"But like you said, I’m looking forward to November, the AUS-X Open, I’m excited about that, and I actually had a two-year contract with them, so...
"But like you said, I’m looking forward to November, the AUS-X Open, I’m excited about that, and I actually had a two-year contract with them, so I was always locked into that event. I’m excited for the guy that they’re bringing down, which I’m sure they will announce soon, I think that will make the racing fun and it’s always good when they bring good, competitive guys down. It definitely doesn’t turn into the homecoming where I get to go down there, rule the world and just ride around – I have to go down there to be at my best and scrap every lap to win the thing."

I'm going to go with JS7
5/15/2017 11:50pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"But like you said, I’m looking forward to November, the AUS-X Open, I’m excited about that, and I actually had a two-year contract with them, so...

I remember seeing or hearing something about Anderson.
5/16/2017 12:39am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2017 12:41am
cali11 wrote:
What I want to know is, what are you on? Dude is 35 and can still get on the box! He showed that in Las Vegas...
What I want to know is, what are you on? Dude is 35 and can still get on the box! He showed that in Las Vegas. Open your fucking eyes!
Read what I wrote. It's not gonna get any better for him next year either. Im all for him riding another year, but him getting a factory ride outside of Yamaha is never gonna happen. Especially finishing 9th overall this year. Maybe Rch but thats it other than Yamaha.
Question
5/16/2017 12:41am
I don't believe he retires. Yamaha would be totally crazy to let go Reed right now. Make a list of riders that combine his experiences, speed, and set up/development skills. Make a list of riders who can be as fast as Reed when he is happy with his set up too. Plus he was not outperformed by Webb, which gives a good indication about the bike's performance. If yamaha wants to win races with the 2018+ generation, of course most probably with Webb, they better keep Reed. Next year is too important for yam and they better send people and trucks of parts to test pre season. If the 18 is a miss, that will do like with the 10, and Webb who hates losing would easily be tempted by a bike he can win with, as any big caliber. It is an important year for yam.
FIREfish148
5/16/2017 1:33am
I wonder how much input Reed had on this bike? It looks more 2002ish. I thought he would be done at Yamaha for sure after this season but maybe he's just keeping it pc before he jumps ship?

thorns
5/16/2017 1:47am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I remember seeing or hearing something about Anderson.
Yip, Anderson just been confirmed.

Might have to make the trip across again, last year was a great show.
mingham97
5/16/2017 1:47am
cali11 wrote:
What I want to know is, what are you on? Dude is 35 and can still get on the box! He showed that in Las Vegas...
Read what I wrote. It's not gonna get any better for him next year either. Im all for him riding another year, but him getting a...
Read what I wrote. It's not gonna get any better for him next year either. Im all for him riding another year, but him getting a factory ride outside of Yamaha is never gonna happen. Especially finishing 9th overall this year. Maybe Rch but thats it other than Yamaha.
YEAH BRA THERES ONLY 8 FACTORY RIDES SO IF YOURE COMIN 9TH YOU ARENT WORTH IT BRA HAHA CALIFORNIA BRA
5/16/2017 1:52am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2017 1:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Jason Anderson

Edit: I was too slow!
Crush
5/16/2017 2:37am
I wonder how much input Reed had on this bike? It looks more 2002ish. I thought he would be done at Yamaha for sure after this...
I wonder how much input Reed had on this bike? It looks more 2002ish. I thought he would be done at Yamaha for sure after this season but maybe he's just keeping it pc before he jumps ship?

He's not ridden it.
block75
5/16/2017 2:51am
Reed is still under contract he isn't going to let anything out of the bag till the end of September so he is probably just saying the right words for now
PJRAUS
5/16/2017 2:56am
Question wrote:
I don't believe he retires. Yamaha would be totally crazy to let go Reed right now. Make a list of riders that combine his experiences, speed...
I don't believe he retires. Yamaha would be totally crazy to let go Reed right now. Make a list of riders that combine his experiences, speed, and set up/development skills. Make a list of riders who can be as fast as Reed when he is happy with his set up too. Plus he was not outperformed by Webb, which gives a good indication about the bike's performance. If yamaha wants to win races with the 2018+ generation, of course most probably with Webb, they better keep Reed. Next year is too important for yam and they better send people and trucks of parts to test pre season. If the 18 is a miss, that will do like with the 10, and Webb who hates losing would easily be tempted by a bike he can win with, as any big caliber. It is an important year for yam.
All of that does seem to make sense to me..Why should Yamaha skid Reed when he has publicly stated that returning is his first choice....Fair enough if Reed is demanding big money...bigger than Webb ( possibly fair enough since he did beat him in the championship ) they may not come o an agreement.
Reed has been pretty testy during interviews, seems to have vented some frustration over his opinion of the bike and how the team approaches development of the bike....Seems to me that it would be bad pr for Yamaha to skid their top finishing rider just for criticising the bike..Surely it would be better for them to,up their game with a new bike and go,out there and do some winning?
Isn't that what KTM did? DeCoster said back in 2010 or so that KTM,doesn't yet have the best bike in the class. KTM didn't get rid of him, instead they did what he asked, made a great bike and racked up,a bunch of championships..
I'm thinking Yamaha will take it on the chin and keep Reed for the exact reasons as stated by Question..
Sideways
5/16/2017 2:56am
So everyone thats not making podiums or finishing top5 should quit also? Chad made the podium once this season. Thats better than like 95% of the other riders.
5/16/2017 3:12am
Sideways wrote:
So everyone thats not making podiums or finishing top5 should quit also? Chad made the podium once this season. Thats better than like 95% of the...
So everyone thats not making podiums or finishing top5 should quit also? Chad made the podium once this season. Thats better than like 95% of the other riders.
Ya I guess I should wait to see how he does outdoors before forming an opinion
magoo1982
5/16/2017 3:20am
Modern Race fans Don't Make Sense .... They want Reed and Dunge , two fast guys still training hard and getting with the program to retire .. And No Show Bubba , and part time Mal Mal to Race ....
FTB
5/16/2017 3:27am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2017 3:30am
Jason Anderson

Edit: I was too slow!
Sydney already has it's fair share of ass holes. He's a bad sport, leave him in the USA. He's a bad example for our kids.
5/16/2017 3:28am
cali11 wrote:
Read what I wrote. It's not gonna get any better for him next year either. Im all for him riding another year, but him getting a...
mingham97 wrote:
YEAH BRA THERES ONLY 8 FACTORY RIDES SO IF YOURE COMIN 9TH YOU ARENT WORTH IT BRA HAHA CALIFORNIA BRA
Ya why have a young guy out there, when you can have a 35 year old backmarker (yes two lucky podiums) racing Sx only and doing a below average job at it? Your right a Justin Hill, Aaron Plessinger, Shane McElrath or Adam Cianciarilo dont deserve a Sx AND Mx ride under the factory tent. But let Reed have another year only getting involved in the championship when he's getting lapped or when Eli is purposely holding up the field. Plus the guy has cried more about shit over his career than a teenage girl who got dumped.
FTB
5/16/2017 3:33am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2017 3:34am
mingham97 wrote:
Ya why have a young guy out there, when you can have a 35 year old backmarker (yes two lucky podiums) racing Sx only and doing...
Ya why have a young guy out there, when you can have a 35 year old backmarker (yes two lucky podiums) racing Sx only and doing a below average job at it? Your right a Justin Hill, Aaron Plessinger, Shane McElrath or Adam Cianciarilo dont deserve a Sx AND Mx ride under the factory tent. But let Reed have another year only getting involved in the championship when he's getting lapped or when Eli is purposely holding up the field. Plus the guy has cried more about shit over his career than a teenage girl who got dumped.
Do you know the difference between Reedy and yourself? Reedy's a living legend (Been there, done that), You're a would be if you could be.
5/16/2017 3:35am
FTB wrote:
Sydney already has it's fair share of ass holes. He's a bad sport, leave him in the USA. He's a bad example for our kids.
I agree with the Sydney comment, but I think you are delusional if you think having Anderson over here at our show piece SX is a bad example "for our kids".

Anderson is a beast and if you think him coming here is a negative, you probably should look at who else is going to challenge Reed.
FTB
5/16/2017 3:38am
FTB wrote:
I agree with the Sydney comment, but I think you are delusional if you think having Anderson over here at our show piece SX is a...
I agree with the Sydney comment, but I think you are delusional if you think having Anderson over here at our show piece SX is a bad example "for our kids".

Anderson is a beast and if you think him coming here is a negative, you probably should look at who else is going to challenge Reed.
He loves to dish it out, but can't take it back. I.e Vince Friese. I.e Bad example. Enough said.
5/16/2017 3:42am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2017 3:44am
Damn really? Well thanks for bursting my bubble and ruining my day! Here I was believing I was a living legend and thanks to you I find out I'm not. On the brightside my 11 year old pug just ran an 18.95 second time on the dog obstacle course up here at the annual Woofstock festival and that kicked ass. So you can suck on that chief.
5/16/2017 3:44am
mingham97 wrote:
Ya why have a young guy out there, when you can have a 35 year old backmarker (yes two lucky podiums) racing Sx only and doing...
You were probably someone that counted him out after 2010 and 2013. So take a deep breath buddy and just sit back and savour the rest of the time we have with one of the sports greats.
5/16/2017 3:55am
Did he beat RC or Bubba either of those years? Honestly? I know he barely beat out Windham for one of those, but I'm not sure if Bubba or RC were there or healthy for either of those? I'll always remember Chad best for back in 02' I think? where he said he would beat Bubba if he started with him. Well he didn't start with him but Bubba was nice and after gaining a big lead he was nice enough to wait for Chad and let him pass. He then promptly caught him a half lap later and gapped him......on a 1 2 5. But back to the question has Chad ever beat either straight up in a series?

Post a reply to: Chad Reed seems interested in renewing with Yamaha

The Latest