Central Florida's Bithlo Closed

OldTiddler
2/2/2011 12:26pm
Nearly every sport that's been around for a while has an initial growth period, one that can't be maintained simply because the demand becomes satisfied. Surfing isn't still "taking off" the way it did in the '60s, and nether can motocross the way it did in the '70s.

The growth in the 2000s was inflated due in large part to the wildly expanding money supply, which is now stopped, causing many of these fair-weather-four-strokes-only-for-me folks to simply fall out of the market.

Anyone who still wants to ride knows that there are plenty of 2-stroke bikes available at blue and orange dealerships and on craigslist, and parts are still in good supply.

Beyond that, its pointless to mourn natural changes of some pastime. Motocross may be gone in a few decades, for the same reasons that it may now be illegal to ride a horse into your town, or in the way that people can't get by making Buggy Whips any more. Shit changes, falls out of favor, and/or becomes economically inviable. Just try to enjoy it while you can.
teggers
2/2/2011 12:29pm
I just talked to the BOSS. Not only is Bithlo good to go....there are lots of new things in the plans in the near future. So......um......NFM.
JustMX
2/2/2011 12:44pm
teggers wrote:
I just talked to the BOSS. Not only is Bithlo good to go....there are lots of new things in the plans in the near future. So......um......NFM.
How would Bruce Springsteen know?

The Shop

NeWskoolmxer
2/2/2011 1:08pm
Highsider wrote:
I am offering a great deal on slightly used moto property: [IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/Highsider2/LongN-S-1.jpg[/IMG] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120675428475#ht_1777wt_905
I am offering a great deal on slightly used moto property:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120675428475#ht_1777…
Can I rent? lol
Bellone
2/2/2011 2:10pm
teggers wrote:
Was he drunk again (track owner)? Susan was the best thing that track had, you just had to get to know her.

What are the new things?
Jakes Dad
2/2/2011 5:51pm
teggers wrote:
Hopefully some new "dirt" is one of them, all about getting a rough track. But when after 2 motos the jump face ruts are footpeg deep that sucks.
JOHN CHOATE
2/2/2011 6:48pm
Except when it rained, I always enjoyed practicing/racing there. Hell, I've been down the dragstrip there at 200+ mph as well !!
BobbyM
2/2/2011 6:49pm
can you really trust anybody in flowerida anymore...i mean jeb bush for fuck sakes was the boss down there
doublezero
2/2/2011 6:53pm
We went to LCross a few weeks back, and the track was actually very cool. They have a woods track as well. I have also found out that since we were there, they have made more great changes to the track. The link below has pictures and also a helmet cam.

Seminole Tribe was a great track, and everything is still the same today as it was the day they closed. Everything is still there. If they wanted to, they could open and have a race within a day. There has been some talk about it lately, can't say much, but elections are in May I believe. All depends on who is elected to the Council. The local business owners are livid over the track closing, and continue to push for it.

CLICK HERE FOR LCROSS PICTURES
aedwards07
2/2/2011 6:56pm
Bithlo is not closed for sure.I actually just got back from bithlo around 2 hours ago.And Sue is the best thing for bithlo.If you want to act like a dumbass she will let you know for sure.But when Sue is there the track is always watered and groomed,bathrooms clean,etc.

And isnt bithlo always closed on tuesday anyway?
Spahnzuki
2/2/2011 7:01pm
rgmx-49 wrote:
many tracks in Florida have closed like the seminole motocross park. which sucks as the closest track is L-cross which is like 150+ miles from here...
many tracks in Florida have closed like the seminole motocross park. which sucks as the closest track is L-cross which is like 150+ miles from here.
FLmxer wrote:
Man I miss that place so much. Spent almost every week there for like 8 years and in a second it was closed. Then after so...
Man I miss that place so much. Spent almost every week there for like 8 years and in a second it was closed. Then after so many people showed how much they loved it they said they were considering opening on another location in area but i think it was just to get people to back off on thier disappointment . I have not been the same since. it was my sanctuary. If bithlo closes it will be bad because it will be like the fourth track to close in a year or two.
I feel your pain. That sounds just like the El Cajon track back in '05 or '06. It was 25 min. from my house. They yank your chain about another location and NOTHING has ever been done to find an alternate location...phucking politicians. I hate hearing this shit.

I mostly ride a friend's private track now.
Bellone
2/2/2011 7:11pm
aedwards07 wrote:
Bithlo is not closed for sure.I actually just got back from bithlo around 2 hours ago.And Sue is the best thing for bithlo.If you want to...
Bithlo is not closed for sure.I actually just got back from bithlo around 2 hours ago.And Sue is the best thing for bithlo.If you want to act like a dumbass she will let you know for sure.But when Sue is there the track is always watered and groomed,bathrooms clean,etc.

And isnt bithlo always closed on tuesday anyway?
No, they have been open on Tuesday's from 10 until 5 starting in Jan 2011. Sue is the best, just wish she was running it full time again. The new women will give you second hand smoke cancer when you sign up to get in.
flarider
2/2/2011 8:02pm
My understanding of Seminole's closing wasn't that Jack was embezzling, it's that the former Chief was passing out money to an internal circle of his buddies, and that is why he was ousted. Jack was allegedly one of those receiving illegal monies. Indian Federal Law is very clear that all monies (profit distribution) are to be distributed evenly among tribal members, and off-book or secret payments are illegal.
The new Chief wanted to start everything anew and saw the track as a lot of investment with little return and with the alleged payoff's and the amount of money put into the facility, he just wanted to wash his hands of it.

I do know, as DoubleZero said, the local businesses around there are not happy with it's closing.

rgmx-49
2/3/2011 1:47pm
doublezero wrote:
We went to LCross a few weeks back, and the track was actually very cool. They have a woods track as well. I have also found...
We went to LCross a few weeks back, and the track was actually very cool. They have a woods track as well. I have also found out that since we were there, they have made more great changes to the track. The link below has pictures and also a helmet cam.

Seminole Tribe was a great track, and everything is still the same today as it was the day they closed. Everything is still there. If they wanted to, they could open and have a race within a day. There has been some talk about it lately, can't say much, but elections are in May I believe. All depends on who is elected to the Council. The local business owners are livid over the track closing, and continue to push for it.

I truly hope they open it again.
doublezero
2/3/2011 6:40pm
doublezero wrote:
We went to LCross a few weeks back, and the track was actually very cool. They have a woods track as well. I have also found...

rgmx-49 wrote:
I truly hope they open it again.
That would be great news wouldn't it?

Post a reply to: Central Florida's Bithlo Closed

The Latest