Than what the privateers have
I wish there where some better rules in place to keep
Equipment equal
|
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
4/19/2016 9:08am
The first guy who says “Come to my team and race,” and pays me because I don’t have any money left, that’s it. Anywhere in the world, I’ll do it.

Haha that's awesome.
Hopefully he finds a good ride
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/19/2016 9:11am
I changed the title a little... I just read the story myself... so cool of Jon, Mitch, and the crew to help him out.
Rowlands
4/19/2016 9:15am
Good to see a arenacross uk rider killing it over there. Thanks for posting
4/19/2016 9:16am
Very, very cool of Mitch and crew.

I really love what he's done for Audette this year too. He's making the sport a better place.

The Shop

GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/19/2016 10:51am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 11:06am
Awesome story and props to Mitch for being such a cool guy.
Question
4/19/2016 2:13pm

Yup, really good, props to LeBig too. I hope he lands with something. He was really in the top 10-12, but at Saint Louis, his best lap time is actually a lil' better than Bisceglia, who finished 5th. He is going in the right direction !
4/19/2016 2:18pm
Rowlands wrote:
He's from France, was riding a KTM 250 2 stroke in some MXGPs a few years back
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/19/2016 3:03pm
Tarz483 wrote:
http://racerxonline.com/2016/04/19/unsung-hero-cedric-soubeyras After Reading this id like to see him get a good ride for the outdoors And also i hate hearing about how much better the...
http://racerxonline.com/2016/04/19/unsung-hero-cedric-soubeyras
After Reading this id like to see him get a good ride for the outdoors
And also i hate hearing about how much better the
PC engine is
(Cool of PC to help him out though )
Butit bugs me that the top bikes are night and day better
Equipment equal
In what kind of racing aren't the top teams building better equipment? Even in NASCAR, where things are highly regulated, there are top engine providers.
BB67
4/19/2016 3:23pm
There was a note on the valve cover that said "Bud don't look in here".
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/19/2016 5:29pm
Tarz483 wrote:
http://racerxonline.com/2016/04/19/unsung-hero-cedric-soubeyras After Reading this id like to see him get a good ride for the outdoors And also i hate hearing about how much better the...
http://racerxonline.com/2016/04/19/unsung-hero-cedric-soubeyras
After Reading this id like to see him get a good ride for the outdoors
And also i hate hearing about how much better the
PC engine is
(Cool of PC to help him out though )
Butit bugs me that the top bikes are night and day better
Equipment equal
GuyB wrote:
In what kind of racing aren't the top teams building better equipment? Even in NASCAR, where things are highly regulated, there are top engine providers.
So that makes it ok ?
Its hard enough for the privateers
Without trying to race bike's that are head and shoulders better
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/19/2016 5:32pm
Tarz483 wrote:
So that makes it ok ?
Its hard enough for the privateers
Without trying to race bike's that are head and shoulders better
Okay? You're under the impression that it hasn't been like that for...say, forever?

I appreciate privateers and what they do. But it sounds like you may have some sort of solution? If so, I'm sure they'd appreciate hearing it.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/19/2016 5:56pm
I have no doubt its been going on forever
Heck even at an amateur level it does
But
I just dont get why take the villopoto's
Carmichael's and all the fastest guys in the world
And give them an unfair advantage
Fastest guy and on the fastest and lightest best handling bike ..
To me a solution would be production rules
Basically run bikes closer to stock
And definetly no unavailable parts .
Perhaps there would be less lappers
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/19/2016 6:13pm
I think fitness and riding skill is a bigger gap than the equipment.

Of course, there's a difference whether you're talking 250s and 450s.

In some cases, I don't think it would make as big a difference as you think it would in giving guys who might be lappers equal equipment.

We do have production rules, though I think there are cases where stuff might not be as production as it's supposed to be.

I also bet I could find an equal number of guys here who'd prefer to go the other direction and see full factory bikes again. But...I'm not sure how much more exotic stuff would get than it is right now. You do see a degree of trickness in the GPs that we don't get here, but most of it is minutia that lots of people wouldn't spot.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/19/2016 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 6:15pm

Cedric Soubeyras and LeBig.
motomx88
4/19/2016 8:51pm
GuyB wrote:
I think fitness and riding skill is a bigger gap than the equipment. Of course, there's a difference whether you're talking 250s and 450s. In some...

In some cases, I don't think it would make as big a difference as you think it would in giving guys who might be lappers equal equipment.

We do have production rules, though I think there are cases where stuff might not be as production as it's supposed to be.

I also bet I could find an equal number of guys here who'd prefer to go the other direction and see full factory bikes again. But...I'm not sure how much more exotic stuff would get than it is right now. You do see a degree of trickness in the GPs that we don't get here, but most of it is minutia that lots of people wouldn't spot.
"I think fitness and riding skill is a bigger gap than the equipment."

This is an interesting argument. Take Dungey and put him on a privateer's bike who just makes the main most of the time. Put that same rider on Dungey's bike and how would it turn out after a season long series? I think the confidence the privateer would gain would allow him to compete much more closely if not challenge Dungey for position.
aeffertz
4/19/2016 9:15pm
motomx88 wrote:
"I think fitness and riding skill is a bigger gap than the equipment." This is an interesting argument. Take Dungey and put him on a privateer's...

This is an interesting argument. Take Dungey and put him on a privateer's bike who just makes the main most of the time. Put that same rider on Dungey's bike and how would it turn out after a season long series? I think the confidence the privateer would gain would allow him to compete much more closely if not challenge Dungey for position.
I want whatever drug you are on.
jeffro503
4/19/2016 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 9:38pm
GuyB wrote:
I think fitness and riding skill is a bigger gap than the equipment. Of course, there's a difference whether you're talking 250s and 450s. In some...

motomx88 wrote:
"I think fitness and riding skill is a bigger gap than the equipment." This is an interesting argument. Take Dungey and put him on a privateer's...

Umm?....NO. A privateer is not going to jump on RD's bike and all of a sudden battle for positions with RD.

1.) A privateer , is a privateer because he hasn't earned the right to be on a factory team , because he isn't even running close to the times of the 2nd tier riders. Or the satellite teams either.

2.) RD ( if placed on equal equipment ) would still destroy everyone he is right now if all the machines were full " production based " bikes.

You're talking the difference between 1 - 3 seconds a lap ( RD vs Nick Schmit ) and the difference of being a top of the heap factory guy to a privateer who makes the mains but is in the back of the pack.

This sport is and always will be 95% rider. The badass riders right now , would be badass on equal equipment.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/19/2016 10:23pm
GuyB wrote:

motomx88 wrote:

Does that include cocaine? Cause that's the only way I see that happening...

You know, I rode Cole Seely's bike for a day this year... I wasn't near as fast as Cole when the day began and I sure wasn't any closer at the end of the day... In fact... I felt better on a Honda CRF450R I built for myself as a project a few months earlier.
aeffertz
4/19/2016 10:30pm
motomx88 wrote:

Remember when Ricky went out on a practically stock RMZ250 and ran some AX qualifying laps this winter and still was in the top 10?

The bike doesn't actually make you a champion, the commercials just say that to lure you in bud.
motomx88
4/19/2016 10:51pm
GuyB wrote:

motomx88 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Umm?....NO. A privateer is not going to jump on RD's bike and all of a sudden battle for positions with RD. 1.) A privateer , is...
Umm?....NO. A privateer is not going to jump on RD's bike and all of a sudden battle for positions with RD.

1.) A privateer , is a privateer because he hasn't earned the right to be on a factory team , because he isn't even running close to the times of the 2nd tier riders. Or the satellite teams either.

2.) RD ( if placed on equal equipment ) would still destroy everyone he is right now if all the machines were full " production based " bikes.

You're talking the difference between 1 - 3 seconds a lap ( RD vs Nick Schmit ) and the difference of being a top of the heap factory guy to a privateer who makes the mains but is in the back of the pack.

This sport is and always will be 95% rider. The badass riders right now , would be badass on equal equipment.
My example was to the extreme but the point i was trying to make was after a season a rider with $50k in suspension compared to $5k would get much better. Confidence to hit whoops at speed is worth 2 seconds alone.
Rowlands
4/20/2016 5:15am
Rowlands wrote:
The Source wrote:
Correct he is from France. I didn't realise he rode MXGP's on a KTM 250 2 stroke that's cool.

Arenacross UK is the name of a series that is run in the UK. You do not have to be British to compete. I am not sure if you thought I meant that Cedric was British or was just adding to my "good to see"...
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/20/2016 8:46am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2016 8:46am
GuyB wrote:

motomx88 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Umm?....NO. A privateer is not going to jump on RD's bike and all of a sudden battle for positions with RD. 1.) A privateer , is...

I agree Dungey is the Cream of the crop right now
And i do think he would still win on equal equipment
But i still dont believe that makes it logical
That the fastest guys
Should have faster and superior bikes

To me thats like saying
A rich guy has lots of money
So he deserves more money
And the guy who has a little bit of money
Deserves nothing !

For who are saying it dont matter much
Talk to anyone that has gotten a fill in ride
Ive read plenty of times guys getting to race
PC250f or Geico 250f
And saying things like , i cant believe i used to think i had a chance competing against this
The difference is huge , both motor and suspension .
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/20/2016 8:54am
GuyB wrote:

motomx88 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

I agree Dungey is the Cream of the crop right now
And i do think he would still win on equal equipment
But i still dont believe that makes it logical
That the fastest guys
Should have faster and superior bikes

To me thats like saying
A rich guy has lots of money
So he deserves more money
And the guy who has a little bit of money
Deserves nothing !
Would you rather watch a car race with
A Corvette racing a Mustang Shelby or a Corvette vs
A 6 cylinder mustang
.. i guess my point is its a for gone conclusion that
A factory bike is going to win .

To me its like there is 2 races going on at the same time
A race between those on Top equipment and a seperate race , against the guys on bikes that you and i could buy
.. and that definetly adds to lappers , id rather see a race with all the guys on equal equipment and let there ability
Do the talking instead of there better bike.

For who are saying it dont matter much
Talk to anyone that has gotten a fill in ride
Ive read plenty of times guys getting to race
PC250f or Guico 250f
And saying things like , i cant believe i used to think i had a chance competing against this .
The difference is huge , both motor and suspension .
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
4/20/2016 9:55am
ML512 wrote:
Does that include cocaine? Cause that's the only way I see that happening... You know, I rode Cole Seely's bike for a day this year... I...
Does that include cocaine? Cause that's the only way I see that happening...

You know, I rode Cole Seely's bike for a day this year... I wasn't near as fast as Cole when the day began and I sure wasn't any closer at the end of the day... In fact... I felt better on a Honda CRF450R I built for myself as a project a few months earlier.
Wait...you rode Cole's bike?
The Rock
4/20/2016 12:44pm
Rowlands wrote:
The Source wrote:
Another testament to how much two stroke experience makes one a better rider?

Post a reply to: Cedric Soubeyras Gets a Helping Hand from Mitch Payton

The Latest