Carmichael and H&H

hasko158
5/24/2012 10:30am
Titan1 wrote:
Do they want RC on board to try and counter-balance the party or something? H&H is a party place...the image of the team is the opposite...
Do they want RC on board to try and counter-balance the party or something?

H&H is a party place...the image of the team is the opposite of RC's...this just seems like an odd pairing to me, and so the only motive has to be money...Is Monster signing on with H&H, and RC has to go there to keep the pay check coming or something?

The only thing H&H has done that would "deserve" a factory backing is bring in some unique outside sponsors (Dodge, mainly)....results wise? Suzuki would be better off support BTO in my opinion...but for exposure? H&H is probably their best bet.
Party place? Hansen is the only one with a part reputation and the team has come a long way since the live music and girls on poles. RC is tight with Hart, Watson and Tedesco. Also is part of the Shift/Fox family and can bring Suz on. His car career is obviously done so why not stay in the sport and help some guys out?

What BTO guy is better than Hanny or Tedesco in sx. I bet you see a bigger name next year too now that they are going outdoors.
jasonward73
5/24/2012 10:34am
IMO Suzuki needs to have a team like H&H alongside their factory team. Kawasaki has Jeff Ward Racing, Honda have TwoTwo, and Chaparral, Yamaha - well...
IMO Suzuki needs to have a team like H&H alongside their factory team. Kawasaki has Jeff Ward Racing, Honda have TwoTwo, and Chaparral, Yamaha - well they have JGR, Star/Valli. Suzuki just have their factory team representing in the 450's, that hurt them this year in SX.
ML512 wrote:
They did have BTO... but yes i would like to see H&H on them, With the kind of budget and big sponsors they are bringing in...
They did have BTO... but yes i would like to see H&H on them, With the kind of budget and big sponsors they are bringing in it be great to see... Especially to finally see the team go outdoors!
I think BTO's bikes were supplied by Palmetto Motorsports (dealer) and not directly by Suzuki. Don't know for sure but would like credit given where credit is due.
yanks_178
5/24/2012 10:35am
It's not about results anymore, it is about exposure and Watson knows that. B2B!!!
Titan1
5/24/2012 10:37am
Titan1 wrote:
Do they want RC on board to try and counter-balance the party or something? H&H is a party place...the image of the team is the opposite...

H&H is a party place...the image of the team is the opposite of RC's...this just seems like an odd pairing to me, and so the only motive has to be money...Is Monster signing on with H&H, and RC has to go there to keep the pay check coming or something?

The only thing H&H has done that would "deserve" a factory backing is bring in some unique outside sponsors (Dodge, mainly)....results wise? Suzuki would be better off support BTO in my opinion...but for exposure? H&H is probably their best bet.
hasko158 wrote:
Party place? Hansen is the only one with a part reputation and the team has come a long way since the live music and girls on...
Party place? Hansen is the only one with a part reputation and the team has come a long way since the live music and girls on poles. RC is tight with Hart, Watson and Tedesco. Also is part of the Shift/Fox family and can bring Suz on. His car career is obviously done so why not stay in the sport and help some guys out?

What BTO guy is better than Hanny or Tedesco in sx. I bet you see a bigger name next year too now that they are going outdoors.
I'm talking about results from the last season...and at least BTO had riders at the races, even if they don't have the potential of Hansen or Tedesco.

All I know is that when I think of H&H, I think of: Bro's, black socks, tats, and a party...when I think of RC, I think of hard work, dedication, toughness, never say die, and a champion. Polar opposites if you ask me.

I don't see this lasting very long...but I don't know anything about his industry, so my opinion is worthless.

The Shop

hasko158
5/24/2012 10:44am
Titan1 wrote:

hasko158 wrote:
Party place? Hansen is the only one with a part reputation and the team has come a long way since the live music and girls on...

Titan1 wrote:
I'm talking about results from the last season...and at least BTO had riders at the races, even if they don't have the potential of Hansen or...
I'm talking about results from the last season...and at least BTO had riders at the races, even if they don't have the potential of Hansen or Tedesco.

All I know is that when I think of H&H, I think of: Bro's, black socks, tats, and a party...when I think of RC, I think of hard work, dedication, toughness, never say die, and a champion. Polar opposites if you ask me.

I don't see this lasting very long...but I don't know anything about his industry, so my opinion is worthless.
All our opinions are worthless, thats why we come here haha.

I do agree that the image doesn't line up, but they are probably hoping RC rubs off on these riders especially once the series gets outdoors.
englishman
5/24/2012 10:47am Edited Date/Time 5/24/2012 10:48am
Titan1 wrote:
I'm talking about results from the last season...and at least BTO had riders at the races, even if they don't have the potential of Hansen or...

so my opinion is worthless

Just like the rest of us... I was out by H&H the other day and along with Dodge signage on the trailer they also had E-Bay motors on there. I have to think that to be able to land two major sponsors like those they must be doing something right.
Phillips467
5/24/2012 10:57am
hasko158 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

hasko158 wrote:
All our opinions are worthless, thats why we come here haha. I do agree that the image doesn't line up, but they are probably hoping RC...
All our opinions are worthless, thats why we come here haha.

I do agree that the image doesn't line up, but they are probably hoping RC rubs off on these riders especially once the series gets outdoors.
I don't really think H&H is as much of a 'party place' anymore. Watson has mentioned many times that the pole dancers, smoke machines in their pits in the early days was done to gain attention, when they got that attention they could go after better results. The exposure H&H could give Suzuki is unrivalled, it can only be a good move for both parties.

I think Carmichael would fit in well over there, he's good friends with most of the guys and even if he just shows up occasionally having that name would be enough to help the team get better riders. The knowledge of having RC to 'guide' someone could see them get an up and comer....
Sherwood
5/24/2012 1:09pm
I remember seeing pictures of RC giving advice to Tedesco in the H&H rig this year. I just don't understand how a company that has brought in big outside sponsors is bad for this sport or someone's image.

I mean they hired Blose and that kids a hardcore party guy/punk...(I'm being sarcastic)
djc
5/24/2012 1:22pm
Frim what watson says i think they are trying to bring in more big named riders to h ad h and give the team more clout and I think they want to be seen as being a serious and top race Program. I'm guessing by bringing in rc this will help with all of that.
C.Worthy
5/24/2012 3:37pm
Titan1 wrote:

hasko158 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

I think H&H is definitely trying to turn around their image and start a solid program. Look at their results compared to the BTO guys. Hanny finished the season in 18th (due to injuries) which was better than Albertson (27th) and JT$ (34th). Even Tedesco who only raced like what 4 or 5 races finished a spot better than JT$ in points and he raced all year long. I think without the injuries they had this season they will definitely do a lot better next season. Goerke did good this season but still didn't finish better then any H&H guys at then end of the year. H&H also had riders at every race....they had replacement rider after replacement rider, but no matter what they showed up to race. Those guys impressed me this year and showed that they're trying to improve not only their image but also their results.
snowy816
5/24/2012 4:43pm
Titan1 wrote:

hasko158 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:

Fuck Hanny did well if I remember he got hurt but was riding real well in a stacked SX year... H&H know what they are doing, I think Kenny is allot smarter than people give credit for... Tedesco will be back with a something next year if he rides well in outdoors, stays healthy and get that confidence back..

I would be H&H any day over BTO..
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
5/24/2012 6:07pm
@JS7

Ok well maybe not exactly teammates but Rc/ H&H and Yosh will be on Suzuki's next year.
5:51 PM - 24 May 12 · Twitter for iPhone
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/24/2012 6:33pm
IMO Suzuki needs to have a team like H&H alongside their factory team. Kawasaki has Jeff Ward Racing, Honda have TwoTwo, and Chaparral, Yamaha - well...
IMO Suzuki needs to have a team like H&H alongside their factory team. Kawasaki has Jeff Ward Racing, Honda have TwoTwo, and Chaparral, Yamaha - well they have JGR, Star/Valli. Suzuki just have their factory team representing in the 450's, that hurt them this year in SX.
ML512 wrote:
They did have BTO... but yes i would like to see H&H on them, With the kind of budget and big sponsors they are bringing in...
They did have BTO... but yes i would like to see H&H on them, With the kind of budget and big sponsors they are bringing in it be great to see... Especially to finally see the team go outdoors!
I think BTO's bikes were supplied by Palmetto Motorsports (dealer) and not directly by Suzuki. Don't know for sure but would like credit given where credit...
I think BTO's bikes were supplied by Palmetto Motorsports (dealer) and not directly by Suzuki. Don't know for sure but would like credit given where credit is due.
Sorry I didn't exactly mean that suzuki gave them their bikes or any other help (i know Palmetto did last year, i thought i heard they got a lil help this year though). I just kinda meant that they were another team riding them. My bad on my wording...
robkinuk
5/25/2012 7:39am
englishman wrote:
[b]so my opinion is worthless[/b] Just like the rest of us... I was out by H&H the other day and along with Dodge signage on the...
so my opinion is worthless

Just like the rest of us... I was out by H&H the other day and along with Dodge signage on the trailer they also had E-Bay motors on there. I have to think that to be able to land two major sponsors like those they must be doing something right.
Be interesting to see the $ numbers on this sponsorship. Often teams or riders will bring in a top name sponsor for little or no money for the percieved credibility it brings to the team!
Big
5/25/2012 7:48am
I heard this Carmichael fellow is going to be one of the faster kids coming out of Loretta's this year......Cool
Who are you kidding? Carmichel who? Cool
Cook441
5/25/2012 7:50am
maybe H&H has a plan to buy a race car at some point...just saying- RC has some good experience / connections in a lot of ways- Personally I think he needs to take his family on a trip arouund the world laying wood to everyone on a track while doinng so...before it's too late.
dak446
5/25/2012 10:50am
@JS7 Ok well maybe not exactly teammates but Rc/ H&H and Yosh will be on Suzuki's next year. 5:51 PM - 24 May 12 · Twitter...
@JS7

Ok well maybe not exactly teammates but Rc/ H&H and Yosh will be on Suzuki's next year.
5:51 PM - 24 May 12 · Twitter for iPhone
I thought I was the only one who saw that
mgifracing
Fantasy
346th
5/25/2012 3:15pm
How about H&H in a dodge Nastruck with da GOAT.
TP13
5/25/2012 7:42pm
no, think about it. Suzuki is basically out of mx/sx. they let yosh have at it. Now, they dont want the GOAT on the payroll, but...
no, think about it. Suzuki is basically out of mx/sx. they let yosh have at it. Now, they dont want the GOAT on the payroll, but dont want him on someone elses..... they have 2 riders.... costs them very little to give it to H&H and the GOAT and KDub get along along with Hart. makes sense
Read this 3 or 4 times over and I still don't get it. What is the "K-Dub" reference?
HuskyEd
5/25/2012 8:43pm
no, think about it. Suzuki is basically out of mx/sx. they let yosh have at it. Now, they dont want the GOAT on the payroll, but...
no, think about it. Suzuki is basically out of mx/sx. they let yosh have at it. Now, they dont want the GOAT on the payroll, but dont want him on someone elses..... they have 2 riders.... costs them very little to give it to H&H and the GOAT and KDub get along along with Hart. makes sense
TP13 wrote:
Read this 3 or 4 times over and I still don't get it. What is the "K-Dub" reference?
There was mention of K-Dub leaving Geico Honda to ride for H&H next year.Unsure
BD49
5/25/2012 9:35pm
I tweeted Ricky and said here is your HH checklist.

Flat Bill Hat, Black Socks, Sleeve of Tats and Ultra Long Khaki Shorts.

He tweeted back and said, "Your sources are better than mine."

I told him my sources were "Vitards."
enginedr
5/26/2012 6:38am
I heard this Carmichael fellow is going to be one of the faster kids coming out of Loretta's this year......Cool
lol so damn funny
BobbyM
5/26/2012 9:00am
Titan1 wrote:

hasko158 wrote:

same goes for tony b...pretty straight and all business for the most part.
MT MX
5/26/2012 9:24am
TP13 wrote:
it means Kenny Watson. He goes by Kdub also.

Post a reply to: Carmichael and H&H

The Latest