Carmichael and Emig: Shameful Bias

Celine
Edited Date/Time 1/11/2016 3:15pm
Anyone else notice how Carmichael and Emig downplayed the Canard takeout on Dungey? It was shamefully obvious.

Carmichael: "He runs him high. Not hard contact. See the top of that berm just falls away. Trey was using up all the track." He even goes so far as to blame the track before he accuses Canard of overly aggressive or dirty riding.

On the other hand, when Emig describes Friese trying to turn under Peick, he said, "It was totally intentional." Both Emig and Carmichael defend Peick and accuse Friese of riding dirty. That's ridiculous. Peick should have shut off. Friese did not even make contact with Peick. Not like how Canard ran into Dungey in the main.

If you look at the footage, it clearly shows that Canard's contact with Dungey was far more aggressive than Friese's move on Peick. And I am not even going to get into the boneheaded move Dungey pulled on Stewart in the main. That deserves its own thread.

So, can anyone else spot the double standard here?
|
OnRails
1/10/2016 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 9:49pm
Trey was cleaner than Windex. Friese bombed Peick.
JM485
1/10/2016 9:50pm
"Friese did not even make contact with Peick"

Does anyone else want to have some fun with this dude?
TDeath21
1/10/2016 9:52pm
They said, "Canard left him no room". I'm not sure what more you want.

The Shop

Juss
1/10/2016 9:52pm
I say its time to dump the both of them!
Highflier
1/10/2016 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 9:53pm
Easy to spot that Friese is a tool and has been seen as a dirty rider for many years, not just last night.
By many, many riders....not just Emig and Carmichael

Perception is reality.
moscrop940
1/10/2016 10:17pm
I think the bias is completely acceptable in this situation.
Friese is kind of like the kid in High School that talks a whole bunch of shit but the teachers never do anything about it. Always gets away with it, and when someone calls him out, he pretends he isn't doing anything wrong....that is until one day someday has had enough of his crap and puts him in his place.

Canard does not have a reputation of being a dirty rider...Friese does.

Friese's background SHOULD pay a roll in how the situation is assessed..... and anyone telling you different is either stupid or a lair.
TeamGreen
1/10/2016 10:26pm
I'm thinkng the O/P is a female Dungey fan and has no less than 10 boxes of Wheatiies in the pantry.
kripple428
1/10/2016 10:26pm
"If you look at the footage, it clearly shows that Canard's contact with Dungey was far more aggressive than Friese's move on Peick" LOL did you watch the same race as everyone else?
toroP
1/10/2016 11:12pm
Highflier wrote:
Easy to spot that Friese is a tool and has been seen as a dirty rider for many years, not just last night. By many, many...
Easy to spot that Friese is a tool and has been seen as a dirty rider for many years, not just last night.

Perception is reality.
"Perception is reality"
Really? I perceive a lack of understanding of the nature of reality in the above quote.
Now what do we do?
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
1/10/2016 11:49pm
Highflier wrote:
Easy to spot that Friese is a tool and has been seen as a dirty rider for many years, not just last night. By many, many...

Perception is reality.
Yes. The mere fact that Emig and RC were ready with the term "Friesed" shows the history of the guys moves.

Canard hasn't been dirty, but he does make poor choices at times. Sorta Stew-lite in a way. The biggest difference I see between the moves is one guy has a long history of take outs, and was retaliating after getting passed, in a Semi. The other guy was moving up, in the main. Time, place, and history.
mmcmx
1/11/2016 12:25am
ACBraap wrote:
Yes. The mere fact that Emig and RC were ready with the term "Friesed" shows the history of the guys moves. Canard hasn't been dirty, but...
Yes. The mere fact that Emig and RC were ready with the term "Friesed" shows the history of the guys moves.

Canard hasn't been dirty, but he does make poor choices at times. Sorta Stew-lite in a way. The biggest difference I see between the moves is one guy has a long history of take outs, and was retaliating after getting passed, in a Semi. The other guy was moving up, in the main. Time, place, and history.
x2
oldrider
1/11/2016 12:43am
For what I saw Peick could have hit the brake and avoid contact, Dungey had no option
RG1
1/11/2016 12:55am
oldrider wrote:
For what I saw Peick could have hit the brake and avoid contact, Dungey had no option
No way Peick could avoid contact in my opinion. By the time he knew Friese was there he was already on the ground
Julian
1/11/2016 1:12am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2016 1:17am
i think some of the people posting above are confusing the two separate incidents - the first one shown is the one in which the media described the incident as VF elbowed WP and WP ended up slipping off the side of the track.

The second incident is when VF torpedoed WP

The above posts are mixing these two all up and this thread has fallen apart because no one knows what anyone is writing about.

Canards riding into the side of RD was worse than when VF elbowed WP

VF torpedo into WP was much worse than any other contact the whole night

I don't think such a torpedo should be tolerated in our sport but the general consensus is that it is somehow ok and we all have seen the soft penalties handed out by the AMA in such cases.

What many people (on this forum too) are overlooking are the long term effects on our sport of actions such as torpedoes and fist fighting ---- if it persists it just drags the sport down to the level of lesser respected sports.

I would rather see our sport as a family-oriented one where the second placing rider stops at the finish line to congratulate the winner rather than ducking his head and riding off because he disrespects the other rider because he has a history of dirty riding - We want a starting line full of riders like Bayle or Johnson, not riders like we saw fighting the other night. The way to achieve a starting line with riders like Bayle is have standards in our sport - just draw a line and do not tolerate bad behavior. Plus it is just stupid for WP to spend so many years of his life to get good at his sport and then throw away a complete season with a 20 second fist fight. It is a total loose-loose situation.

If a rider knows his season ends the moment he torpedoes, eventually he will just concentrate on trying to get to the finish like quickly instead of planing a take out move. Think about it...
jock
Fantasy
1st
1/11/2016 1:35am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2016 1:36am
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm thinkng the O/P is a female Dungey fan and has no less than 10 boxes of Wheatiies in the pantry.
Pantry, or did you mean to say panti.....I'll leave it there. Laughing
1/11/2016 2:32am
moscrop940 wrote:
I think the bias is completely acceptable in this situation. Friese is kind of like the kid in High School that talks a whole bunch of...
I think the bias is completely acceptable in this situation.
Friese is kind of like the kid in High School that talks a whole bunch of shit but the teachers never do anything about it. Always gets away with it, and when someone calls him out, he pretends he isn't doing anything wrong....that is until one day someday has had enough of his crap and puts him in his place.

Canard does not have a reputation of being a dirty rider...Friese does.

Friese's background SHOULD pay a roll in how the situation is assessed..... and anyone telling you different is either stupid or a lair.
This. This. This. This. This.
zehn
1/11/2016 2:46am
Canard does make some poor choices.
More than a few pro riders will agree
joeellis
1/11/2016 3:38am
Were there any penalties given to Vince? He takes Peick out twice causing him to have to go to the LCQ at best and isn't held accountable for it. We can say all we want, "these guys are professionals", "they need to control their emotions", "there is no reason for Peick to retaliate the way he did." I say bs! Maybe the first take out wasn't a blatent take out. I'll give Vince that one, but I have no idea what the hell the OP is talking about when he says there was no contact. There is no way you can be talking about the second incident. Hell, he t-boned Peick and he is supposed to get off the ground help Vince up, pat him on the back and wish him good luck in the LCQ.

These guys are so pumped because it's the first race of the year and haven't raced in awhile. I love everyone on here judging a person that go overboard with emotions even when it is practically justified. Everyone is tempered differently. Just because someone feels they could maintain their composure in that situation doesn't make that person correct when they are critical for not.

If some of you haven't noticed, there are not many factory jobs available. These guys are fighting their butts off trying to earn or maintain these jobs only to have some knucklehead take you out of two races. Many people would have retaliated. Maybe in a race somewhere down the line, but imo that kind of bs riding should be punished just as severely as a rider kicking another's butt for continually riding that way. Peick had a very good year and can win races. When is the last time Vince did anything? My rant isn't just about him either. I'm talking about any type of over the top actions like that.
Feldspar
1/11/2016 3:47am
There is a reason he gets injured so much.
1/11/2016 3:54am
If you can't relate to what peick did, you've never raced an asshole for an entire season or a few years.

I had this nemesis battle record with a certain kid around my area growing up racing superminis. There were times we would fight. Warranted on both sides. All based on emotion. Being a kid you don't control it well. But at the top of the sport I can see why peick lost it. But then again this isn't the same situation either because friese and peick aren't battling constantly. Friese is in the way. He got damn good starts. Wish peick could clean up his starts and not be in the position to deal with friese.
RG1
1/11/2016 3:58am
I agree. But I didn't think he did anything wrong at Anaheim
davistld01
1/11/2016 4:32am
RG1 wrote:
I agree. But I didn't think he did anything wrong at Anaheim
Ditto. The OP is obviously hormonal.
Xeno
1/11/2016 7:09am
Everybody is biased and subjective.
Bultaco
1/11/2016 7:13am
Celine said: " And I am not even going to get into the boneheaded move Dungey pulled on Stewart in the main. That deserves its own thread."

No bias/judgment in this statement either? Blink
hvaughn88
1/11/2016 7:16am
Don't worry, Celine. Your heart will go on...and...on.
fidiot
1/11/2016 7:19am
1st incident between Vince and Weston looked like good close racing. Weston should have let up and regrouped.

2nd incident between Vince and Weston looked 100% like Vince going in for the takeout.

Canard pushed Dungey over the berm. I think it was wrong. Anyone remember Canard pushing RV into the metal finish line structure back when they were on 250s? He is no angel.
RG1
1/11/2016 7:23am Edited Date/Time 1/11/2016 7:23am
fidiot wrote:
1st incident between Vince and Weston looked like good close racing. Weston should have let up and regrouped. 2nd incident between Vince and Weston looked 100%...
1st incident between Vince and Weston looked like good close racing. Weston should have let up and regrouped.

2nd incident between Vince and Weston looked 100% like Vince going in for the takeout.

Canard pushed Dungey over the berm. I think it was wrong. Anyone remember Canard pushing RV into the metal finish line structure back when they were on 250s? He is no angel.
He's no angel, but he did nothing wrong in this instance. He made a clean pass, Dungey ran out of room, the berm fell away and he went down. We really are going to ruin the sport if we're going to kick off about moves like that
fidiot
1/11/2016 7:26am
fidiot wrote:
1st incident between Vince and Weston looked like good close racing. Weston should have let up and regrouped. 2nd incident between Vince and Weston looked 100%...

RG1 wrote:
He's no angel, but he did nothing wrong in this instance. He made a clean pass, Dungey ran out of room, the berm fell away and...
He's no angel, but he did nothing wrong in this instance. He made a clean pass, Dungey ran out of room, the berm fell away and he went down. We really are going to ruin the sport if we're going to kick off about moves like that
I would not call it a clean pass. A clean pass would be no contact and nobody on the ground.

Post a reply to: Carmichael and Emig: Shameful Bias

The Latest