Car-Mate Mountain Ridge GNCC mudder

ebers
Fantasy
250th
Edited Date/Time 10/6/2015 12:50am
This weekend is the Mountain Ridge GNCC in southern PA... The weather here in the northeast is getting rattled with rain, and it's not going to get any dryer when looking at the weather.
So how nasty will this weekend be there!?

|
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
9/30/2015 9:31am
Mountain ridge doesn't get horribly muddy in my experience. The problem is going to be all the rocks will be wet and slimy. And that track has all kinds of rock gardens...traction will be minimal there
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
10/4/2015 10:25pm
Well...the rock gardens weren't too slimy, the traction was prime everywhere else. Visibility sucked though!
Niloz
10/5/2015 2:20pm
Well...the rock gardens weren't too slimy, the traction was prime everywhere else. Visibility sucked though!
How'd you do? What class? I always liked the Somerset race.

The Shop

ebers
Fantasy
250th
10/5/2015 7:35pm
One last comeback, yea it was gnarly! The fog/weather was the biggest challenge on the day though. There was one climb and a couple rock gardens that were pretty epic in those conditions! I'm glad I don't live near there though, I would never want to own a dirt scooter and ride that all the time!
10/5/2015 7:45pm
When it comes to mud races, this really wasn't all that bad. I honestly wouldn't even call it a mud race... More like a wet race!

There were actually a few places in the thick woods that had some dry dirt. I even saw a little bit of dust on Saturday in a couple of spots...

No doubt the wet rocks were pretty tough though, and a few places out in the open areas were a little on the sloppy side but it was nowhere near as bad as people thought it was going to be leading up to the race.

ebers
Fantasy
250th
10/5/2015 7:51pm
When it comes to mud races, this really wasn't all that bad. I honestly wouldn't even call it a mud race... More like a wet race...
When it comes to mud races, this really wasn't all that bad. I honestly wouldn't even call it a mud race... More like a wet race!

There were actually a few places in the thick woods that had some dry dirt. I even saw a little bit of dust on Saturday in a couple of spots...

No doubt the wet rocks were pretty tough though, and a few places out in the open areas were a little on the sloppy side but it was nowhere near as bad as people thought it was going to be leading up to the race.

I agree, no where near a mud run. Those rock gardens are tough no matter what! (At least for me, I hate rocks!)
The track was pretty fun though, I'll look forward to going there again actually!
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
10/5/2015 9:44pm
You and me both ebers. I was bummed about the weather when I got there, and honestly if I can't see the corners in the high speed sections, I have a hard time really twisting it. As far as the soil conditions, that was actually the best I've seen there. If it's not wet, the dust is epic. I spectated at the Quad race there last year (camped Saturday, raced Sunday) And the dust was horrible. The only thing good about dry weather there is the rocks aren't as slick. I am looking forward to next year...just hope the viz is better. I hate holding back...
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
10/6/2015 12:50am
Niloz wrote:
How'd you do? What class? I always liked the Somerset race.
I ended up 7th in Sr. B + 40. Had 5th in the bag till I made some mistakes...still not good enough...I should be fighting for wins

Post a reply to: Car-Mate Mountain Ridge GNCC mudder

The Latest