Cant decide !...-12 yz450f or -12 crf450 ?

bullpen58
10/27/2011 7:12pm
TeamGreen wrote:
The Yamaha is a WHOLE lot better than what some folks in here will say...I've GONE RACAING with it and put Austin Howell on it and...
The Yamaha is a WHOLE lot better than what some folks in here will say...I've GONE RACAING with it and put Austin Howell on it and HE LOVED IT...After we got the Chassis settled.

Enzo suspension and Light-Speed Chassis mod's...PERIOD.

1. It's the most dependable/longest lasting of the 450 motors.

2. It comes w/ EXCELLENT components like...Braking brake-rotors, Pro-Tapers, one of the Best-Clutch-Perch set-ups in the Biz....a chain and sprockets that last longer than the stuff that comes on the Honda (Which, btw...comes with "Disposbale" chain, brake rotors and pads!...call Chad at Eleven-10 and have that discussion).

3. It handles fine if you learn how to dial it in and set-it-up to ride "hi" in the stroke...jus' like a HONDA! Everyone that sets up a "soft" Honda or Yamaha get's REAL disappointed with how they "turn-in"...DO NOT Go for the "Lowering" BS via the shock; however, linkage can work; but, there's a lot of non-sense amongst the different linkages, too...try a stock '11 or '12 link BEFORE you spend a bunch of $ on ANYTHING-ELSE...Including TRIPLE CLAMPS!)

4. I built a coupl'a YZ-Fs for Pala and I was amazed at how "over-built" they are and how GOOD the STOCK components are.

5. They become an absolute HOT-ROD w/ jus' a Piston, Map, Pipe and Fuel...GOOD FUEL, that is; But...SO DOES THE HONDA...and you can jus' machine the Head on the Honda and run the Stock piston...DOH!

6. The HONDA is BY FAR the EASIEST to Build "LIGHT"...& the Kawasaki is the 2nd easiest

The HONDA is an EXCELLENT Bike; but, it ain't nearly as great as the honda-philes would have you believe...they're still looking at everything thru their Rosey CR500-XR400 glasses...

The BOTTOM-LINE:If all things are equal...Which ONE WILL COST YOU LESS TO OWN?

I know that parts will last longer on the Yamaha (Internally: It's jus' a simple fact...ESPECIALLY VALVE-TRAIN-WISE!)

I know that the "After-Market" is BEST for the HONDA!

I know that HONDA will feel LIGHTER IN THE AIR and it takes a lil' less effort to ride (STOCK/Before set-up) than the Yamaha.

So...Longevity-wise the Yamaha will be cheaper.

After-market-wise: The Honda will be cheaper.

Do you race?

Which one has the BETTER PAY-OUT in Contingency?

Which bike comes with the Best SUPPORT? Trucks at the Races, your Dealer...etc.?

Which one wiill cost you the least OTD?

Which one do you realy want?

Here's some blatant HONESTY:

I may have to get some bikes for a few Pro's this year & my top choices are based on points that I made, above; however, in a slightly different order...

1. How easy to make it a Pro-Level bike (The Engine's "tune-ability & build-ability" become critical, here). How hard to get the Chassis dialed in? (AKA, how much money on Suspension, Linkage, Clamps...etc.). How long are Clutches gonna last and how much to REPLACE THEM?

2. How much support avail. from the Manufacturer? How much do they pay-out for SX? MX-Nat's, etc...?
(Contingencies are unknown for 2012. We've projected our estimates based on current programs and info)

3. How long will things last? A good 450 motor should last a WHOLE LOT LONGER than most people will tell you that a "Race-Motor" should last...

Based on those considerations here's how we've ranked bikes for 2012...

1. KX450F

2. CRF450R (a VERY CLOSE 2nd if their CONGINGENCY HOLDS OUT)

3. YZ450F ( A VERY CLOSE 3rd, Contingency?)

4. KTM (Can you get the "New Bike"?)

5. RMZ450...this thing shopuld be Waaaaay farther up the list...but...WHERE"S THE SUPPORT? DOH!

Oh, almost forgot...

I'm jus' sayin'...
Check out the big brain on TeamGreen! Excellent post.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
10/27/2011 8:56pm
I would personally get the Honda. The things I don't like about the Yamaha are the looks and the intake noise. The noise is very annoying to me.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Cant decide !...-12 yz450f or -12 crf450 ?

The Latest