Cant decide !...-12 yz450f or -12 crf450 ?

Xsenter
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:32pm
...can´t decide what to buy for next year !

My options : 2012 YZ450F or 2012 CRF450.

I have ridden both bikes and I am impressed by both of them. The Yamaha for it´s motor and straightline stability and Honda for it´s awesome cornering and lightness.

My bike history: Have been a diehard Honda fan between 2000-2010. Had problems dialing in 2009/2010 chassi and went for a 2011 YZ450F this season. Been very happy with the Yamaha this season, great quality and easy to work on. Also like the suspension and chassi when it´s dialed in for my taste. Also think the easy to use GYTR-tuner is a very positive thing with the Yamaha. Really fun to try out different maps.

But as I said, I ridden the 2012 CRF450 and got very very impressed with how much better the bike feels compared to my last Honda, the 2010 CRF450. Chassi felt much more stable and predictable and the cormering was just awesome !

I got some aftermarket parts and other spareparts for the Yamaha now, so ofcourse it isn´t the most economic best move to change to Honda for 2012. But I can not forget the awesome feeling I had testing that -12 red bike !

What do you guys think ...Honda or Yamaha ?
|
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
10/26/2011 4:59am
Can't believe you rode a 12 YZF450 and considering buying one. Takes all kinds I guess.
Crush
10/26/2011 5:02am
Fuck, just ride your 2011 Yamaha again... It's the same bike!
Xsenter
10/26/2011 5:18am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2011 5:19am
Crush wrote:
Fuck, just ride your 2011 Yamaha again... It's the same bike!
Boring ! Got to much hours.

The Shop

Xsenter
10/26/2011 5:20am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2011 5:20am
Madmax31 wrote:
Can't believe you rode a 12 YZF450 and considering buying one. Takes all kinds I guess.
Whats wrong with it ? please tell me !
Highsider
10/26/2011 5:27am Edited Date/Time 10/26/2011 5:50am
Madmax31 wrote:
Xsenter wrote:
Whats wrong with it ? please tell me !
Nothing is wrong with it.
If I understood his post, Max is just jumping on the uninformed hater-bandwagon.
You know more about what to buy as you owned one already.
Make a "grocery list" of what you will buy to make each bike reliable and personal for you and see which will cost less.

I already know the answer using that method.Cool
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
10/26/2011 6:04am
Highsider wrote:
Nothing is wrong with it. If I understood his post, Max is just jumping on the uninformed hater-bandwagon. You know more about what to buy as...
Nothing is wrong with it.
If I understood his post, Max is just jumping on the uninformed hater-bandwagon.
You know more about what to buy as you owned one already.
Make a "grocery list" of what you will buy to make each bike reliable and personal for you and see which will cost less.

I already know the answer using that method.Cool
X2.
rmz361
10/26/2011 6:12am
Madmax31 wrote:
Im thinking the exact same thing. At first I thought u were probably just a newb who had a partiality to blue bikes, but when i saw you had bike experience I was kinda wowed. The CRF is a MUCH better bike in my opinion. Have you looked at the new KXF's or RMZ's? IMO those are all better bikes the the YZF.

Do whatever suits you though.
Xsenter
10/26/2011 7:32am
Madmax31 wrote:
rmz361 wrote:
Im thinking the exact same thing. At first I thought u were probably just a newb who had a partiality to blue bikes, but when i...
Im thinking the exact same thing. At first I thought u were probably just a newb who had a partiality to blue bikes, but when i saw you had bike experience I was kinda wowed. The CRF is a MUCH better bike in my opinion. Have you looked at the new KXF's or RMZ's? IMO those are all better bikes the the YZF.

Do whatever suits you though.
I rode the 2012 kx450f and did not really feel good on it. Felt heavier than my Yamaha and harder to lay down in turns.

I will never buy a Suzuki or KTM ! Great bikes , but their quality sucks !
aedwards07
10/26/2011 8:20am
I had a 08 and 09 Honda, went to the 10 Yami and liked it so I was planning on getting another one.Rode a 12 Honda and couldnt believe how much of a better bike it was.I got the Honda.Once you get rid of the stock pipe and map it the power is back up there with the Yami.
BKiller
10/26/2011 8:23am
Ask Chad Reed which he would choose!
MtnBoy
10/26/2011 8:25am
It amazes me how many people hate on the new YZs when realistically they aren't good enough riders to be held back by it even if it wasn't quite as good as the others.

ALL the bikes are so good these days that it's really about picking what color you want or dealer you want to go to, only about 1% of the world are good enough riders to be held back by the slight disadvantages one bike might have over the other.

If it were me though, I'd go with the Honda just because the Yamaha is ugly!
B DUB 333
10/26/2011 8:43am
TM 450, comes with all the trick shit right out of the box. Thats the route I'll be going for a four stroke. If you do the math, it would cost much more to upfit any of the jap bikes or the austrian one to get them as trick as the tm. I'm thinking TM 450, TM 144, KTM 250sx, and maybe a husky for a headlight bike, havent really decided on that one yet. Thats my stable for "12
englishman
10/26/2011 9:05am
Xsenter wrote:
...can´t decide what to buy for next year ! My options : 2012 YZ450F or 2012 CRF450. I have ridden both bikes and I am impressed...
...can´t decide what to buy for next year !

My options : 2012 YZ450F or 2012 CRF450.

I have ridden both bikes and I am impressed by both of them. The Yamaha for it´s motor and straightline stability and Honda for it´s awesome cornering and lightness.

My bike history: Have been a diehard Honda fan between 2000-2010. Had problems dialing in 2009/2010 chassi and went for a 2011 YZ450F this season. Been very happy with the Yamaha this season, great quality and easy to work on. Also like the suspension and chassi when it´s dialed in for my taste. Also think the easy to use GYTR-tuner is a very positive thing with the Yamaha. Really fun to try out different maps.

But as I said, I ridden the 2012 CRF450 and got very very impressed with how much better the bike feels compared to my last Honda, the 2010 CRF450. Chassi felt much more stable and predictable and the cormering was just awesome !

I got some aftermarket parts and other spareparts for the Yamaha now, so ofcourse it isn´t the most economic best move to change to Honda for 2012. But I can not forget the awesome feeling I had testing that -12 red bike !

What do you guys think ...Honda or Yamaha ?
What do you guys think ..

Don't take any advice on an $8000.00 purchase from anyone on here is what I think.
sozo
10/26/2011 9:06am
Isnt the CRF the same as the 11 but with a longer linkage ???
MOTODAD422
10/26/2011 9:23am
B DUB 333 wrote:
TM 450, comes with all the trick shit right out of the box. Thats the route I'll be going for a four stroke. If you do...
TM 450, comes with all the trick shit right out of the box. Thats the route I'll be going for a four stroke. If you do the math, it would cost much more to upfit any of the jap bikes or the austrian one to get them as trick as the tm. I'm thinking TM 450, TM 144, KTM 250sx, and maybe a husky for a headlight bike, havent really decided on that one yet. Thats my stable for "12
Can I borrow 30 Grand ?
B DUB 333
10/26/2011 9:28am
B DUB 333 wrote:
TM 450, comes with all the trick shit right out of the box. Thats the route I'll be going for a four stroke. If you do...
MOTODAD422 wrote:
Can I borrow 30 Grand ?
Borrow, probobly not. Earn, YES. were hiring and if you have experience doing underground utility construction I can give ya a great job.
B DUB 333
10/26/2011 9:31am
NP301 wrote:
TM?
That link might not work, if so just google " tm usa " and there the second one down. TM racing. They have had great results in the GP's also
rmz361
10/26/2011 9:42am
MtnBoy wrote:
It amazes me how many people hate on the new YZs when realistically they aren't good enough riders to be held back by it even if...
It amazes me how many people hate on the new YZs when realistically they aren't good enough riders to be held back by it even if it wasn't quite as good as the others.

ALL the bikes are so good these days that it's really about picking what color you want or dealer you want to go to, only about 1% of the world are good enough riders to be held back by the slight disadvantages one bike might have over the other.

If it were me though, I'd go with the Honda just because the Yamaha is ugly!
I dont get your logic. I mean, every bike has different characteristics that suit certain peoples riding styles better than others.

It is pretty easy for me to tell the difference between bikes when I ride them. Cornering characteristics, how will it hooks up, power delivery...these are all things that most every rider should be able to tell. Maybe not like C and D novice riders or something.
yzmatt
10/26/2011 10:14am
If the YZ450F is such a turd why does it finish in 3rd place in the MXA shootout and the CRF is dead last? I realize that it's just one magazine's opinion, but if MXA does one thing right, it's shootouts. They have riders of all levels actually RACING the bikes for extended periods to come up with their results and I've always thought they seemed pretty damn accurate. I guess they're only accurate for some people when their favorite color has a better showing....

I've never understood all the 'YZ is a pos' stuff lately, other than on the JS7 homers that just like to use the bike as his excuse for crashing..... Hello, JS7 has a LOOONG history of crashing bikes of all colors.............
chase187
10/26/2011 10:37am
yzmatt wrote:
If the YZ450F is such a turd why does it finish in 3rd place in the MXA shootout and the CRF is dead last? I realize...
If the YZ450F is such a turd why does it finish in 3rd place in the MXA shootout and the CRF is dead last? I realize that it's just one magazine's opinion, but if MXA does one thing right, it's shootouts. They have riders of all levels actually RACING the bikes for extended periods to come up with their results and I've always thought they seemed pretty damn accurate. I guess they're only accurate for some people when their favorite color has a better showing....

I've never understood all the 'YZ is a pos' stuff lately, other than on the JS7 homers that just like to use the bike as his excuse for crashing..... Hello, JS7 has a LOOONG history of crashing bikes of all colors.............
First off that is the 2011 results and secondly if you are trying to say a YZ450 turns as good as a RMZ you have not ridden a Suzuki. All the 450's are good, but each fits a riders size, and style better than the next. Bigger riders can muscle the Yamaha and Kawasaki with them having a larger cockpit, while smaller riders feel more comfortable on a Honda and Suzuki. I think the RacerX shootout describes each bike and how it suits different size riders and ability levels very well.
yzmatt
10/26/2011 10:44am
yzmatt wrote:
If the YZ450F is such a turd why does it finish in 3rd place in the MXA shootout and the CRF is dead last? I realize...

chase187 wrote:
First off that is the 2011 results and secondly if you are trying to say a YZ450 turns as good as a RMZ you have not...
First off that is the 2011 results and secondly if you are trying to say a YZ450 turns as good as a RMZ you have not ridden a Suzuki. All the 450's are good, but each fits a riders size, and style better than the next. Bigger riders can muscle the Yamaha and Kawasaki with them having a larger cockpit, while smaller riders feel more comfortable on a Honda and Suzuki. I think the RacerX shootout describes each bike and how it suits different size riders and ability levels very well.
What? Did I specifically mention turning characteristcs or the Suzuki?
chase187
10/26/2011 10:58am
yzmatt wrote:

chase187 wrote:
First off that is the 2011 results and secondly if you are trying to say a YZ450 turns as good as a RMZ you have not...
yzmatt wrote:
What? Did I specifically mention turning characteristcs or the Suzuki?
No, but that is where the YZ lacks in performance from some of the others. Then you used the results from the 2011 shootout to rank 2012 bikes, that's all no big deal. I have tried each brand and they don't all feel the same, to me the 2012 Honda and Suzuki handle better than the others but that is because they fit my style and size.
yzmatt
10/26/2011 11:05am
Fair enough, and my bad for using the wrong results. My point was mainly that everyone has dogged the new 2010 - 2010 YZ's but I have never really understood the reasoning.... such is life....
SL91
10/26/2011 11:06am
If you rode both, why don't you just pick the one you liked best?
bullpen58
10/26/2011 11:21am
I would pick the Yamaha because it has the most revolutionary design and you already have lots of parts for it. I have an '11 YZ450 and LOVE it!!!! Best bike I have ever ridden by far.

But I have not ridden the other new 450s but from what I can tell, they are ALL awesome bikes. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

If you're a serious racer, I would choose the brand that pays the most contingency for amateur racing.
Jay LINY
10/26/2011 11:33am
B DUB 333 wrote:
I agree,go with the TM.Rather then the same ole.Your sure to be a crowd favorate.

Post a reply to: Cant decide !...-12 yz450f or -12 crf450 ?

The Latest