Canard + KTM = AB?

davistld01
Just wondering if we'll see Trey Canard hook up with Aldon Baker when he hits the KTM team?

I personally think the KTM move is a great one for Trey, and that it might translate him into a rider of much higher performance than we've seen so far in his pro career, and with Honda.

Could the addition of Aldon's training approach be the piece of the puzzle that might launch Canard into being a viable championship contender?
|
Alex814
6/17/2016 5:04am
I think there's a good chance of Trey joining Aldon Baker's group. Didn't he say he's looking for a fourth 450 rider? For Trey it seems like he needs help with the mental aspect and decision making. If Aldon can help him there and reduce these setbacks he keeps having, Trey will be dangerous.
Crush
6/17/2016 5:24am
Nope. Baker said he's looking for a 250 guy. It'll be someone from the Husky or KTM 250 teams.
jpracer931
6/17/2016 5:30am
To add fuel to the fire Treys compound is up for sale

The Shop

Uncle_Eddie
6/17/2016 7:19am
I know a quick search could find the answer but I'm lazy. A bit off topic but was just thinking about how long trey has been on hondas. I can't remember him on anything but during his pro career. I'm pretty sure he was on Kawasaki during am years, not sure how long. Has he been on hondas his whole problem career?
Panic_Rev
6/17/2016 7:23am
I know a quick search could find the answer but I'm lazy. A bit off topic but was just thinking about how long trey has been...
I know a quick search could find the answer but I'm lazy. A bit off topic but was just thinking about how long trey has been on hondas. I can't remember him on anything but during his pro career. I'm pretty sure he was on Kawasaki during am years, not sure how long. Has he been on hondas his whole problem career?
Yes, I believe his last year in amateurs is when he started riding for Geico. He moved over from Kawasaki.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/17/2016 7:24am
Pretty sure that he'll have no choice. Ktm has stated that whoever they sign will have to use Aldon.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/17/2016 7:28am
jpracer931 wrote:
WHAT!!??

Where will this guy ride then?

EEE299
6/17/2016 7:31am
Ramrod wrote:
WHAT!!?? Where will this guy ride then? [img]https://fstg.motosport.com/motoblog/2014/Ronnie-Mac-1100.jpg[/img]
WHAT!!??

Baker wouldn't feed Trey for a week if that guy showed up at the factory...
Money
6/17/2016 8:16am
davistld01 wrote:
Just wondering if we'll see Trey Canard hook up with Aldon Baker when he hits the KTM team? I personally think the KTM move is a...
Just wondering if we'll see Trey Canard hook up with Aldon Baker when he hits the KTM team?

I personally think the KTM move is a great one for Trey, and that it might translate him into a rider of much higher performance than we've seen so far in his pro career, and with Honda.

Could the addition of Aldon's training approach be the piece of the puzzle that might launch Canard into being a viable championship contender?
Link to listing?
IceMan446
6/17/2016 8:26am
langhammx wrote:
Pretty sure that he'll have no choice. Ktm has stated that whoever they sign will have to use Aldon.
I dont think thats entirely true.

I think the younger guys will be forced to, but Dean Wilson isnt using him and wont be forced to.

I think the option is there (and a very good option), but they wont make anyone of the top guys use Aldon if they dont want to.
6/17/2016 8:54am
Ramrod wrote:
WHAT!!?? Where will this guy ride then? [img]https://fstg.motosport.com/motoblog/2014/Ronnie-Mac-1100.jpg[/img]
WHAT!!??

EEE299 wrote:
Baker wouldn't feed Trey for a week if that guy showed up at the factory...
Fredrick mac factory vs. baker factory??
davistld01
6/17/2016 9:21am
langhammx wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
I dont think thats entirely true. I think the younger guys will be forced to, but Dean Wilson isnt using him and wont be forced to...

I think the younger guys will be forced to, but Dean Wilson isnt using him and wont be forced to.

I think the option is there (and a very good option), but they wont make anyone of the top guys use Aldon if they dont want to.
Who's Trey been using? For some reason I'm thinking Antunez or Ferry...but that's just me.
2thefront
6/17/2016 9:59am
langhammx wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:
I dont think thats entirely true. I think the younger guys will be forced to, but Dean Wilson isnt using him and wont be forced to...

davistld01 wrote:
Who's Trey been using? For some reason I'm thinking Antunez or Ferry...but that's just me.
Dean Golich, who was ferry's trainer as well. Ferry is his riding coach.
Roach
6/17/2016 11:21am
Has Canard to KTM been stamped?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
6/17/2016 11:34am
Roach wrote:
Proof please.
Yeah, hold on, I'll get his contract out. Tongue

As I always say, anything is possible and I could be wrong, but I think you can stamp this one.
spd721
6/17/2016 11:42am
jpracer931 wrote:
I'm curious why he is selling. He has a pretty nice place to ride.
Roach
6/17/2016 11:44am
Roach wrote:
Proof please.
avidchimp wrote:
Yeah, hold on, I'll get his contract out. :P As I always say, anything is possible and I could be wrong, but I think you can...
Yeah, hold on, I'll get his contract out. Tongue

As I always say, anything is possible and I could be wrong, but I think you can stamp this one.
No worries. I wasn't sure if there had been anything released mid-season by any of the parties involved. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks Laughing
jpracer931
6/17/2016 12:00pm
Ronny mac will ride at reynards,most people sale their house to move,hannah is probably close to out of school by now,they actually live in stillwater and his mom lives in the ranch
6/17/2016 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2016 1:26pm
davistld01 wrote:
Just wondering if we'll see Trey Canard hook up with Aldon Baker when he hits the KTM team? I personally think the KTM move is a...

Money wrote:
Link to listing?
2thefront
6/17/2016 4:49pm
jpracer931 wrote:
spd721 wrote:
Probably Only has 3 or 4 max more years of racing left. Being on KTM opens up training with Aldon Baker. He could really say he left nothing on the table by being on the Baker program his last few years.
51xc
6/17/2016 5:04pm
trey canard has a fitness issue? eeehhhm ok...Huh
Dan533NZ
6/18/2016 12:18am
Just checked out a the listing for his pad. Even here in NZ if you converted the US dollar to ours it would still be a decent bye. To do that here would cost around 3 million possibly more...
C-Rock
6/18/2016 12:42am
Alex814 wrote:
I think there's a good chance of Trey joining Aldon Baker's group. Didn't he say he's looking for a fourth 450 rider? For Trey it seems...
I think there's a good chance of Trey joining Aldon Baker's group. Didn't he say he's looking for a fourth 450 rider? For Trey it seems like he needs help with the mental aspect and decision making. If Aldon can help him there and reduce these setbacks he keeps having, Trey will be dangerous.
Trey's already dangerous.
Mostly for himself, though.
6/18/2016 5:05am
jpracer931 wrote:
spd721 wrote:
The driveways cracked.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
6/18/2016 7:48am
langhammx wrote:
IceMan446 wrote:

Well.. I can tell you this much, Ktm was trying to get Seely to come over and part of the deal was that he would have to move to Florida and train with Aldon. Ktm would pay half of Aldon's fee and he would have to pay the other half. I really don't think that Trey would be any different....

To address Wilson, the "must hire Aldon" clause wasn't in effect when he signed on and I'm pretty sure "IF" they decide to keep him and field a 4 man team, he will be forced into the same situation. But, I think they are going to be passing him off to the BTO team from what I've heard.

Post a reply to: Canard + KTM = AB?

The Latest