Canada under pressure?

Moto810
Edited Date/Time 11/19/2015 9:40am
Just read this story about how Canada had to make special rules for two strokes because they claim the big factory teams are worried? If this is true it just goes to show no pro race series is open to anyone. No matter if it is two strokes or four..............they do not want anyone winning other than the factory teams! This type of thing should wake up a few people as to how this industry works now. Nice that Motocross Action stays up on these things though.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/canada-sticks-it-to-the-two-stroke-a…
|
Matthes
11/18/2015 1:19pm
Moto810 wrote:
Just read this story about how Canada had to make special rules for two strokes because they claim the big factory teams are worried? If this...
Just read this story about how Canada had to make special rules for two strokes because they claim the big factory teams are worried? If this is true it just goes to show no pro race series is open to anyone. No matter if it is two strokes or four..............they do not want anyone winning other than the factory teams! This type of thing should wake up a few people as to how this industry works now. Nice that Motocross Action stays up on these things though.

Yes, yes it's great that MXA stays on top of these things. Thanks to them for posting a story on Wednesday that was discussed on here last week as well as in Racerhead on Racer X on Friday in great length.

We are lucky to have those guys so "on it" like you say.

DryDryWoohoo
Johnny Depp
11/18/2015 1:20pm
It's great of MXA to cover it, unfortunately they are usually ignored.

Of course it is obvious they were pressured. Promoters are afraid the big boys will take their ball and not play.
Moto810
11/18/2015 1:24pm
I think they put the issue very front and center. I do not recall me saying you or others did not talk about it did I? I only said Motocross action stays up on these things.

Was I to do a history check and make sure who announced it first?
peelout
11/18/2015 1:28pm
Matthes wrote:
Yes, yes it's great that MXA stays on top of these things. Thanks to them for posting a story on Wednesday that was discussed on here...
Yes, yes it's great that MXA stays on top of these things. Thanks to them for posting a story on Wednesday that was discussed on here last week as well as in Racerhead on Racer X on Friday in great length.

DryDryWoohoo

The Shop

es337
11/18/2015 1:57pm
Matthes wrote:
Yes, yes it's great that MXA stays on top of these things. Thanks to them for posting a story on Wednesday that was discussed on here...

DryDryWoohoo
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/18/2015 2:13pm
Same ol' shit!! Follow the money, protect the corporations.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/18/2015 2:38pm
Matthes wrote:

DryDryWoohoo
es337 wrote:
[img]https://new1.fjcdn.com/pictures/He_857817_948018.jpg[/img]
No, he's just spot on... old news as they say... Wink
Moto810
11/18/2015 3:01pm
News is news guys. Just because one publication talks about it first does not mean that others can't. I don't go to all of the online motocross sites as I only visit 3 in total on a regular basis. It would be like saying that your local CBS news said there is a big winter storm coming! But then because they said it first ABC news can't say anything about it? lol

I was making a comment about the rules changed in Canada and not a statement about media really. Just glad MXA posted this story for me to read. It was not attack or they are better than you thing.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/18/2015 3:08pm
Matthes wrote:

DryDryWoohoo
es337 wrote:
[img]https://new1.fjcdn.com/pictures/He_857817_948018.jpg[/img]
ML512 wrote:
No, he's just spot on... old news as they say... Wink
So, if they're not the first to talk about it or it was discussed somewhere else 3 or 4 days ago, it should no longer be discussed? Matthes is a little full of himself to throw the " I already talked about it" bs. Not everyone listened to his show. In fact, I'll bet MXA has 500x the audience (at least).
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/18/2015 3:13pm
RonSkj wrote:
So, if they're not the first to talk about it or it was discussed somewhere else 3 or 4 days ago, it should no longer be...
So, if they're not the first to talk about it or it was discussed somewhere else 3 or 4 days ago, it should no longer be discussed? Matthes is a little full of himself to throw the " I already talked about it" bs. Not everyone listened to his show. In fact, I'll bet MXA has 500x the audience (at least).
I mostly prodding fun at the situation, but it's true... their online is always behind ours and Racer X's. Also, I actually wouldn't doubt that Pulp has a similar audience size to MXA's online presence. Also, Vital's audience size is quite a bit larger than MXA's and is bigger than Racer X's currently.

In this case it's been discussed on Vital, so there's already a topic about it floating around.
Matthes
11/18/2015 3:15pm
RonSkj wrote:
So, if they're not the first to talk about it or it was discussed somewhere else 3 or 4 days ago, it should no longer be...
And you can't read apparently. I never said I discussed it on my show. I mentioned that there was a big thread on here about it as well as a PR on Racer X last week and a big discussion in the Racerhead column on RXI. Not once did I say "I" talked about it or it was on my show.

Thanks for coming out though.

RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/18/2015 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 11/18/2015 3:27pm
Moto810 wrote:
Just read this story about how Canada had to make special rules for two strokes because they claim the big factory teams are worried? If this...

Matthes wrote:

DryDryWoohoo
Sorry, I guess my reading comprehension is slipping. But the jist of what I said, stands. Why the jab ?
mx836
11/18/2015 3:21pm
I don't think Yamaha and KTM were necessarily begging to be able to race 2 strokes when the series allowed them in the first place. With the 2 strokes out, they will all be on equal equipment again which is fine with me. I love 2 strokes too, but all this constant complaining is seriously starting to make me resent the 2 stroke taliban.
JM485
11/18/2015 3:25pm
mx836 wrote:
I don't think Yamaha and KTM were necessarily begging to be able to race 2 strokes when the series allowed them in the first place. With...
I don't think Yamaha and KTM were necessarily begging to be able to race 2 strokes when the series allowed them in the first place. With the 2 strokes out, they will all be on equal equipment again which is fine with me. I love 2 strokes too, but all this constant complaining is seriously starting to make me resent the 2 stroke taliban.
The only complaining about this situation was from the manufacturers, everyone else was happy with the previous rules since they were a good compromise.
mx836
11/18/2015 3:31pm
JM485 wrote:
The only complaining about this situation was from the manufacturers, everyone else was happy with the previous rules since they were a good compromise.
Yes, last years rules were a good compromise although a slightly awkward set of rules. I meant the complaining about 2 strokes not being allowed at the pro level or in general, not necessarily this thread. I wish Yamaha had never made that first 400, but it is what it is. Ride what you prefer is how I look at it now. The 4 strokes are here to stay for a while.
Moto810
11/18/2015 3:35pm
I scan through the posts here once every few weeks and it is easy to miss if a topic was posted or not. Normally I only go back two pages or so. However, I don't think that is a reason to think I am wrong to post something. It seems to me Vital feels this board is not only here to help themselves but that the board is also here to help the industry. I just saw a news post and thought I would comment on it here.

I have no problem with the fact if the riders don't want two strokes but it seems to me that the factory teams and the promoters are the ones taking them away. Seems as if the free market should decide the fate of a product and not high level people in the industry. Big government never works!
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
11/18/2015 3:36pm
Until KTM builds a DI smoker with magic button and a super rideable powerband.
mx836
11/18/2015 3:41pm
KTM could include a unicorn with every purchase and I still wouldn't buy one. Silly
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
11/18/2015 3:47pm
Moto810 wrote:
I scan through the posts here once every few weeks and it is easy to miss if a topic was posted or not. Normally I only...
I scan through the posts here once every few weeks and it is easy to miss if a topic was posted or not. Normally I only go back two pages or so. However, I don't think that is a reason to think I am wrong to post something. It seems to me Vital feels this board is not only here to help themselves but that the board is also here to help the industry. I just saw a news post and thought I would comment on it here.

I have no problem with the fact if the riders don't want two strokes but it seems to me that the factory teams and the promoters are the ones taking them away. Seems as if the free market should decide the fate of a product and not high level people in the industry. Big government never works!
You said "it's nice that MXA stays up on these things" which infers others don't. That's why you have received the response you received. It's not so much about the subject matter.
moto0852
11/18/2015 3:57pm
Moto810 wrote:
I scan through the posts here once every few weeks and it is easy to miss if a topic was posted or not. Normally I only...

GrapeApe wrote:
You said "it's nice that MXA stays up on these things" which infers others don't. That's why you have received the response you received. It's not...
You said "it's nice that MXA stays up on these things" which infers others don't. That's why you have received the response you received. It's not so much about the subject matter.
This. MXA is actually great IMHO (minus atrocious spelling errors) but to say they "stay up on things" is why you're getting slammed.

It's been a few decades since they "stayed up on things".
Moto810
11/18/2015 4:05pm
Moto810 wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:
You said "it's nice that MXA stays up on these things" which infers others don't. That's why you have received the response you received. It's not...
That is wrong! I did not infer others do not stay up on anything. Any news provider will have a different take on each story. It almost sounds like some of you are saying that if you don't get your news from one magazine then your in the wrong. I like to see all sides of a topic so I will keep looking at different news providers so I get as much information as possible.
FI2T
11/18/2015 4:34pm
mx836 wrote:
I don't think Yamaha and KTM were necessarily begging to be able to race 2 strokes when the series allowed them in the first place. With...
Wrong! All riders will not be on equal equipment. Top riders and US of the A racers cannot ride 2 strokes. Also factory bikes = better bikes. Sounds equal to me!

I think some changes over in the USA are in order....Canadian riders can only compete on Chinese dirtbikes!

mx836
11/18/2015 4:42pm
I know the rules. I meant the regular guys who compete for the top 10 and beyond will be on 250fs so it will be equal for the championship fight. I don't expect many people to be on 2 strokes at all. I guess you have to spell out everything around here.
11/18/2015 4:45pm
RonSkj wrote:
Sorry, I guess my reading comprehension is slipping. But the jist of what I said, stands. Why the jab ?
Jab jab Laughing
FI2T
11/18/2015 5:29pm
mx836 wrote:
I know the rules. I meant the regular guys who compete for the top 10 and beyond will be on 250fs so it will be equal...
I know the rules. I meant the regular guys who compete for the top 10 and beyond will be on 250fs so it will be equal for the championship fight. I don't expect many people to be on 2 strokes at all. I guess you have to spell out everything around here.
With the posts around here sometimes it is tough to tell who gets it. Example in the other thread on this CRMC strateeeegery, a moron said show me a link that says someone from Honda, Kawie or Suzuki complained about cc vs cc..... when the Op's original post had a link with a Honda team bitching about it.
11/18/2015 5:32pm
Moto810 wrote:

Matthes wrote:

DryDryWoohoo
The news is probably fresh to jody after his telegraph came in on it.
TeamGreen
11/18/2015 6:00pm
Wait, Canada changed the 2 stroke rules?

No way!
moto0852
11/18/2015 6:24pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wait, Canada changed the 2 stroke rules?

No way!
Yup. It's a breaking story right now over at MXA.
Juss
11/18/2015 6:34pm
Moto810 wrote:

People still read MXA? LaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Canada under pressure?

The Latest