Can we just retire one no....for a while?

Drtbykr
8/6/2015 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2018 5:21am
I was never a huge RC fan when he was racing, but I'm warming up to him now that he is back doing well for the MX game. Like he would care what I thought of him, lol. (Go JS7).

His skill and accomplishments are incredible and unmatched. Not even close really.

No disrespect to Baggett, but he should not be racing the #4 Suzuki, or any brand with a 4 on it.

Heck, a person can still buy RC toys and such, the 4 being RC's.

I don't think many people are fans of retired numbers, there aren't enough low ones to do it, and what would be the rule?

Here it is,free. The person with the most combined AMA SX and MX race wins has their number retired until such time as their combined wins number is surpassed. Then the new record holders number (except 1) will be retired.

If u want your number retired, all you have to do is get over 150 some wins.... get to work.

The number four should not be out there, too soon.

|
8/6/2015 2:52pm
...cry us a river...
..so there should only be 1 retired number...hmmm...
..how about the guys that had the all time wins record before RC...what do they get...
TXDirt
8/6/2015 2:57pm
I have always hated retired numbers in any sports. It's reminds me too much of making little gods out of people. I know I know... that's going way far, but still. I don't think we need to retire any number. The worst is when we have statues of humans. Goodness. Anyone remember the Joe Pa statue had to come down? Right or wrong it's stupid to have status of men/women. When you look behind the curtains we all have sins and have done things we regret. That's why it's so dumb to hold people up on such a friggin high pedestal. Yes, they were good at what they did. But we don't need statues.

The absolute worst was Derek Jeter's last year in baseball and the complete love orgy-fest over him. I love him as a player. I'm sure he is a nice guy. But holy shit was that way over done and it went on for 160 straight games. I couldn't even watch the end it was so overblown.

Sorry, rant over.

No to retired numbers.
BobPA
8/6/2015 3:03pm
This right here
Drtbykr
8/6/2015 3:06pm
...cry us a river... ..so there should only be 1 retired number...hmmm... ..how about the guys that had the all time wins record before RC...what do...
...cry us a river...
..how about the guys that had the all time wins record before RC...what do they get...
IT'S JUST ONE NUMBER.

Don't need to cry a river, been boating and fishing on one almost every day.

I wonder if Baggett or anyone asked RC if he minded? Maybe he doesn't care, I don't know.

There is a new fairly new trophy in the NHL for most goals, working out very well.

RC's numbers, wow...go get them.

I agree with the statue and Kerker stuff, right on. #hannahdaviswhew

The Shop

MT MX
8/6/2015 3:07pm
I know what you are sayin OP.
Here's how I look at it..............when RV took the #2, I thought WTF?!? I thought that especially his first year in the 450 class..........He would definitely NEVER fill those shoes from the previous user.
This crow tastes pretty bad right now.
8/6/2015 3:09pm
TXDirt wrote:
I have always hated retired numbers in any sports. It's reminds me too much of making little gods out of people. I know I know... that's...
I have always hated retired numbers in any sports. It's reminds me too much of making little gods out of people. I know I know... that's going way far, but still. I don't think we need to retire any number. The worst is when we have statues of humans. Goodness. Anyone remember the Joe Pa statue had to come down? Right or wrong it's stupid to have status of men/women. When you look behind the curtains we all have sins and have done things we regret. That's why it's so dumb to hold people up on such a friggin high pedestal. Yes, they were good at what they did. But we don't need statues.

The absolute worst was Derek Jeter's last year in baseball and the complete love orgy-fest over him. I love him as a player. I'm sure he is a nice guy. But holy shit was that way over done and it went on for 160 straight games. I couldn't even watch the end it was so overblown.

Sorry, rant over.

No to retired numbers.
"Gods" "sins"
Drtbykr
8/6/2015 3:09pm
It won't be the number 4 again for a while, unless Baggett has a hell of a run, better get started.
HenryA
8/6/2015 3:28pm
Wow what what Tanel Leok thinking with the number 4 and fox gear!

Retire the number? No way. At least not for the cause that he was dominating the sport for a couple of years. What they did with Jules number this year in F1 is a legit reson to retire a number. Not that you have plenty of wins.
Zracer
8/6/2015 3:29pm
Nope he wasn't the first, and wont be the last. He was simply the best.
Crush
8/6/2015 3:31pm
Bagget won a national title. He picked an available number as per the rules. RC has been retired now for 8 years... Come on.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/6/2015 3:47pm
It was retired for several years.

Beyond that? Just no.
Drtbykr
8/6/2015 4:00pm
The Dumbgeon!

Canadian hater, lol.
8/6/2015 4:07pm
...cry us a river... ..so there should only be 1 retired number...hmmm... ..how about the guys that had the all time wins record before RC...what do...
...cry us a river...
Drtbykr wrote:
IT'S JUST ONE NUMBER. Don't need to cry a river, been boating and fishing on one almost every day. I wonder if Baggett or anyone asked...
IT'S JUST ONE NUMBER.

Don't need to cry a river, been boating and fishing on one almost every day.

I wonder if Baggett or anyone asked RC if he minded? Maybe he doesn't care, I don't know.

There is a new fairly new trophy in the NHL for most goals, working out very well.

RC's numbers, wow...go get them.

I agree with the statue and Kerker stuff, right on. #hannahdaviswhew

Are you kidding me?

Asked RC if 'he minded'?????

What the actual f**k!!!

I don't hate Canada, I hate stooooooopiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.
wsc96
Fantasy
553rd
8/6/2015 4:40pm
Kinda funny I thought considering the avatar.
Drtbykr
8/6/2015 4:49pm
Easy now, I'm a dumbgeon virgin, my butt is getting sore from the fisting.

I'm just getting comfortable with a black 3 Chev racing around the track, and I don't watch NASCAR.

Having Baggett on a 4 Suzuki s stupid to me, but hey, opinions and arseholes.

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/6/2015 8:45pm
Drtbykr wrote:
The Dumbgeon!

Canadian hater, lol.
My ex is Canadian. My son has dual citizenship.

Being Canadian has nothing to do with this. It was, however, Dumbgeon-worthy.
TeamPumpin
8/7/2015 7:41am
This is dumbgeon worthy for the title alone. I had to open the post just to see what the heck it was talking about.
dirtnapper
8/9/2015 2:03pm
Drtbykr wrote:
The Dumbgeon!

Canadian hater, lol.
GuyB wrote:
My ex is Canadian. My son has dual citizenship.

Being Canadian has nothing to do with this. It was, however, Dumbgeon-worthy.
X 100 ( from a bred and born Canadian...)
Drtbykr
7/24/2018 3:38pm
DV just agreed with me on Pulp, BB good guy and all but shouldn’t have 4. Actually he doubled down and added 7.

So I guess it’s a French-Canadian thing. Just j/k.

If you get more victories than RC u can have 4. If you can scrub.....forget it, 7 is retired forever.
KMC440
7/25/2018 5:21am
I thought they did a 5yr moratorium for RC ... that's plenty.

Funny how you won't let a thread that got tossed into the Dumbgeon 3 freaking years ago die.

Kinda respect that amount of mental instability.

Keep beating that drum brother. BlinkLaughing
Drtbykr
7/25/2018 4:01pm
Thanks.....sometimes it serves me well, sometimes it doesn’t.

Post a reply to: Can we just retire one no....for a while?

The Latest