Can someone explain why Jarek Balkovic was DQ'd?

fgb729
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2013 4:52pm
Here's the video, happens about 4:00 in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7AV8eyPxyA

Here's what I saw
- An aggressive move, where a rider didn't even touch the other rider. And if the rider in yellow didn't pop up onto the berm ON HIS OWN, and just stayed on the breaks, he would have rode ahead of JB while he was off the track. Also the kid at the end obviously didn't see it, as he stated that JB took out the other kids front wheel, which isn't the case.
|
MotoX85
3/6/2013 8:00pm
Did you really just ask that question. If I was you, I would bury this video. That has got to be one of the worst take-out "Attempts" I have ever seen. Looks just like a takeout I once saw Bradshaw do to Chicken.

Probably let this one go if I was you, I'm a firm believer that rubbin is racin but that "attempt" was a little much.
fgb729
3/6/2013 8:07pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Did you really just ask that question. If I was you, I would bury this video. That has got to be one of the worst take-out...
Did you really just ask that question. If I was you, I would bury this video. That has got to be one of the worst take-out "Attempts" I have ever seen. Looks just like a takeout I once saw Bradshaw do to Chicken.

Probably let this one go if I was you, I'm a firm believer that rubbin is racin but that "attempt" was a little much.
So in your eyes it's ok to discipline someone on what you believe to be true but can't necessarily prove? I mean yea we can all see he went for it, but can you prove it? I mean he honestly could have swung a lot closer to him but didn't.
fgb729
3/6/2013 8:11pm
And can you really penalize someone on an "attempt"? If this were hockey and I attempted to hook someone, but didn't actually do it, can you give me 2 minutes for it?

The Shop

jmb227
3/6/2013 8:49pm
Thats a bullshit move plain and simple make all the excuses you want if the kid wouldn't have shut himself down as fast as he did he would either be dead or in the hospital right now. He went straight for a T-bone no block pass nothing. Theres nothing to be proven the video shows he went for a dirty move.
dak446
3/6/2013 8:59pm
Good racing. He didn't even hit the kid, just a good ole fashioned pass.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
3/6/2013 9:04pm
Dick move for sure.

Other than that, consider the mail delivered! Those guys were hauling. Not sure J-Law would want to enter that B moto.
captmoto
3/6/2013 9:42pm
Watch closely, it looks like his bike started to stand up in the corner then went straight. It looks like he had him inside but was just a bit hot going into the corner no big deal.
jl0822
3/6/2013 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2013 9:48pm
he went for it and miss, well sort of, but he deft went for it, dirty move
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
3/6/2013 9:55pm
Apparently he was on probation, he had a similar incident a few weeks ago where he nailed a kid and they gave him a warning. From what I read if he does it again he's looking at a 1 year AMA licence suspension
sharkey
3/6/2013 10:04pm
looked like he was out of control to me
.Turtle
3/6/2013 10:46pm
Just another dirty move. Should be banned for a year
C.Worthy
3/6/2013 11:07pm
If he never touched the kid I don't see why he was DQ'd. If there was contact with that move then I can totally see a DQ being justifiable. But a DQ for an "attempt" HA that's laughable.
3/6/2013 11:34pm
captmoto wrote:
Watch closely, it looks like his bike started to stand up in the corner then went straight. It looks like he had him inside but was...
Watch closely, it looks like his bike started to stand up in the corner then went straight. It looks like he had him inside but was just a bit hot going into the corner no big deal.
did I miss the train tracks he was glued to? if he could take the inside with that much speed poto would be his bitch right meow, if he hadn't of tucked the front he would have straight up t boned that dude into that grandstand
S.Loyer
3/6/2013 11:47pm
To me it looked like he came into the corner way to hot and messed up.
Even if he didn't the no contact, no problem rule stands with me.
40Plus_922mx
3/6/2013 11:55pm
Saawiing anda miss! However don't bad enough for a DQ. Unless there is more to this story like he had been warned by officials or something etc. etc.
SwapperMX
3/7/2013 12:14am
After reading the responses, I wasn't sure what I was gonna see. When I did see it, wow, that is definitely worthy of disqualification. I don't know who as a racer even thinks of pulling a move like that. To end up way off the track cos you rode at someone's front wheel, not cool. That guy didn't tuck the front, he was just avoiding the contact. Some fast kids in that class for sure!!
Motodave15
3/7/2013 12:50am
Two things going on in this video

1. How the hell did that guy go cartwheeling down the straight? That bike just threw his ass off lol....

2. That did and didn't look like a take out at the same time. He was slowing down with his leg coming off. and the front end stood straight up on him. Replay it and you can see right where it happens. so it sent him straight across. Now if his front end had stuck, It would have been nothing more than a(exceedingly) hard bump as the lines would have come together later in the turn.
Bosco
3/7/2013 1:57am
fgb729 wrote:
And can you really penalize someone on an "attempt"? If this were hockey and I attempted to hook someone, but didn't actually do it, can you...
And can you really penalize someone on an "attempt"? If this were hockey and I attempted to hook someone, but didn't actually do it, can you give me 2 minutes for it?
"In England and Wales, as an "attempt", attempted murder is an offence under section 1(1) of the Criminal Attempts Act 1981 and is an indictable offence which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment (the same as the mandatory sentence for murder)."

Generally, attempts are punishable. Why should you get away with the crime if you only don't succeed because of your own inadequacy?
BobbyM
3/7/2013 3:31am
jmb227 wrote:
Thats a bullshit move plain and simple make all the excuses you want if the kid wouldn't have shut himself down as fast as he did...
Thats a bullshit move plain and simple make all the excuses you want if the kid wouldn't have shut himself down as fast as he did he would either be dead or in the hospital right now. He went straight for a T-bone no block pass nothing. Theres nothing to be proven the video shows he went for a dirty move.
YER full of bullshit
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
3/7/2013 5:14am
fgb729 wrote:
Here's the video, happens about 4:00 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7AV8eyPxyA Here's what I saw - An aggressive move, where a rider didn't even touch the other rider. And...
Here's the video, happens about 4:00 in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7AV8eyPxyA

Here's what I saw
- An aggressive move, where a rider didn't even touch the other rider. And if the rider in yellow didn't pop up onto the berm ON HIS OWN, and just stayed on the breaks, he would have rode ahead of JB while he was off the track. Also the kid at the end obviously didn't see it, as he stated that JB took out the other kids front wheel, which isn't the case.
Brakes.....
HenryA
3/7/2013 5:21am
Well it was a clumpsy move, but I don't get why he got DQ'd for that.
wreckitrandy
3/7/2013 5:45am
As fast as that track is and considering how much time he was gonna lose 'IF' he had made contact, I've got a hard time believing it was intentional. Just guessing but, I think he just got into the turn way hot. Those guys were much too skilled to not be able to park one another if they wanted to. Now, circumstances leading up to the DQ could have made this mistake the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't know. Looked like a mistake to me but it obviously doesn't matter what I think.
3/7/2013 6:19am
As fast as that track is and considering how much time he was gonna lose 'IF' he had made contact, I've got a hard time believing...
As fast as that track is and considering how much time he was gonna lose 'IF' he had made contact, I've got a hard time believing it was intentional. Just guessing but, I think he just got into the turn way hot. Those guys were much too skilled to not be able to park one another if they wanted to. Now, circumstances leading up to the DQ could have made this mistake the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't know. Looked like a mistake to me but it obviously doesn't matter what I think.
x2
2T42
3/7/2013 7:52am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2013 7:54am
cablecable wrote:
did I miss the train tracks he was glued to? if he could take the inside with that much speed poto would be his bitch right...
did I miss the train tracks he was glued to? if he could take the inside with that much speed poto would be his bitch right meow, if he hadn't of tucked the front he would have straight up t boned that dude into that grandstand
I'm sorry. Are you saying "Meow?"

https://youtu.be/mXPeLctgvQI
jeffro503
3/7/2013 8:07am
I watched that scene like 10 times. It looks like #55 stood it up for a second in that corner.....lost his balance slightly then went strait. It was aggressive for sure........but I don't think #55 intended to come in on that other guy that hot. Christ.....he didn't even touch him and he got a DQ? What the hell?
holeshot100
3/7/2013 8:10am
captmoto wrote:
Watch closely, it looks like his bike started to stand up in the corner then went straight. It looks like he had him inside but was...
I agree. You enter a corner that fast, and you just need to be fully commited and lay the bike into the corner harder. He "half assed" it, and it stood him up.
IceMan446
3/7/2013 8:18am
I don't think he meant to go off the track like that, if he had stayed up we would have block passed the dude and it would have been a good move.

They didn't touch so why would he be penalized?

If that's the case, the dude that crashed on his own on the start should be penalized for taking out the dude on the Suzuki.
4stroke4DWIN
3/7/2013 8:40am
Looks to me he came in hot and the front started to wash out, he eased up on the binders and it stood him up and off the track. Whambalance is on its way. Crybabies lol.

Post a reply to: Can someone explain why Jarek Balkovic was DQ'd?

The Latest