Can someone ask Josh Grant why the rules are not clear enough?

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
Edited Date/Time 12/19/2014 7:31am
GuyB? Matthes?

I have brought this up in other threads with no good answer. I don't think it will happen now, but the last thing we want is to lose another rider because of this.

What does he feel needs to be done to make the rules clearer?

JGR Yamaha’s Josh Grant: “I know everyone is getting a lot hype on the drug-testing thing, but I think it needs to be a little more clarified—what they have for rules and stuff. If you’re doing EPO or blood transfusion, then I think that should be banned. But if you’re going to take something the doctor prescribed to you—Adderall or NyQuil or DayQuil or whatever it is—you have to keep your body healthy, and I don’t think they understand what we have to go through for this sport. I guess if we were dribbling a basketball back and forth it would be a different story, or if we were playing baseball … it’s not really that gnarly. I think for us, our body goes through so much, and we don’t have any time to take breaks and stop, so you have to keep healthy, and if the doctor thinks that’s what you need, then that’s what you need. I don’t think Stewart is cheating or anything. I think it’s bogus. I don’t always agree with what they have banned and don’t. But hey, whatever. That’s their deal.”

http://racerxonline.com/2014/06/27/racerhead-26
|
motosmith
12/17/2014 11:26am
I don't think Adderall is a banned substance. I think you need to declare it prior to use.
Jt$
12/17/2014 11:29am
motosmith wrote:
I don't think Adderall is a banned substance. I think you need to declare it prior to use.
It absolutely is unless a TUE is granted.
theToothPerry
12/17/2014 11:41am
motosmith wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
So is Tylenol PM and like he said Nyquil. Declare youre sick before youre sick or else youll get suspended riders.
rcm406
12/17/2014 11:50am
motosmith wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
And WADA and USADA both approved his TUE after the fact! So James gets 16 months for not submitting the paperwork?Dizzy

The Shop

mx836
12/17/2014 11:53am
The paperwork for a TUE has nothing to do with the suspension. Completely after-the-fact and I'm sure it didn't weigh on them at all.
Hut
12/17/2014 11:56am
mx836 wrote:
The paperwork for a TUE has nothing to do with the suspension. Completely after-the-fact and I'm sure it didn't weigh on them at all.
Maybe that's the problem here.
P
12/17/2014 11:57am
Drug testing is way overboard. Athletes have to be SUPER careful about anything that they eat or drink just because some everyday item might contain something that is off limits.

P
Flatliner
12/17/2014 12:21pm
P wrote:
Drug testing is way overboard. Athletes have to be SUPER careful about anything that they eat or drink just because some everyday item might contain something...
Drug testing is way overboard. Athletes have to be SUPER careful about anything that they eat or drink just because some everyday item might contain something that is off limits.

P
Couldn't agree more.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/17/2014 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 12:23pm
This will never be answered...... But who's to say he had a prescription prior to the failed test? It's pure speculation that he a) went to the doctor for ADHD, and b) was prescribed adderol before the test. Both of those things could have been done after the fact to legitimize the failure.

NOW, with that said..... I think it's bogus he's suspended for that long. Do I feel he should be punished? Yeah, a guy of his stature/means should have known that anything thing he was taking needed to be documented through the correct channels.... Which makes me lean towards believing it wasn't totally legit from the start...... But like I said above, we'll never know
Hut
12/17/2014 12:24pm
MxKing809 wrote:
This will never be answered...... But who's to say he had a prescription prior to the failed test? It's pure speculation that he a) went to...
This will never be answered...... But who's to say he had a prescription prior to the failed test? It's pure speculation that he a) went to the doctor for ADHD, and b) was prescribed adderol before the test. Both of those things could have been done after the fact to legitimize the failure.

NOW, with that said..... I think it's bogus he's suspended for that long. Do I feel he should be punished? Yeah, a guy of his stature/means should have known that anything thing he was taking needed to be documented through the correct channels.... Which makes me lean towards believing it wasn't totally legit from the start...... But like I said above, we'll never know
He said he has had a prescription since what 2012. They are not accusing him of fraud so I don't see the reason to do so here.
2thefront
12/17/2014 1:20pm
P wrote:
Drug testing is way overboard. Athletes have to be SUPER careful about anything that they eat or drink just because some everyday item might contain something...

P
Drug testing is way overboard because athletes and chemists have made it necessary. Some of you see things from an naive point of view. There are so many athletes out there that use certain drugs to mask others to beat the tests. If you're going to test, it has to be overboard.
IceMan446
12/17/2014 1:22pm
For the same reason the results from the multiple positive tests from the nationals were thrown out.

Because they didnt have enough time to get the proper paper work and the guidelines werent made clear enough.

When you have riders bringing supplements to the people in charge and they cant tell them a clear and concise yes or no as to whether or not its allowed, I think that is a cause for concern. And a reason Josh was saying what he was.

While I agree there should be a punishment, 4 races should have been more then enough.

Not a whole fucking year.

IceMan446
12/17/2014 1:23pm
2thefront wrote:
Drug testing is way overboard because athletes and chemists have made it necessary. Some of you see things from an naive point of view. There are...
Drug testing is way overboard because athletes and chemists have made it necessary. Some of you see things from an naive point of view. There are so many athletes out there that use certain drugs to mask others to beat the tests. If you're going to test, it has to be overboard.
And yet, they STILL cant find out who is really cheating and who isnt.

Ironic.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
12/17/2014 1:28pm
mx836 wrote:
Well it should. As a Judge or Jury, you consider all things before a judgement is final. If it was so black and white, no hearings or consideration of a defendants situation/details would ever be relevant... and in Stewarts case April, 16th 2014 he should have got 16 month suspension.

The flaw is you have to "trust" the Judge or Jury to do the job right and actually give a shit.
kiwifan
12/17/2014 1:40pm
2thefront wrote:
Drug testing is way overboard because athletes and chemists have made it necessary. Some of you see things from an naive point of view. There are...
IceMan446 wrote:
And yet, they STILL cant find out who is really cheating and who isnt.

Ironic.
if they tested everyone after every race yes they would, but thats not entirely practical.....
RedRum666
12/17/2014 1:54pm
So Grant somewhat supports Stewart, or doesnt consider it cheating......

I wonder if Reed and Grant just avoid this topic in general with their arrangement.... When the news of Stewart failing the test was made public way back when , there seemed to be a celebrating of sorts in the Reed camp.... One, for obvious reasons because it was James....and two two, Reed has been somewhat of the voice of the drug testing and said he suspected it taking place .... I always figured he was pointing at RV since ironically he and RV were the first to have the randoms pee tests.....test the accuser and the accused...I dunno....... Be interesting to hear what ol Reed thinks about this punishment ....

If a rider, any rider has a TUE...it is kept on lockdown aka, treated as a HIPPA violation..... Reed could have a TUE for the same thing or something else, but we would never know..
mx836
12/17/2014 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 2:05pm
Markee wrote:
Well it should. As a Judge or Jury, you consider all things before a judgement is final. If it was so black and white, no hearings...
Well it should. As a Judge or Jury, you consider all things before a judgement is final. If it was so black and white, no hearings or consideration of a defendants situation/details would ever be relevant... and in Stewarts case April, 16th 2014 he should have got 16 month suspension.

The flaw is you have to "trust" the Judge or Jury to do the job right and actually give a shit.
I think it is black and white. Just because he's approved now doesn't mean it's going to lessen his penalty any for a prior infraction. If you get a ticket for driving after revocation, can you show up to the court hearing with your flashy new license and walk free? The answer is yes. That's how fucked up our government is. I was really hoping James would be able to race, but IMO, the now approved TUE won't help any.

FYI: I was really hoping he'd be able to race. No hatin here. Even bought a "let bubba ride" shirt.
hasko158
12/17/2014 2:02pm
motosmith wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Thus the suspension....wow
Kawaboy14
12/17/2014 2:04pm
motosmith wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Do you believe the rules are clear enough?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
12/17/2014 2:07pm
motosmith wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
Kawaboy14 wrote:
Do you believe the rules are clear enough?
Good question.

And can you ask Josh what he feels needs to be done to make them more clear?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
12/17/2014 2:11pm
MxKing809 wrote:
This will never be answered...... But who's to say he had a prescription prior to the failed test? It's pure speculation that he a) went to...

Hut wrote:
He said he has had a prescription since what 2012. They are not accusing him of fraud so I don't see the reason to do so...
He said he has had a prescription since what 2012. They are not accusing him of fraud so I don't see the reason to do so here.
If he had the prescription since 2012 or anytime before the test I think the 16 months is way out of line.
12/17/2014 2:15pm
MxKing809 wrote:

You can't get Adderall without a prescription. This fact should answer your question.

As for those saying he shouldn't be punished because his TUE has been submitted and approved afterwards, it's like driving without a license. Even if you go and get one after being caught driving without a license, you were still driving without a license.

This situation sucks. I was hoping they would be easy on him being the first year with this procedure and the fact that he seemed to be cooperative, but rules are rules, and JS didn't follow them.
peelout
12/17/2014 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 2:21pm
P wrote:

P
everyone was wanting it for years, i always voiced my opinion against testing, now this happens and everyone wants to do away with testing.

go figure.

i'm sure someone can dig up the old threads of people wanting testing, i don't have the time nor patience

for the record, i think a 4 race suspension would have been more than enough to prove a point... 16 months is very excessive
Kawaboy14
12/17/2014 2:20pm
MxKing809 wrote:

Sheriff245 wrote:
You can't get Adderall without a prescription. This fact should answer your question. As for those saying he shouldn't be punished because his TUE has been...
You can't get Adderall without a prescription. This fact should answer your question.

As for those saying he shouldn't be punished because his TUE has been submitted and approved afterwards, it's like driving without a license. Even if you go and get one after being caught driving without a license, you were still driving without a license.

This situation sucks. I was hoping they would be easy on him being the first year with this procedure and the fact that he seemed to be cooperative, but rules are rules, and JS didn't follow them.
You can get ad feral from a lot of places other than the doctor, especially if you have the cash
Kawaboy14
12/17/2014 2:20pm
MxKing809 wrote:

Sheriff245 wrote:
You can't get Adderall without a prescription. This fact should answer your question. As for those saying he shouldn't be punished because his TUE has been...

You can ge from a lot of places other than the doctor, especially if you have the cash
mx_563
12/17/2014 2:28pm
I don't think Matthes or GuyB know what josh grant feels. (RT original post)
P
12/17/2014 2:32pm
P wrote:

P
2thefront wrote:
If you could take a drug and get better at riding a motocross bike I could understand, but that's not the case. Can it get you in better shape, maybe, but the guys that have been winning continue to win and it's not because of PED's. Drug testing in MX/SX is waaaaay overboard.

P
Insider347
12/17/2014 2:38pm
motosmith wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
I believe it should be banned and is controlled BUT him or his team made a bad mistake. He went to the hearing with his tue accepted and a dr's prescription for the med for now and for before is valid. So for a paperwork mistake, which should result in some penalty BUT 16 months, 8 which start now is just plain bullshit. Yes, it will still be a great season BUT would be even better with James.
jamma10
12/17/2014 2:39pm
P wrote:

P
2thefront wrote:
P wrote:
If you could take a drug and get better at riding a motocross bike I could understand, but that's not the case. Can it get you...
If you could take a drug and get better at riding a motocross bike I could understand, but that's not the case. Can it get you in better shape, maybe, but the guys that have been winning continue to win and it's not because of PED's. Drug testing in MX/SX is waaaaay overboard.

P
I'd say taking an amphetamine that heightens your alertness and sharpens your reaction time would be pretty beneficial to racing Supercross and Motocross!
Hut
12/17/2014 2:42pm
P wrote:

P
peelout wrote:
everyone was wanting it for years, i always voiced my opinion against testing, now this happens and everyone wants to do away with testing. go figure...
everyone was wanting it for years, i always voiced my opinion against testing, now this happens and everyone wants to do away with testing.

go figure.

i'm sure someone can dig up the old threads of people wanting testing, i don't have the time nor patience

for the record, i think a 4 race suspension would have been more than enough to prove a point... 16 months is very excessive
4 races is excessive imo but they created a monster that doesn't reason. Check out Jason Weigandt http://racerxonline.com/2014/12/17/rapid-reaxtion-the-james-stewart-sit…

Post a reply to: Can someone ask Josh Grant why the rules are not clear enough?

The Latest