Can somebody shed some Light?

Motodave15
5/4/2013 11:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2013 7:35am
1. How come our sport doesn't have a manufacture points race? (Ahem i have been watching F1 on this) It seems like something that could definitely help the sport. By showing what brand is dominating etc.

2. This is kind of a big one, But does the AMA Monster energy* Supercross series hold the outdoor nationals in contempt?
The reason i ask is because during the whole show, They kept referring to the 2014 sx season as if there is no outdoor series coming up. I mean we are literally about to see the best Opening round of outdoor 450mx That i can remember. Yet it seem to not even be on the radar of the broadcasters to mention it for the casual fans that are just seeing the sport.

If anybody can shed some light on these two things, It would be greatly appreciated.
|
RM127
5/4/2013 11:43pm
Two different businesses and owners....
dak446
5/4/2013 11:44pm
It's amazing how they can go an entire year goofing stuff up, producing mediocre broadcasts on the regular, but NEVER mention the outdoor series. It just shows how much emphasis the producers/Feld/powers-that-be put on it's anti-existence.
robbo335
5/5/2013 12:19am
dak446 wrote:
It's amazing how they can go an entire year goofing stuff up, producing mediocre broadcasts on the regular, but NEVER mention the outdoor series. It just...
It's amazing how they can go an entire year goofing stuff up, producing mediocre broadcasts on the regular, but NEVER mention the outdoor series. It just shows how much emphasis the producers/Feld/powers-that-be put on it's anti-existence.
does coke ever mention pepsi?
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
5/5/2013 12:26am
dak446 wrote:
It's amazing how they can go an entire year goofing stuff up, producing mediocre broadcasts on the regular, but NEVER mention the outdoor series. It just...
robbo335 wrote:
Does Playboy ever mention Penthouse...?

One is the clean, popular side of our sport, one is the dirty old school deep down desire side of our sport.

Which reminds me I should subscribe to Penthouse. And Playboy too. Can't have enough of a good thing.

The Shop

Motodave15
5/5/2013 12:31am
Here is the thing though. as a fan. whose only 24, I never knew that each series was in competition with each other. I thought it all fell under the same umbrella.

Like one series has always been grassroots and one was a hybrid that is the successor.

But i see what you guys are stating, That they are now in direct competition with each other. and no longer respect each other for there differences.

Sad. I hope that it doesn't create some kind of super void between the two.
robbo335
5/5/2013 12:40am
Motodave15 wrote:
Here is the thing though. as a fan. whose only 24, I never knew that each series was in competition with each other. I thought it...
Here is the thing though. as a fan. whose only 24, I never knew that each series was in competition with each other. I thought it all fell under the same umbrella.

Like one series has always been grassroots and one was a hybrid that is the successor.

But i see what you guys are stating, That they are now in direct competition with each other. and no longer respect each other for there differences.

Sad. I hope that it doesn't create some kind of super void between the two.
dont think they are really in competition with each other nor do they not respect each other, they dont overlap and they are their own entity, I think its more of a case of we will do our thing and you do yours. but hay I could be way off.
ando
5/5/2013 1:17am
Don't know why you feel they in are competition with each other. They are two different disciplines, different owners and sanctioning bodies.

NASCAR wouldn't advertise/promote Indy car or vice versa.
TomZ
Fantasy
4294th
5/5/2013 5:05am
dak446 wrote:
robbo335 wrote:
AZ35 wrote:
Does Playboy ever mention Penthouse...? One is the clean, popular side of our sport, one is the dirty old school deep down desire side of our...

One is the clean, popular side of our sport, one is the dirty old school deep down desire side of our sport.

Which reminds me I should subscribe to Penthouse. And Playboy too. Can't have enough of a good thing.
If you use that as the example then DC should not mention SX in RacerX..............he seems to speak with great enthusiasm about the SX series.

It is a bit of a one way street. DC typically takes the high road inspite of the competitive nature of two racing series. That said....I have seen Feld try to help from time to time with various Outdoor nationals by mentioning them at SX rounds. You just won't see them go out of their way to do so.
fader418
5/5/2013 8:11am
DC sure mentions SX in Racerhead every week. Anyway Coke competes against Pepsi. Does the Circus compete with outdoors? Thats lame!
dak446
5/5/2013 8:30am
robbo335 wrote:
AZ35 wrote:
Does Playboy ever mention Penthouse...? One is the clean, popular side of our sport, one is the dirty old school deep down desire side of our...

TomZ wrote:
If you use that as the example then DC should not mention SX in RacerX..............he seems to speak with great enthusiasm about the SX series. It...
If you use that as the example then DC should not mention SX in RacerX..............he seems to speak with great enthusiasm about the SX series.

It is a bit of a one way street. DC typically takes the high road inspite of the competitive nature of two racing series. That said....I have seen Feld try to help from time to time with various Outdoor nationals by mentioning them at SX rounds. You just won't see them go out of their way to do so.
Yeah, the Coke/Pepsi analogy doesn't hold. They're not really in competition at all. It's silly that they can't cooperate at all.
500guy
5/5/2013 8:36am
AZ35 wrote:

TomZ wrote:
If you use that as the example then DC should not mention SX in RacerX..............he seems to speak with great enthusiasm about the SX series. It...

dak446 wrote:
Yeah, the Coke/Pepsi analogy doesn't hold. They're not really in competition at all. It's silly that they can't cooperate at all.
Maybe the Nationals should advertise on the SX broadcast and vise versa.

They both say they have to pay for their TV deals, Do you really have a better chance of reaching your target audience ?
rosebud441
5/5/2013 8:53am
All i know is i'm so tired of Monster energy shit plastered all over the place.. Its embarrassing..

You would think they invented SX...
500guy
5/5/2013 9:14am
rosebud441 wrote:
All i know is i'm so tired of Monster energy shit plastered all over the place.. Its embarrassing..

if it makes you feel better the guy who invented Super Cross is sitting in Prison
RM127
5/5/2013 9:29am
Racerx is a magazine.... If they dont mention SX they will loose customers!
hothands
5/5/2013 9:48am
RM127 wrote:
And the last thing DC wants is a bunch of customers running around unrestrained.
DownSouth
5/5/2013 9:54am
RM127 wrote:
hothands wrote:
And the last thing DC wants is a bunch of customers running around unrestrained.
Laughing

Sounds like a good opportunity for some cross product promotion, every subscription comes with a free tube of Loctite for the loose customers.Cool
Motodave15
5/6/2013 4:17pm
rosebud441 wrote:

Lol true
visser62
5/6/2013 4:52pm
Ralph and Jeff pretty much never mention the outdoors, except occasionally at the MEC. But during outdoor broadcasts, Weege and Jeff will mention Supercross and will actually play clips of things that happened in Supercross.
Indy mxer
5/6/2013 7:08pm
rosebud441 wrote:

Motodave15 wrote:
Lol true
I agree!
They really overuse the Monster logo on the track and all over the stadium.
It really gets me when RV, who I really like, is on the podium
wearing a monster hat and jersey, but wait that's not enough. Now he has to act like he's drinking from an empty Monster can.
Really? Like I didn't already know he's sponsored by them.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/6/2013 7:11pm
They do have manufacturer standings.

1 Kawasaki 382
2 Suzuki 354
3 KTM 337
4 Honda 336
5 Yamaha 198

1 Honda 411
2 KTM 398
3 Kawasaki 328
4 Suzuki 328
5 Yamaha 45
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
5/6/2013 7:13pm
Indy mxer wrote:
I agree! They really overuse the Monster logo on the track and all over the stadium. It really gets me when RV, who I really like...
I agree!
They really overuse the Monster logo on the track and all over the stadium.
It really gets me when RV, who I really like, is on the podium
wearing a monster hat and jersey, but wait that's not enough. Now he has to act like he's drinking from an empty Monster can.
Really? Like I didn't already know he's sponsored by them.
They're not empty to start. Most guys down at least a couple can/bottles after a race. Often it's water and sometimes a post-race recovery drink.
ocscottie
5/6/2013 7:38pm
Just posted this PR from MX Sports that made me think of this thread.

MX Sports Pro Racing and Alli Sports Congratulate Wil Hahn and Ken Roczen on Career-First 250 Supercross Titles

Congratulations to Feld Motorsports on a Successful Supercross Season

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (May 6, 2013) - MX Sports Pro Racing and Alli Sports, a division of the NBC Sports Group, organizers of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing, wish to congratulate Feld Motorsports on a successful 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, season. ..more here
Coyote
5/6/2013 9:09pm
ocscottie wrote:
Just posted [url=http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/MX-Sports-Pro-Racing-and-Alli-Sports-Congratulate-Wil-Hahn-and-Ken-Roczen-on-Career-First-250-Supercross-Titles,15717]this PR from MX Sports[/url] that made me think of this thread. [b]MX Sports Pro Racing and Alli Sports Congratulate Wil Hahn and Ken...
Just posted this PR from MX Sports that made me think of this thread.

MX Sports Pro Racing and Alli Sports Congratulate Wil Hahn and Ken Roczen on Career-First 250 Supercross Titles

Congratulations to Feld Motorsports on a Successful Supercross Season

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (May 6, 2013) - MX Sports Pro Racing and Alli Sports, a division of the NBC Sports Group, organizers of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing, wish to congratulate Feld Motorsports on a successful 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, season. ..more here
Oc, Nuff said!!
TDeath21
5/6/2013 10:17pm
I have noticed that the MX series mentions SX and SX doesn't mention MX, generally speaking. It doesn't make sense because they aren't competing at all. Their seasons don't overlap and the more publicity one gets, the other benefits. If anything, they should be helping each other.
JeepnMike
5/6/2013 10:31pm
I would give my first born for the TV coverage of MX racing to be even almost as good as a live SX race. I realize you can't air an entire day of outdoor MX live, but even just having both motos on one channel with decent coverage would rock.
Hanaa80
5/7/2013 7:29am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2013 7:52am
TDeath21 wrote:
I have noticed that the MX series mentions SX and SX doesn't mention MX, generally speaking. It doesn't make sense because they aren't competing at all...
I have noticed that the MX series mentions SX and SX doesn't mention MX, generally speaking. It doesn't make sense because they aren't competing at all. Their seasons don't overlap and the more publicity one gets, the other benefits. If anything, they should be helping each other.
Well, Ralph kept calling it the "summer series" a couple of years ago.. Obviously he knows about the nationals, but maybe was told not to promote it in any way.
jtomasik
5/7/2013 7:31am
This sport's too small to be internally competitive.
AS64
Fantasy
2062nd
5/7/2013 7:34am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2013 7:34am
JeepnMike wrote:
I would give my first born for the TV coverage of MX racing to be even almost as good as a live SX race. I realize...
I would give my first born for the TV coverage of MX racing to be even almost as good as a live SX race. I realize you can't air an entire day of outdoor MX live, but even just having both motos on one channel with decent coverage would rock.
I would give my first born for the TV coverage of MX racing to be even almost as good as a live SX race.

GrinningLaughing
CIA
5/7/2013 7:35am
Wow..

The Pepsi/coke analogy doesn't work?

Now only does it work, its actually 100% correct. It's just Monster and Rockstar, and that is your reason. End of story.

Post a reply to: Can somebody shed some Light?

The Latest