Can anyone recommend a good "Under The Shirt" protective vest?

RMRider1
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2015 8:25am
Just wondering what you guys have found to be the most comfortable and cool for Moto? Any recommendations? Thanks!
|
DoctorJD
4/13/2015 6:09pm
I recently got a TDL CP5900. Haven't used it in the heat yet, but its super comfortable.
4/13/2015 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2015 6:19pm
I ended up buying the Alpinestars BNS Body Armor that goes underneath the jersey. I had purchased the Alpinestars Neckbrace and wanted something that would be both compatible and comfortable to wear with the brace. Haven't got a chance to ride with the combo yet but I have to be honest, once I tried everything on (full gear), it felt fantastic! Once it is on underneath it doesn't stand out. It has protection for the forearm, back, chest/ribs and comes with a built in kidney belt for extra support! I was originally going to go with a normal chest protector but decided to go with the Body Armor after reading so many positive reviews, and I don't regret it one bit. It isn't a vest but comparing it to the other protector I have that goes over the jersey, this is great. Definitely check it out!

RMRider1
4/13/2015 8:06pm
I ended up buying the Alpinestars BNS Body Armor that goes underneath the jersey. I had purchased the Alpinestars Neckbrace and wanted something that would be...
I ended up buying the Alpinestars BNS Body Armor that goes underneath the jersey. I had purchased the Alpinestars Neckbrace and wanted something that would be both compatible and comfortable to wear with the brace. Haven't got a chance to ride with the combo yet but I have to be honest, once I tried everything on (full gear), it felt fantastic! Once it is on underneath it doesn't stand out. It has protection for the forearm, back, chest/ribs and comes with a built in kidney belt for extra support! I was originally going to go with a normal chest protector but decided to go with the Body Armor after reading so many positive reviews, and I don't regret it one bit. It isn't a vest but comparing it to the other protector I have that goes over the jersey, this is great. Definitely check it out!

Looks great, but I'm really just looking for the vest, chest, back really.
Crush
4/13/2015 8:20pm
There is a sleeveless version of both the Alpinestars and Fox Titan.

I've had both, IMO the Titan is better if you're a little taller (Better back coverage especially) and I feel a bit slimmer to the body front and back... if you're barrel chested it feels better.

The Shop

Fat Fingers
4/13/2015 8:23pm
Just wondering why you would want an under the shirt one? The over the shirt ones seem to be better at protecting you.
PT887
4/13/2015 8:29pm
TLD 5900. Very comfortable, fits snug to the body under the jersey and works excellent w my leatt neck brace over the top. Doesn't look bad outside of the jersey either if you decide to switch it up!
mxb2
4/13/2015 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2015 8:33pm
I ended up buying the Alpinestars BNS Body Armor that goes underneath the jersey. I had purchased the Alpinestars Neckbrace and wanted something that would be...

RMRider1 wrote:
Looks great, but I'm really just looking for the vest, chest, back really.
i have a alpinestars a6 for sale $60 plus shipping, if interested, mens adjustable, great shape, Wgoske@yahoo.com thanks billy
Briggs984
4/13/2015 8:39pm
I like the one industries blaster vest. Fits snug, not to hot and in the middle of summer I soak it in ice water before my motos, makes waiting at the gate a lot more tolerable. Won't save your ribs from a bad get off but defiantly takes the roost sting away, I got about two seasons out of my last vest before the foam started to separate.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/13/2015 8:45pm
The TLD seems to be the one a lot of guys use...even if they stick their sponsor's brand stickers on it.
4/14/2015 4:10am

These no good? Surely you can get them at Walmart for less than those overpriced moto vests.
RPM68
4/14/2015 6:15am
RMRider1 wrote:
Just wondering what you guys have found to be the most comfortable and cool for Moto? Any recommendations? Thanks!
I run the Fly set up, it is cool, and doesn't seem stiff at all.
moto0852
4/14/2015 7:35am
O.K. I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here. I broke my back 6 years ago and so first of all
1. I would never ride with any chest protection system that doesnt cover my entire spine
2. There is no "Over the jersey" chest protector I've seen (save the rxr) that gives adequate protection
3. If your going to wear a chest protector to actually "protect" why would you buy anything that is not C.E.certified impact tested?

The highest C.E. certified protector I know of and wear is the Leatt 3df
http://www.leatt.com/shop/body-protection/upper-body-soft/upper-body-soft-adult/body-protector-3df-878.html
4/14/2015 8:25am
GuyB wrote:
The TLD seems to be the one a lot of guys use...even if they stick their sponsor's brand stickers on it.
Do you know the model they run, they have a few options

Post a reply to: Can anyone recommend a good "Under The Shirt" protective vest?

The Latest