Can Millsaps be the same rider?

Edited Date/Time 7/11/2014 2:06pm
At this point it is fair to assume that his next race will either be the MEC or A1.

We know that factory Kawi signed him.

Isn't that kind of risky? He hasn't raced since Vegas 2013. I am surprised they rushed to sign him so quickly when he will be hard pressed to get himself back to where he was with so much time off.
|
wow123
7/10/2014 10:25am
at this point, who knows, probably the guys riding with him and the team management.

been a troubled time for him after such promising results

I'd say he thinks hes got something to prove.

dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
7/10/2014 10:32am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2014 10:33am
yes...as long as he gets what makes him happy/comfortable...and im telling ya...he wanted villos bike!...
Phillips467
7/10/2014 10:37am
Well, put it this way, I will be expecting very little from him next year. I do think he needs to prove himself again, as so much has changed since he was last on top. Rarely do we see a guy return to top form following a lengthy period of inactivity, so it'll be tough for him.

The Shop

dean122
7/10/2014 10:43am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2014 10:44am
With this injury preventing him from racing, I'm curious if he's been getting any seat time. Not being on the bike on a regular basis for 1 1/2 years or even competing is a big risk. Who knows though, nobody has really been able to get some solid info on him.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
7/10/2014 11:29am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2014 11:29am
He'll probably do better than Weimer, but less than RV.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/10/2014 11:39am
I feel he'll be lucky to break into the top 5 next year after taking 1.5 years off and the new guys taking over the top spots.
tbanks
7/10/2014 11:40am
If he can stay healthy then its a definite yes.

However he has proven to be injury prone and honestly has taken some serious blows (kidneys and knees). I have no doubt that he has the speed, but to consistently contend without crashing is very hard to do. Few in this day and age can do it.

Roczen, Dungey, and RV are the only ones lately to do it lately consistently. I put Millsaps in a category with James, Canard, and Reed. When healthy they are always up there....
coolhand
7/10/2014 11:41am
SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to weight 180-185
max with some serious balls out training.
peelout
7/10/2014 11:43am
i honestly don't know... i just don't see him coming out and beating Roczen next year.

hope i'm wrong and he can come back out where he left off
tprice07
7/10/2014 1:01pm
coolhand wrote:
SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to weight 180-185...
SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to weight 180-185
Didn't Millsaps drop down to about that weight? Also, I think he could be top 3 on factory Kawi. I still have yet to see a press release ....
jasonv43
7/10/2014 1:18pm
coolhand wrote:
SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to weight 180-185...
I hope he sticks this on a door somewhere and looks at it every day from now until A1. Dude's legit.
Brent
7/10/2014 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2014 1:47pm
Check out his Strava, Davi is a fucking animal, fitness wise

I've done one of his circuits and I can't believe that guy is human with the climb speed he has.

Answer- IMO hell yes he will come back better than before. He will be up front when he races again. Also if you recall, the last time he raced his leg was shaped like a boomerang. Imagine how good he can be with a semi normal leg?
coolhand
7/10/2014 1:52pm

coolhand wrote: SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to weight 180-185

I hope he sticks this on a door somewhere and looks at it every day from now until A1. Dude's legit.

Jason, just being honest man..I live in the area and have known him and the Tally crew for years.

He HAD the chance to really get in shape with Roger / Ricky and Suzuki..He has natural talent that
is freaky. If he had that and trained at 110 percent he would be unreal. I Not putting the guy down,
it is just not part of his M.O. to train, the game has changed, its cyclic..from MC and FRO to RC and
RV. Hell man I'm a perfect example on the opposite spectrum ...I am a physical freak, train like a world
class athlete, still suck major ass on my bike...but damn its fun

jasonv43
7/10/2014 2:12pm
coolhand wrote:
coolhand wrote: SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to...

coolhand wrote: SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to weight 180-185

Jason, just being honest man..I live in the area and have known him and the Tally crew for years.

He HAD the chance to really get in shape with Roger / Ricky and Suzuki..He has natural talent that
is freaky. If he had that and trained at 110 percent he would be unreal. I Not putting the guy down,
it is just not part of his M.O. to train, the game has changed, its cyclic..from MC and FRO to RC and
RV. Hell man I'm a perfect example on the opposite spectrum ...I am a physical freak, train like a world

I hear ya man. I just hope you are wrong.
kiwifan
7/10/2014 4:24pm
Dart Board wrote:
At this point it is fair to assume that his next race will either be the MEC or A1. We know that factory Kawi signed him...
At this point it is fair to assume that his next race will either be the MEC or A1.

We know that factory Kawi signed him.

Isn't that kind of risky? He hasn't raced since Vegas 2013. I am surprised they rushed to sign him so quickly when he will be hard pressed to get himself back to where he was with so much time off.
"We know that factory Kawi signed him"

Do we? I haven't seen press release around that.
MJC
7/10/2014 4:24pm
This Millsaps situation is pretty odd. Most reports seem to tiptoe around the issue but they all seem to point at his unhappiness with the bike without directly saying so. So is Rockstar pissed off with him? What'd he have, a 2 year deal and only given him 1 out of 4 seasons? I'm sure his recovery time took a while, but I'm assuming they're still paying him to sit on the sidelines? We've all seen other riders come back sooner and for less......
Just an inquisitive mind is all.
zook11
7/10/2014 4:32pm
Seems everyone is assuming Roczen is gonna win the SX title next year, but yeah he can be back in his 2013 form if he stays healthy. He's only 25 or 26 and the Kawi is a good bike.
Crush
7/10/2014 4:45pm
coolhand wrote:
coolhand wrote: SX? .... maybe top 6... Outdoors? no ... its over. He will not train to run this kind of pace Gents, He needs to...

That all sounds fine in theory, except for the fact that you can tell right now, and the last two years he's clearly been in better shape than he has at any point in his career.

You can see he is lighter now, he's mountain biking heaps, he actually looks like an MX athlete should, just bigger... before he looked like a big burly dude.
jasonv43
7/10/2014 4:50pm
coolhand wrote:

Crush wrote:
That all sounds fine in theory, except for the fact that you can tell right now, and the last two years he's clearly been in better...
That all sounds fine in theory, except for the fact that you can tell right now, and the last two years he's clearly been in better shape than he has at any point in his career.

You can see he is lighter now, he's mountain biking heaps, he actually looks like an MX athlete should, just bigger... before he looked like a big burly dude.
Exactly.
Crush
7/10/2014 4:59pm
This is from his Instagram not long ago.

For a big guy, those jeans look they're hanging from his hip bones, and even his arms, in his honda years he looked like he did curls all day.

I think he'll do great again, Davi is a badass, also one of the coolest guys to watch in modern moto!

Crush
7/10/2014 6:40pm
hahaha... Yep. Wish I was that fat.
coolhand
7/11/2014 5:28am
We shall see guys, Hope he kills it....we shall see.
MXPluss
7/11/2014 5:40am
He has the talent and the experience but I don't know. He was off the bike too much time in my opinion. Especially at the level of the sport right now you can't afford be off that much...
I hope he's on for the MC or A1!
frita
7/11/2014 6:13am
Can he? Yes. Will he? Doubtful.

If by same rider you mean winning SX's and leading points ect I don't think so. All the others have been racing and improving while he has been out. I would be very surprised if he won A1 again. Even more surprised than last year.
oshow
7/11/2014 6:52am
peelout wrote:
i honestly don't know... i just don't see him coming out and beating Roczen next year. hope i'm wrong and he can come back out where...
i honestly don't know... i just don't see him coming out and beating Roczen next year.

hope i'm wrong and he can come back out where he left off
I don't see anyone doing that.

Davi will be good.
davistld01
7/11/2014 7:26am
Millsaps will be fine. Top three for sure in 2015...if the Kawasaki rumors are true. I'm a big DM18 fan, but I don't see him beating Roczen.

Post a reply to: Can Millsaps be the same rider?

The Latest