Can Cairoli please shut up?!

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 8/29/2013 8:50am
We all know that Cairoli and Youthstream are close but is it really necessary that Tony C. is a propaganda machine on his own?! This was his opinion after the German GP: "I love this place and I hope we will have more races like this. We need places like that to grow the sport, new big sponsors want facilities like that. Motocross is not like 20 years ago anymore where you put some sticks into a field and have a motocross track."

Yep Cairoli is a great sportsman but as person he is a puppet on Guiseppe's strings and that is not that is pretty painful to see. Ooh let me all remind you that you also said this in a interview with Adam Wheeler:

Maybe our friends from the MXGP Actiongroup can write a blog about riders who are puppets and the riders who aren't.
|
DonM
7/29/2013 8:27am
The crowd at that race was as big a joke as the track...putting tracks in more accessible locals didn't work for the German GP.
Joke track and nobody saw it...
ga_pike
7/29/2013 8:29am
Perhaps someone should educate him on what motocross is. Personally, if they were to find a good hillside, lay out a track, and race, it would be 1 million times better than some pushed up jumps in a flat field. Quite frankly, the thing I used to admire about EMX is what seems to be going away. They always had some of the sweetest, natural terrain tracks. It was a dream to go compete in some of the GP races just for a opportunity to ride on those famed, natural circuits. Tracks like that are nearly gone here in the states. Even Unadilla has seen the days of the grass track gone.

I completely understand the desire to grow the sport, but we already have a SX series if we want a bunch of man made obstacles.

Just my opinion.

The Shop

mmcmx
7/29/2013 8:43am
All in this life is about incentives and he has all the incentives for talking like that. Hes not doing it for free.
Seamorbutts
7/29/2013 8:45am
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
7/29/2013 9:10am
So does this mean Cairoli might be at next years Daytona sx?
abn166
7/29/2013 9:21am
" Motocross is not like 20 years ago anymore where you put some sticks into a field and have a motocross track."

I didn't realize that way back in 1993 the world championships were being raced on tracks built in fields around sticks. I must have a bad memory of the tracks.
jamma10
7/29/2013 9:42am
abn166 wrote:
" Motocross is not like 20 years ago anymore where you put some sticks into a field and have a motocross track." I didn't realize that...
" Motocross is not like 20 years ago anymore where you put some sticks into a field and have a motocross track."

I didn't realize that way back in 1993 the world championships were being raced on tracks built in fields around sticks. I must have a bad memory of the tracks.
Here is a GP from 20 years ago.

Proper Motocross track, far more spectators and it actually has an atmosphere. There were 40 riders on the startline, substantial sponsors, big team trucks, VIP marquees and the fans felt appreciated and not ripped off. Can anyone sit there with a straight face and say (bar PPV internet streaming) the GPs are better now?!

DownSouth
7/29/2013 9:45am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2013 9:55am
That Hawkstone GP video was great.

It had 3 things that yesterdays modern German GP was lacking.
1. A full gate of riders
2. A good sized crowd
3. A beautiful race track.

I have never seen a starting gate like that before. Was that gate style common in the GP's or unique to Hawkstone?

I just watched Jamma's Foxhills 92 video and it looked like the same style gate. All my GP knowledge from that era came from magazines, I never saw much video or a gate like that in action until today. And the 250GP class in 1992 sure was stacked with big name riders.
Xeno
7/29/2013 9:52am
Wait a minute!!!

Bauer is Austrian???

Xeno
7/29/2013 9:55am
Oh yea- Cairoli kicks everybody's ass on any track, so he can say whatever he wants!
7/29/2013 9:59am
The track yesterday didn't look good and I don't believe we need more like that. Even if the view there from AC is one shared by the majority of riders and everyone really enjoyed it for racing - Tony needs to remember that an MX GP isn't "just" about the riders. Attracting fans has a high importance too, and from the pov of most fans here and from the actual race attendance numbers, it would appear that yesterdays track ISN'T what most of us want. Thankfully most GP tracks aren't like that. But if that is indeed the direction they want to go, then we should all be concerned.
kongols
7/29/2013 10:01am
[color=red][size=80]PROPAGANDA[/size][/color]
7/29/2013 10:02am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2013 10:07am
You're telling him to STFU because he's expressing his opinion? He happens to be correct, it might not be what hardcore moto fans want to hear, but that is the only way we will get the sport to grow.
Shawn142
7/29/2013 10:05am
ga_pike wrote:
Perhaps someone should educate him on what motocross is. Personally, if they were to find a good hillside, lay out a track, and race, it would...
Perhaps someone should educate him on what motocross is. Personally, if they were to find a good hillside, lay out a track, and race, it would be 1 million times better than some pushed up jumps in a flat field. Quite frankly, the thing I used to admire about EMX is what seems to be going away. They always had some of the sweetest, natural terrain tracks. It was a dream to go compete in some of the GP races just for a opportunity to ride on those famed, natural circuits. Tracks like that are nearly gone here in the states. Even Unadilla has seen the days of the grass track gone.

I completely understand the desire to grow the sport, but we already have a SX series if we want a bunch of man made obstacles.

Just my opinion.
I understand people being upset by his comments, but some of you guys forget yourselves.. you're going to tell a multi time WORLD CHAMPION what motocross is as if he doesn't know?
kongols
7/29/2013 10:08am
He`s been in favor of all the failed things Luongo has proposed over last two years. Luongo is using him as a megaphone.
BobbyM
7/29/2013 10:09am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2013 10:16am
MXMattii wrote:
We all know that Cairoli and Youthstream are close but is it really necessary that Tony C. is a propaganda machine on his own?! This was...
We all know that Cairoli and Youthstream are close but is it really necessary that Tony C. is a propaganda machine on his own?! This was his opinion after the German GP: "I love this place and I hope we will have more races like this. We need places like that to grow the sport, new big sponsors want facilities like that. Motocross is not like 20 years ago anymore where you put some sticks into a field and have a motocross track."

Yep Cairoli is a great sportsman but as person he is a puppet on Guiseppe's strings and that is not that is pretty painful to see. Ooh let me all remind you that you also said this in a interview with Adam Wheeler:

Maybe our friends from the MXGP Actiongroup can write a blog about riders who are puppets and the riders who aren't.
the sport of mx has grown plenty...too bad it was 30 years ago when world title races used to attract upwards towards a 100 thousand spectators, queens were knighting riders and presidents invited the top racers to the white house. glad it is around but the glory days and the peak of the sport has already pitted, drained the gas tank and loaded up the box van.
jamma10
7/29/2013 10:30am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2013 10:35am
You're telling him to STFU because he's expressing his opinion? He happens to be correct, it might not be what hardcore moto fans want to hear...
You're telling him to STFU because he's expressing his opinion? He happens to be correct, it might not be what hardcore moto fans want to hear, but that is the only way we will get the sport to grow.
Trouble is, Youthstream have been spouting the same rhetoric for at least seven or eight years and in my opinion they have not only reduced growth they've pretty much reversed it.

Both Monyglass which was built on a horse racing circuit in Northern Ireland in 2007 and Donington Park built at a Motor racing circuit in 2008 were supposedly "the future of Motocross", same with Mallory Park and Franciacorta which were also built at Motor racing circuits (I realise you know this but for the sake of people who might not). Despite offering outstanding parking facilities and infrastructural amenities, where are those tracks now?

It costs upwards of £500,000 to build tracks like that and probably around £10,000 to take then down again (as will be the case at Lausitzring). What is the point in spending all that money building those kind of circuits when established fans are put off and they clearly don't attracted new ones?
MXMattii
7/29/2013 10:37am
We also had a cripple Gautier Paulin on this "amazing" track. Those prefabricated motocross tracks like I'm colling it are developing strange not natural and dangerous and bumps and holes.

https://youtu.be/i6e90IQZMHw?rel=0

Also Max Anstie, Davide Guarneri and some others went down HARD!
7/29/2013 10:43am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2013 10:44am
MXMattii wrote:
We all know that Cairoli and Youthstream are close but is it really necessary that Tony C. is a propaganda machine on his own?! This was...

i agree with you, but hand on heart id tell everyone dogshit tastes like ice cream if i was paid enough money too
7/29/2013 10:46am
jamma10 wrote:
Trouble is, Youthstream have been spouting the same rhetoric for at least seven or eight years and in my opinion they have not only reduced growth...
Trouble is, Youthstream have been spouting the same rhetoric for at least seven or eight years and in my opinion they have not only reduced growth they've pretty much reversed it.

Both Monyglass which was built on a horse racing circuit in Northern Ireland in 2007 and Donington Park built at a Motor racing circuit in 2008 were supposedly "the future of Motocross", same with Mallory Park and Franciacorta which were also built at Motor racing circuits (I realise you know this but for the sake of people who might not). Despite offering outstanding parking facilities and infrastructural amenities, where are those tracks now?

It costs upwards of £500,000 to build tracks like that and probably around £10,000 to take then down again (as will be the case at Lausitzring). What is the point in spending all that money building those kind of circuits when established fans are put off and they clearly don't attracted new ones?
I just don't think they've got it right yet. I actually rode the track at Moneyglass and well, it was shit. I believe MX Sports are soon about to set an example on how to do it correctly with Miller Motorsports park. Just because Youthstream have failed doesn't mean Cairoli's statement is wrong.
Seamorbutts
7/29/2013 10:50am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2013 10:50am
MXMattii wrote:
We also had a cripple Gautier Paulin on this "amazing" track. Those prefabricated motocross tracks like I'm colling it are developing strange not natural and dangerous...
We also had a cripple Gautier Paulin on this "amazing" track. Those prefabricated motocross tracks like I'm colling it are developing strange not natural and dangerous and bumps and holes.

https://youtu.be/i6e90IQZMHw?rel=0

Also Max Anstie, Davide Guarneri and some others went down HARD!
Boy, look at those bleachers, they're filled to the rim I tell ya.....Very depressing picture.
brimx153
7/29/2013 10:54am
You're telling him to STFU because he's expressing his opinion? He happens to be correct, it might not be what hardcore moto fans want to hear...
jamma10 wrote:
Trouble is, Youthstream have been spouting the same rhetoric for at least seven or eight years and in my opinion they have not only reduced growth...

and they were all terrible tracks , its such a shame , all the amazing track s around europe in italy and france and spain especially , as well as two of the best foxhill and desart martin , and we get these crap flat track s, motocoss to me is hills , off camber s natuarl track , donington mxdn was deff the worse track i was ever at , provide no lines for passing , and the ruts got so deep we had the best riders in the world with both feet off the pegs just to get through them
MXMattii
7/29/2013 10:55am
jamma10 wrote:

I just don't think they've got it right yet. I actually rode the track at Moneyglass and well, it was shit. I believe MX Sports are...
I just don't think they've got it right yet. I actually rode the track at Moneyglass and well, it was shit. I believe MX Sports are soon about to set an example on how to do it correctly with Miller Motorsports park. Just because Youthstream have failed doesn't mean Cairoli's statement is wrong.
Did MX Sports a good job on Lake Elsinore? Nope the track last year was shit, sorry DC. And the track in Miller Motorsports park will be an over sized SX Track, look at the videos from the place!

https://youtu.be/dMfP8I5H7A8?rel=0
https://youtu.be/SsfUKNjGVwE?rel=0

I don't get it hot, neither cold from this kind of tracks.
jtomasik
7/29/2013 10:55am
Boy, look at those bleachers, they're filled to the rim I tell ya.....Very depressing picture.
No kidding. When I first saw the pic, I was thinking we were watching the beginning of practice. What're they trying to do over there in Europe....kill motocross?
Barrett57
7/29/2013 11:03am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2013 11:03am
It was just a really shit daytona rip off.
7/29/2013 11:08am
MXMattii wrote:
Did MX Sports a good job on Lake Elsinore? Nope the track last year was shit, sorry DC. And the track in Miller Motorsports park will...
Did MX Sports a good job on Lake Elsinore? Nope the track last year was shit, sorry DC. And the track in Miller Motorsports park will be an over sized SX Track, look at the videos from the place!

https://youtu.be/dMfP8I5H7A8?rel=0
https://youtu.be/SsfUKNjGVwE?rel=0

I don't get it hot, neither cold from this kind of tracks.
If you are closed minded and refuse to accept change I can see how this would bother you. We can't keep racing on the same old school tracks forever, nothing wrong with spicing things up a bit. I personally think this will be an awesome race to watch. As long as there is more of the "classic" tracks than these I will be happy, but having this type of facility several times a year is refreshing and will make the series more exciting IMO.

Post a reply to: Can Cairoli please shut up?!

The Latest