Camp Coker Motocross Track?

Edited Date/Time 5/5/2016 9:42am
I see that they held a GNCC race at Camp Coker this past weekend and I have some memories of riding my 50cc's there back in the early 2000's. The place has been void of any type of dirt bike activity for years and it's cool to see some type of race there. I was curious if anybody knows about them possibly reopening the motocross track sometime? I'd love to ride the sand of that place on my 250f.
|
hillbilly
5/5/2016 2:44am
I raced there also 2000 thru 2003 on huskys. Deep loose sand is so much fun.

Hell hole creek in akien SC,home of James Brown (said it right on the sign as you enter town) was same sand and had a huge hill side section.

Good times.
Louie112
5/5/2016 4:37am
The GNCC this past weekend was crazy! The little portion of the motocross track we ran seemed like it would be awesome if it wasn't so sloppy.
jmx411
5/5/2016 6:25am
hillbilly wrote:
I raced there also 2000 thru 2003 on huskys. Deep loose sand is so much fun. Hell hole creek in akien SC,home of James Brown (said...
I raced there also 2000 thru 2003 on huskys. Deep loose sand is so much fun.

Hell hole creek in akien SC,home of James Brown (said it right on the sign as you enter town) was same sand and had a huge hill side section.

Good times.
Hillbilly Hell Hole actually is in my hometown of Batesburg-Leesville. They tried to reopen it in the early 2000s, but then the owner decided to turn it into a pond. Only thing left is the announcers tower and the huge hill. Sad.
5/5/2016 6:35am
Louie112 wrote:
The GNCC this past weekend was crazy! The little portion of the motocross track we ran seemed like it would be awesome if it wasn't so...
The GNCC this past weekend was crazy! The little portion of the motocross track we ran seemed like it would be awesome if it wasn't so sloppy.
Talked to a buddy yesterday who raced on Sunday.. Told me how they tried to delay the race to avoid the rain, but it came down even harder and they raced em anyways. Said his new(ish) YZ250 with 10 hours on his now has literally zero shiney plastics and he wore his front brakes down to the metal haha. Sounded like racing in a media blast cabinet!

I moved to Charlotte right the end of the Coker/Sand Hills glory days.. but I know those tracks hold a special place in many regional riders hearts

The Shop

Louie112
5/5/2016 9:42am
Talked to a buddy yesterday who raced on Sunday.. Told me how they tried to delay the race to avoid the rain, but it came down...
Talked to a buddy yesterday who raced on Sunday.. Told me how they tried to delay the race to avoid the rain, but it came down even harder and they raced em anyways. Said his new(ish) YZ250 with 10 hours on his now has literally zero shiney plastics and he wore his front brakes down to the metal haha. Sounded like racing in a media blast cabinet!

I moved to Charlotte right the end of the Coker/Sand Hills glory days.. but I know those tracks hold a special place in many regional riders hearts
It was wild! The morning race was delayed by 30-40 minutes and it started pouring around 20 minutes in. I was running roll offs and had to ditch my goggles around 3-4 miles in. Had a great time playing in the mud but definitely not easy on the bikes!

Post a reply to: Camp Coker Motocross Track?

The Latest