Cameron Stone releases Statement on Reed issue...

JoJmoto
Edited Date/Time 12/25/2015 9:05pm
Alright so here's what happened as of Thursday night. I get a text from Matt walker saying that chad wants to ride my bike and I send them a picture of it and he says Reed is pumped on it and ask if I can bring it Saturday morning before 9 and I said yeah no problem. 30 minutes later I get a text from Matt again saying we have a problem chad wants it Friday morning and I said idk that's missing a day of work and paying for a motel.

So AMA offers me 250 dollars to bring it to cover my expenses then Matt offered me an extra 50 to make it 300 and I was fine with that once my boss said everything was good. Matt also said I could get 2 vip passes. So I get there Friday and no one on two two motorsports even knows I'm bringing the bike. Might I add the everyone that worked for chad was super cool and nice. I drop the bike off then I get a text from Matt and ask if I dropped it off and I said yeah. After that I tried calling Matt and then started getting my calls ignored and never heard from that guy again the whole weekend which I thought was funny since he said he was gonna pay me an extra 50 but I wasn't sweating it.

So I go up to will call to get my passes and what do u know there is only one pass there. I have to find someone from AMA and explain to them that I need more passes and why would I just want one pass to walk around all by myself. So I finally convince them to give me another pass. Might I add the AMA guy Nate was also nice and helped me out a lot. Skipping over to Saturday morning the first place I go is of course chads trailer and talk with the guys and everything and I ask hey can I meet chad sometime today. I just want to shake his hand and say hey I don't want to waste his time cuz I know he is busy and they were like yeah hold on let me let him know ur here. So I see them go tell him and he never even looks over my way and I wait there for a good 25 minutes so I leave and figure hey I'll see what else is going on. So throughout the day I stop by and hang out and still nothing from Reed. Then I come back when I know he has a big break and wait there for over a hour and I still got no hello or thanks or anything. At this point one of the mechanics comes over and ask hey chad was wondering if u are interested in selling the bike and I laugh and say I'd thought he actually might say that but chad still never came over. So now it's about time to go up to watch the night show so I get up and get a seat.

I go in watchin the night show and I'm pumped for my bike being out in the show and also pumped for Reed that he won his heat. Then the main comes and he crashes and I was a little bummed for him but of course after that I go back down to his rig and what do u know chad is in the trailer again and I asked the mechanic so do I need to get the bike out of the way or what? and he was like yeah u can take it. So I get my bike and hang around the pits sitting with my bike for about 30 minutes then I ask the mechanic hey could I get his gear so I can donate it to st Jude and he was cool with that and went and got it for me but still no chad anywhere. Right before I leave I ask the mechanic hey chad said something about buying my bike right? He said yeah we aren't asking him anything about that now he is mad about the main. So I left finally with no thank you with not a single word said from chad to me.

So I get multiple people afterwards tell me hey donate the whole bike to st Jude and I thought it was a great idea and they told them I have to get my money back for the bike but I'm willing to donate the rest. So I put the bike on eBay then the next day I get a text from Matt walker. (This guy is still alive). So he says chad is bummed on me putting that bike on eBay and using his name. I said hey man I'm donating money to st Jude. And he said idk some people don't like their stuff online like that and that I should take it off and sell it somewhere else. Right after that I get a call from a guy that works for chad. He said hey chad doesn't like that stuff on eBay using his name and I said hey I'm donating the money to st Jude and I have on there that this is not chad reeds bike just the bike that he rode for opening ceremonies. By the end of me talking to me he said that he thought what I was doing was good and that he just worked for Reed and had to make these calls.

At first I said I would take it down so he wouldn't be mad till I got to thinking that I'm doing absolutely nothing wrong here and that chad should be pumped that I'm donating the money. I even told the guy I would give chad Reed all the credit for the money it brought. Everything seemed fine by the end of the call and the guy said chad was not happy but was over it pretty much.

Then today I get a call from the same guy saying that chad wanted to take legal action possibly and the guy even told me that I wasn't doing anything wrong and they couldn't make me take it off. (Not sure if I'm throwing this guy under the bus since he works for chad but seemed to be more on my side lol) so I tell him no this is ridiculous and I'm not taking it off I'm just trying to do the right thing and I said chad should not have this big of a problem with raising money for sick kids. Not long after that I get someone telling me hey look at instagram and that's when Reed posted that status and bam then all the death threats come my way haha. Over all chads whole team was super nice and and so was AMA but not so much chad himself. I'm really not sure what the problem is with donating money to a charity or if he is just wanting money from it for himself or something. Either way this whole thing is ridiculous and I don't see a problem with what I'm doing and if u don't like it guess what I DONT CARE!!!
|
bobby397
3/4/2015 5:24pm
Stone is full of shit, he has said so many different stories.....
JW381
3/4/2015 5:24pm
If his actual intention was to donate it, then I agree with him whole heartedly.
1stSSPZ
3/4/2015 5:25pm
This does not surprise me one bit...good job Bro!

The Shop

bents
Fantasy
710th
3/4/2015 5:28pm
Sounds pretty douchey on Reed's part. And Matt's too. Also sounds like a lot of hassle to get Team 22 a 2 stroke for opening ceremonies, and you more than did your part. You would think they would be a little more organized and a little more appreciative of your efforts and that they should have done what they said they were going to with the passes and the cash.

Good luck with your plans to sell the bike and donate part of the proceeds to charity.
3/4/2015 5:30pm
Sounds like he was pretty ungrateful for the favor you just did him. Sounds like he was acting like a premadonna. I think they were trying to scare you as they cant do anything legal. You own that bike and he did ride it and have proof so you have a right to state the truth in your advert. Did you ever get the $50 from Matt Walker?
JW381
3/4/2015 5:30pm
I retract my statement then, guy seems like he's getting a big head via proximity

In the end, if I was Reed, I still wouldn't really give a fuck. Just makes him look like a baby.
3/4/2015 5:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 5:40pm
I'd just be stoked that Reedy used it and also fitted a new graphics kit.

No way I'd sell it. She'd be going straight to the pool room!!

https://youtu.be/MBXHTvgN5ko

BTW. A favour is something you do when you're not expecting or asking for anything in return. If you're expecting something out of it. It's not a favour.
RY4N37
3/4/2015 5:38pm
Not sure what to make of this. If this whole story is true then it's really disappointing. Reed has always been one of my idols and if he acted like that then it sucks massively
Hut
3/4/2015 5:42pm
RY4N37 wrote:
Not sure what to make of this. If this whole story is true then it's really disappointing. Reed has always been one of my idols and...
Not sure what to make of this. If this whole story is true then it's really disappointing. Reed has always been one of my idols and if he acted like that then it sucks massively
He is not one of my idols but I agree with your sentiment
Team Ideal
3/4/2015 5:50pm
there are definitely parts of Cameron's story I do believe, a lot of it actually, but you know what they say. there's two sides to every story and the truth is usually somewhere in between. either way it's to bad it's came down to this and now Cameron's got the hassle of dealing with the ebay nonsense and Chad's got a bunch of Vitards giving him shit
Flex
3/4/2015 5:51pm
This is the 4th story from Cameron that I have heard..
3/4/2015 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 5:52pm
RY4N37 wrote:
Not sure what to make of this. If this whole story is true then it's really disappointing. Reed has always been one of my idols and...
Hut wrote:
He is not one of my idols but I agree with your sentiment
The blokes having a biatch about not getting to chat to Reed etc whilst his bike is listed on Flea-By for 8K. How much ya think it would have been worth 2 weeks ago Wink .

And Ironically, he thinks Reed is unappreciative LaughingLaughingLaughing
Flex
3/4/2015 5:52pm
On Facebook he kept telling guys he will do a straight trade with a Demo Bike and that he really wants to trade both for a Demo bike.

This Charity thing is BS on his part and is trying to make him sound better and put Chad under the bus.
AS64
Fantasy
2156th
3/4/2015 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 5:53pm
"Donate the money to charity."

"Trade it in for a demo 450."
Hut
3/4/2015 5:53pm
What was the instagram thing all about?
3/4/2015 5:53pm
Flex wrote:
On Facebook he kept telling guys he will do a straight trade with a Demo Bike and that he really wants to trade both for a...
On Facebook he kept telling guys he will do a straight trade with a Demo Bike and that he really wants to trade both for a Demo bike.

This Charity thing is BS on his part and is trying to make him sound better and put Chad under the bus.
Ya think Tongue
mx965
3/4/2015 5:54pm

Aint $8k no more bud
bobby397
3/4/2015 5:55pm
Flex wrote:
On Facebook he kept telling guys he will do a straight trade with a Demo Bike and that he really wants to trade both for a...

This
bobby397
3/4/2015 5:56pm
mx965 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/03/04/82489/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Aint $8k no more bud

Aint $8k no more bud
Won't ever be paid for, people run things like this up all the time and never pay up
Grieby54
3/4/2015 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 5:57pm
Crush? Where are you buddy? Chad needs you about now.
3/4/2015 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 5:57pm
mx965 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/03/04/82489/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Aint $8k no more bud

Aint $8k no more bud
They couldn't be serious bids Huh .

If they are I'd be demanding the spokey dokes came with the bike Laughing
mx965
3/4/2015 5:58pm
I thought the same thing but idk there could be that one rich fan out there...doesnt it ruin your credit if you dont pay as well? Jw
yak651
Fantasy
214th
3/4/2015 6:00pm
I was just kidding in the thread that disappeared that reed should sue, and then see this and the mention him threatening to sue. That guy sure likes lawyers....

Post a reply to: Cameron Stone releases Statement on Reed issue...

The Latest