California MX holidays

8/25/2015 12:37am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2015 11:00pm
Guys

Looking at coming over stateside from Aus to watch sx in 2017. My plan is to come over and watch A1 and do a ride holiday. There appears to be a lot of different companies doing it, any ones that stand out more then the others?

Are most retail places in USA similar prices to btosports/RMATV for buying gear, as I'd probably bring my own braces and buy a new helmet and boots then post them back after.

Anything else I should try plan ?
|
RG1
8/25/2015 12:45am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2015 12:47am
Guys Looking at coming over stateside from Aus to watch sx in 2017. My plan is to come over and watch A1 and do a ride...
Guys

Looking at coming over stateside from Aus to watch sx in 2017. My plan is to come over and watch A1 and do a ride holiday. There appears to be a lot of different companies doing it, any ones that stand out more then the others?

Are most retail places in USA similar prices to btosports/RMATV for buying gear, as I'd probably bring my own braces and buy a new helmet and boots then post them back after.

Anything else I should try plan ?
I went to Cali for 2 weeks in Jan for A1 with California Motocross Holidays and it was fantastic. Great accommodation in Menifee, always something to do and trips out. The thing that stands out the most and puts them ahead of the others in my opinion is how well maintained and looked after the bikes are. They are all in great condition and they do everything for you. I would definitely reccommend those guys

Edit: If you're looking to by gear and stuff too, CMH have a great discount at a lot of retailers
DL
8/25/2015 1:07am
http://racesocal.com has the best bikes and accommodations IMHO
tek14
8/25/2015 1:33am
This is what i did use: http://www.jpvracing.fi/index.php/en/
They are working together with Race SoCal from now on.
They will take you to shops like Lansgton Motorsport and others also with some discount from MX gear.

Jimfunn
8/25/2015 1:36am
Me & and a mate (and our birds) are heading out in October for 2 weeks to watch Monster cup. Been thinking about trying to squeeze a day riding in somewhere.
What would be everyone's choice of tracks to hit in one day, thinking Perris looks good as does Cahuilla Creek?

The Shop

8/25/2015 2:12am
We rode with CMH a few years ago and they were a great fella's, I believe they've moved house now but I'm sure it will still be as good if not better.

The first time we went over was with mxvacations. Dave who runs it is ace and he can also offer riding in the desert and wilderness, I think near Bear mountain, that was the highlight of that particular trip because its not something you get to do every weekend. Cahuilla Creek was my favourite track to ride followed by Glen Helen.
8/25/2015 6:10pm
How technical are the tracks in CA? Nothing to be to scared at? What sort of prices would you expect pay for A1 tickets?
moscrop940
8/25/2015 7:23pm
How technical are the tracks in CA? Nothing to be to scared at? What sort of prices would you expect pay for A1 tickets?
20-25 bucks if you don't need to be a member. Perris and milestone both require 50 or 60 upfront if you don't have a membership.

And tickets for A1, just get club level. There between 100 and 150 a piece but dude if your traveling over halfway around the world don't get the cheap seats. Better group of people too...not a lot of riff raff
8/25/2015 8:11pm
Ride California has the best bikes and accommodation in the business, no one else is close.
Race SoCal runs the same worn out bikes for 2 seasons and has a bad rep for their party house in Menifee and California motocross holidays has badly maintained bikes with free labor looking after them the same as Race Socal.

Ride California runs new bikes every season with a great team of employees looking after them and the customers. Ride California has had customers from both of the other mentioned company's that have only realized how bad they have had it with the other companies after they have experienced how it should really be done.

I know all of this because I work at Ride California and have no problem telling it like it really is.

Check out www.ride-California.com if you want to ride a bike at least as good as yours at home and stay in the nicest accommodation you could ask for.

8/25/2015 8:29pm

This photo was taken the last day of our season in 2014. We carry all brands of bikes.

Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/25/2015 9:20pm
I can't forward an opinion about the riding clubs, but for tracks I love Cahuilla Creek and Pala Raceway. Both tracks have a few options for riders; a main track with bigger, gnarlier jumps (Pala more so than Cahuilla,) and a vet/novice track with mellower options. I also like Glen Helen because it's the real deal; a national-caliber track with lots of heritage.
Keep in mind that January is our "rainy" season and this year is supposed to be a very rainy one. (Don't know about 2017, though.) You may want to consider freeriding in Ocotillo Wells - it's much drier there and there is enough terrain to ride all day and never see it all.
T-MAC
8/25/2015 11:00pm
Jimfunn wrote:
Me & and a mate (and our birds) are heading out in October for 2 weeks to watch Monster cup. Been thinking about trying to squeeze...
Me & and a mate (and our birds) are heading out in October for 2 weeks to watch Monster cup. Been thinking about trying to squeeze a day riding in somewhere.
What would be everyone's choice of tracks to hit in one day, thinking Perris looks good as does Cahuilla Creek?
The new layout at Perris is very fun. It's safe and flows well. Cahuilla is also a fun track with some decent elevation. Glen Helen when prepped well tops them all.

Post a reply to: California MX holidays

The Latest