Calgary

Talan_Hansen
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2016 9:35pm
Never really post here but always on the site, competing in 4 rounds of the CMRC nationals in Mx 2. Anyone ever been to Calgary? Excited to get there this weekend looks like a cool track! Also here's a little video from today
|
Motoxdoc
6/12/2016 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2016 10:09pm
Looking good! Have fun and take lots of pics!....of people you meet and things you might never see again. I did a few AMA nationals in the early 80's and most of the memories are in my head only...and slowly fading....wish I took more pics!

Talan Hansen...328? I'll look for you on the stream next weekend!
Talan_Hansen
6/13/2016 5:52am
Motoxdoc wrote:
Looking good! Have fun and take lots of pics!....of people you meet and things you might never see again. I did a few AMA nationals in...
Looking good! Have fun and take lots of pics!....of people you meet and things you might never see again. I did a few AMA nationals in the early 80's and most of the memories are in my head only...and slowly fading....wish I took more pics!

Talan Hansen...328? I'll look for you on the stream next weekend!
Thanks! Yeah I'll have to take photos for sure! That's all I did when I went to Vegas for ax and sx with the k1 team. See a lot of cool. Stuff on the road! And yes 328 and that's my name. Not sure where I'll stand against everyone but I'll be happy to just make it haha
r.sal923
6/13/2016 6:34am
Never really post here but always on the site, competing in 4 rounds of the CMRC nationals in Mx 2. Anyone ever been to Calgary? Excited...
Never really post here but always on the site, competing in 4 rounds of the CMRC nationals in Mx 2. Anyone ever been to Calgary? Excited to get there this weekend looks like a cool track! Also here's a little video from today
Lived there for 12 years and rode track 3 days a week . People are great, track is great. Dirt is hard pack clay top soil. Mx 52 rear mx 32 front. They water it for a week straight before the national . It is a hp robber in the morning with the soft soil and turns into a hard pack after the sun and wind hits it. very deep ruts for 1st moto.

The Shop

Talan_Hansen
6/13/2016 8:23am
Never really post here but always on the site, competing in 4 rounds of the CMRC nationals in Mx 2. Anyone ever been to Calgary? Excited...
r.sal923 wrote:
Lived there for 12 years and rode track 3 days a week . People are great, track is great. Dirt is hard pack clay top soil...
Lived there for 12 years and rode track 3 days a week . People are great, track is great. Dirt is hard pack clay top soil. Mx 52 rear mx 32 front. They water it for a week straight before the national . It is a hp robber in the morning with the soft soil and turns into a hard pack after the sun and wind hits it. very deep ruts for 1st moto.
Sounds like a fun track! Thanks for the inside scoop!
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
6/13/2016 8:38am
Talan, I will be there representing CFMoto and Precision Cycle. Be sure to drop by if you get the chance between motos!
Talan_Hansen
6/13/2016 9:57am
bh84 wrote:
Talan, I will be there representing CFMoto and Precision Cycle. Be sure to drop by if you get the chance between motos!
Will do sir!
scooter5002
6/13/2016 10:19am
Rode there yesterday, first time in 15 years. Not sure how much moisture the track retains during the day, but if it dries out, Carlsbad has nothing on that place. Absolute blue groove, so maybe have the appropriate tires, just in case.
Talan_Hansen
6/13/2016 10:54am
Rode there yesterday, first time in 15 years. Not sure how much moisture the track retains during the day, but if it dries out, Carlsbad has...
Rode there yesterday, first time in 15 years. Not sure how much moisture the track retains during the day, but if it dries out, Carlsbad has nothing on that place. Absolute blue groove, so maybe have the appropriate tires, just in case.
I was planning on bringing some Mx 71's and some 52 and 32's incase. Appreciate all the feedback from everyone
rt987
6/13/2016 11:05am
Talan, my Dad and I plan to be there and I will try to find you to say hi. We look like two overdressed farmers cause the last two years there were about 10ºc

Will watch for you on track also!
adam8781
6/13/2016 11:30am
wildrose mx aka blackfoot aka calgary is an hour from my house, that track is a lot of fun to ride. and it will be prime conditions for the national with prep etc.

Im hoping to make the drive down and watch how the big boys do it
Talan_Hansen
6/13/2016 11:46am
rt987 wrote:
Talan, my Dad and I plan to be there and I will try to find you to say hi. We look like two overdressed farmers cause...
Talan, my Dad and I plan to be there and I will try to find you to say hi. We look like two overdressed farmers cause the last two years there were about 10ºc

Will watch for you on track also!
Sounds good! Haha
Prairieboy43
6/13/2016 11:52am
Born There. Cowboy Country. Bring your Shit Kickers. Woohoo In the 80's Hannah & Hollywood "holly" would head up to Cow town to take on the cowboys. American's would typically kick Canucks ass. However Rollerball would give them a run for the money, along with a Gordie Howe elbow in the corners. EvilEvil
Cool blue groove track in the Middle of the city. Where else in North America do they have a track in the middle of city with population 1 Million??Laughing
6/13/2016 6:50pm
Have you ridden Gopher before?
I grew up 20 minutes from there, and I LOVE that track... Expect a possibly very hot, humid day with a very deep, rough track.
I've moved to the east coast this year, we had a race at a "sand" track out here... Not much compares to that tobacco country soil.
Talan_Hansen
6/13/2016 8:08pm
Have you ridden Gopher before? I grew up 20 minutes from there, and I LOVE that track... Expect a possibly very hot, humid day with a...
Have you ridden Gopher before?
I grew up 20 minutes from there, and I LOVE that track... Expect a possibly very hot, humid day with a very deep, rough track.
I've moved to the east coast this year, we had a race at a "sand" track out here... Not much compares to that tobacco country soil.
Never ridden gopher but I do ride sand all the time. It looks really nasty and it'll be a tough one for sure!

Post a reply to: Calgary

The Latest