Cairoli's view on RV to GP's

Crush
10/1/2014 4:41pm
Does Cairoli ride a 450 next year? Whistling
Doubt it. He rode it once last year and was pretty firm about it not being the bike for him, and if there was ever a time they don't want that marketing nightmare it'd be now.
cz2crf2wc
10/1/2014 5:04pm
How much is it to buy the live stream for a season ?
gharmon
10/1/2014 5:05pm
cz2crf2wc wrote:
How much is it to buy the live stream for a season ?
I don't know but I'll be purchasing it regardless. Only thing is some of those mornings will be coming awful early for some of us.

The Shop

GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
10/1/2014 5:49pm
BobbyM wrote:
I'm no Cary Grant but that boy needs to get his choppers fixed up.

No offense...

jeffro503 wrote:
Well.....they seem to be fine for landing something as God damn beautiful as this! [img]http://motosprint.corrieredellosport.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Cairoli.jpg[/img] [img]http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216549_10150235092874740_5491973_n.jpg[/img] I'd say he's doing alright haha.
Well.....they seem to be fine for landing something as God damn beautiful as this!

I'd say he's doing alright haha.
If he didn't have the fame & fortune though, one could speculate haha. Doesn't seem to matter how ugly a guy is, A-list athletes always get the hot bitches.

You know a top notch racer chaser girl like that cost money Dizzy
Crush
10/1/2014 5:54pm
Jill is ridiculously hot!
10/1/2014 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 6:12pm
Tony's spent some money on a good orthodontist. Good on him.
I get sick of all the comments about AC's teeth. I don't know a lot about him. From what I have read he came from a not so wealthy family, so dental would probably be last on the list when having a phenom up and coming racer.

That being said people insulting his teeth are as lame as "yo momma" insults.

Fred Boss - Not necessary directed at you. I understand your comment wasn't insulting.

Two posts about his teeth in this thread alone.....
JB 19
10/1/2014 6:10pm
kongols wrote:
This single move could save Luongo`s ass. He got lucky.
O___o wrote:
Luck is opportunity meeting preparation... what I mean by that, is Luongo probably had something to do with it, in a back-alley, cash in a briefcase...
Luck is opportunity meeting preparation... what I mean by that, is Luongo probably had something to do with it, in a back-alley, cash in a briefcase sort of way. Timing like this doesn't just "happen". We will never know the truth behind that though. Can you imagine if the other teams found out that Luongo fronted 50% of RV's salary or something like that? Holy crap that would blow the top off the MX world.
Id say he is already doing it to Cairoli and Herlings.
Katoomey
10/1/2014 6:14pm
kongols wrote:
you bastard Kongols...always bringing up good points.

I've been so excited for RV to race the GP's I forgot how much I hate the GP's (Luongo's GP's that is). I've been waiting for his reign to implode but I think you may be right. damn.....
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/1/2014 6:54pm
You assholes better hop Ac doesn't go and smoke RV...and believe me it's a possibility.
How motivated will this make all the top gp guys to take it to RV? It's not going to be easy that's for sure.
Jack mehoff
10/1/2014 6:55pm
Gringoe wrote:
I'm just sayin.... If there was a few more America 450 badasses go over and it's a solid depth... The gps Could surpass usa in terms...
I'm just sayin.... If there was a few more America 450 badasses go over and it's a solid depth... The gps
Could surpass usa in terms of competition in 450 class.
If Rv loads YS bank , you would be a fool to not think longo would not be over here next year cherry picking the top talent , and he might not have a hard time selling it , with all the press RV is getting . U S MX is ripe for the Pickens .
TDeath21
10/1/2014 7:15pm
I can not wait for February 28.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
10/1/2014 7:36pm
Meh, start money has been paid to top riders for decades now. The check will just have more digits to the left of the decimal point...
Meh, start money has been paid to top riders for decades now. The check will just have more digits to the left of the decimal point today than it did years ago. From Luongo's standpoint, it's a logical business investment and likely a tax deductible one at that. IE- I'm toying with the idea of getting the year long GP online package and can't be the only one that has gone from having minor interest in the GP's to quite a bit. Every GP sponsor has to be salivating and anyone who's contract is up for 2015 should expect a larger fee in order to advertise with them.
Exactly. It can come from his marketing budget.
bsharkey
10/1/2014 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 7:42pm
Does Cairoli ride a 450 next year? Whistling
Crush wrote:
Doubt it. He rode it once last year and was pretty firm about it not being the bike for him, and if there was ever a...
Doubt it. He rode it once last year and was pretty firm about it not being the bike for him, and if there was ever a time they don't want that marketing nightmare it'd be now.
they changed the 350 quite a bit over the last few years. most of the bike tests show it making the same hp as a honda
steve_97060
10/1/2014 7:47pm
You assholes better hop Ac doesn't go and smoke RV...and believe me it's a possibility.
of course we believe you, you're a fucking expert on everything...
10/1/2014 9:23pm
I dont understand how you can not like AC, that guy is all class. I wish the GP rider RV was going to race was someone I could root against, but I just cant root against AC.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
10/1/2014 9:38pm
I think Cairoli needs to retire now because when RV hits the GPs all doubt and "what ifs " will be removed. Blush
10/1/2014 9:39pm
I dont understand how you can not like AC, that guy is all class. I wish the GP rider RV was going to race was someone...
I dont understand how you can not like AC, that guy is all class. I wish the GP rider RV was going to race was someone I could root against, but I just cant root against AC.
This. AC is the most likable guy in motocross. He's never bragged about winning, he's never said anything bad about his competition, and he's been a class act all the way. Rooting for AC just as much as RV!
TDeath21
10/1/2014 9:46pm
These guys are going to push each other to new levels. Paulin, Desalle, Strijbos, Nagl, etc are amazing riders who will be battling for 3rd every week. These two are that much better than everyone else at the moment.
Trent179
10/1/2014 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 9:51pm
I think RV's first few races might be kind of a schooling by the top regulars. Once he learns the faster tracks and longer sweeping corners the GPs have I think he could go back to winning by a gap. Lommel excluded though, I will be super impressed if he figures that track out on the first try! RV winning the GPs in his first year boils down to how bad he wants it. I hope he is going to give it a 110% like he does here in the states! My fear is that he is going there to just ride out his contract and not really caring if he walks away with the title. If that kid truly wants something, he finds a way to get it! I hope he wants it! Go RV! Ballsy move also! Mad respect for the young man.
JB479
10/1/2014 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2014 9:55pm
I dont understand how you can not like AC, that guy is all class. I wish the GP rider RV was going to race was someone...
This. AC is the most likable guy in motocross. He's never bragged about winning, he's never said anything bad about his competition, and he's been a...
This. AC is the most likable guy in motocross. He's never bragged about winning, he's never said anything bad about his competition, and he's been a class act all the way. Rooting for AC just as much as RV!
I agree. Only thing i didn't like about him was earlier in his 250 career i remember him cutting across riders off the start. I specially remember one time at MXON, either 06 or 07. I don't know whether it was on purpose or not. Besides that AC222 is a very good dude.
flamenco
10/1/2014 10:18pm
kongols wrote:
O___o wrote:
Luck is opportunity meeting preparation... what I mean by that, is Luongo probably had something to do with it, in a back-alley, cash in a briefcase...
Luck is opportunity meeting preparation... what I mean by that, is Luongo probably had something to do with it, in a back-alley, cash in a briefcase sort of way. Timing like this doesn't just "happen". We will never know the truth behind that though. Can you imagine if the other teams found out that Luongo fronted 50% of RV's salary or something like that? Holy crap that would blow the top off the MX world.
What has to be back alley about using money to get talent in your series? He should have done this in 04 or whenever it was...
What has to be back alley about using money to get talent in your series? He should have done this in 04 or whenever it was Stew was going into his newest contract with Kawi after coming off the small bikes.

Love or hate them, YS is the only series positioned to buy talent away from SX. Bringing talent into your series is the essence of promoting; it's probably the single biggest thing YS can do to boost the series prestige in the general public.

And in fact it does boost the series' prestige. I can't say, as I have for many years, that the Nationals here are better for guys like Roczen coming here and not say that it's not a solid accomplishment by YS to get RV over, however they managed it and however much RV may or may not gave wanted to go but for his contractual entanglements.
Love the GPs. Love Tony Cairoli's graciousness and competitiveness, which I think will both be on display this coming season. IMStupidO: I actually thought this year's MXoN (it pains me to put the 'o') actually leaned the AMA way, given a few factors which I won't get into for reasons of brevity. I would be surprised if the ferocity of a healthy and motivated Villopoto (Tomac gave the sense of f*all corner speed -- not jumping -- the AMA is capable of for the top 4/5) doesn't earn a few Holy F moments. Whether that translates to championship or not depends on many factors in and out of Ryan and crew's control (bike, health, motivation, adaptation, etc).

I am a bit surprised at the unstated, but implied, machinations of the contract: that is to say, that Ryan had one year remaining on his U.S. contract, but chose to leverage that into a deal in Europe (knee? not?) I would rather have heard that Ryan fulfilled his contract here and decided to opt for a new challenge in Europe. My hesitation is based on nothing other than some Vital posts (including Uncleof2's unfortunately|), so I may well be off in my hesitations. Indeed, I hope that Ryan has a healthy knee, a self-motivation to equal Aldon's discipline (whatever keeps the uberfit and motivated part.) ... I am pulling for Ryan, as I have done since his signed mini-O poster hung on the wall of my motorcycle shop in 2002-3. I am pulling for a great, balls-out, gentleman's agreement, fair, fast-fest, hair-raising season, with all healthy and a definite winner.
10/1/2014 10:28pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I think Cairoli needs to retire now because when RV hits the GPs all doubt and "what ifs " will be removed. Blush
Will see buddy
will see
Wink
Brent
10/1/2014 10:57pm
MXA says he got the money up front, and it is double his normal salary. Wouldn't that put him in the 12 to 14 million range?

UP FRONT?

Jesus...
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
10/1/2014 11:23pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Will see buddy
will see
Wink
I think Cairoli should stick it to everyone and race in the US this year.Grinning

Post a reply to: Cairoli's view on RV to GP's

The Latest