Cairoli hand injury.

sende
Fantasy
4429th
4/28/2015 4:13am
Dunno.. So many things can happen that I wouldn't count RV out of the championship chase just yet.
IWreckALot
4/28/2015 4:42am
Here is the article.

On a circuit that is normally his best and where he has won five GP’s in a row it turned out to be a hard weekend for Tony Cairoli in Valkenswaard. The World Champion had a good qualifying race on Saturday and he managed to finish the race in second place. In the first moto the KTM Red Bull Factory Racing Team rider started fourth and pushed to became second in two laps.

Unfortunately, during the fourth lap, he hit a stone and he lost the control of the bike, crashing hard and bending the handlebar and one radiator and he was forced to DNF because of that. In the second race Tony started eleventh and gained few position before loosing the feeling with the left arm.

Unable to have a good rhythm he managed to finish the race with his KTM 350SX-F in seventh position, scoring fourteen points. At the end of the race Cairoli went to the medical center to make an x-ray that showed a little fracture in his left hand, he should be recovered for the next round in Spain in two weeks.

Antonio Cairoli: “It was a bad day here in Valkenswaard, I had a big crash during my first moto and I suffered a small fracture in my left hand. In second moto I just managed to finish the race and survive till the end, scoring some points important for the Championship, with no feeling in my fingers. It’s a shame because I like this track where I won the last five editions in a row. Now I have to rest some days to heal the hand, lucky next Grand Prix is in Spain in two weeks.”

http://www.mxlarge.com/2015/04/27/cairoli-hand-injury/
FB
4/28/2015 4:43am
What? No, I hadn't heard that. (©)
Fraser
4/28/2015 5:39am
As Stefan Everts said, you win the championship on your worst day of the year, not your best. I wonder how important getting those 14 points with a fractured hand will prove at the end of the season... I wonder if RV should have cruised around for some points.

The Shop

Crush
4/28/2015 6:10am
Fraser wrote:
As Stefan Everts said, you win the championship on your worst day of the year, not your best. I wonder how important getting those 14 points...
As Stefan Everts said, you win the championship on your worst day of the year, not your best. I wonder how important getting those 14 points with a fractured hand will prove at the end of the season... I wonder if RV should have cruised around for some points.
Thought the same, tho a busted ass that's had a week of swelling would be worse to deal with than a small fracture when you're warmed up already...

This championship is still really open, and the way Gautier rode signalled he's good to go, it was getting worrysome, he hadn't shown anything till this week really. Given Clement and Max's past inconsistencies, who knows what could happen.

I'm definitely enjoying see all the track differences tho, especially with all the competition. Not paying quite as much attention to MX2.
Ing
4/28/2015 6:43am
Fraser wrote:
As Stefan Everts said, you win the championship on your worst day of the year, not your best. I wonder how important getting those 14 points...
Hello? Two different injuries and I'm sure RV would have if he could have.
RandyS
4/28/2015 8:34am
Fraser wrote:
That may be the stupidest thing I've read in quite a while, RV checked out of the hospital to race SX, and won the title.

Post a reply to: Cairoli hand injury.

The Latest