Cairoli and SX?

burnside
10/4/2010 2:23am
I know SX isn't his thing, but AC is a step above some of the recent imports (Searle + Rattary), I think he will do better than some people expect, remember Pourel's SX debut? Different class I know, but think AC is more in his kind of league...

Good for him though, thats awesome he's putting himself out there. Sure will make the SX season more interesting.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/4/2010 5:14am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 6:20am
burnside wrote:
I know SX isn't his thing, but AC is a step above some of the recent imports (Searle + Rattary), I think he will do better...
I know SX isn't his thing, but AC is a step above some of the recent imports (Searle + Rattary), I think he will do better than some people expect, remember Pourel's SX debut? Different class I know, but think AC is more in his kind of league...

Good for him though, thats awesome he's putting himself out there. Sure will make the SX season more interesting.
I agree,CP did great when he came over here and I think Tony will do just fine.

I'm sure he is just coming here to get his feet wet.

One would think his goals will be to make the mains and finish them,while keeping it on 2 wheels. Smile Anything after that is just a bonus. Wink

I think he will be top 10.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
10/4/2010 5:43am
burnside wrote:
I know SX isn't his thing, but AC is a step above some of the recent imports (Searle + Rattary), I think he will do better...

FastEddy wrote:
I agree,CP did great when he came over here and I think Tony will do just fine. I'm sure he is just coming here to get...

One would think his goals will be to make the mains and finish them,while keeping it on 2 wheels. Smile Anything after that is just a bonus. Wink

You can't compare Pourcel to Cairoli, the French are trained at a young age to ride supercross through thier federation. Most young frenchys who would struggle at the GP level could come make a 250 main.

Pourcel would absolutly smoke Cairoli at sx.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
10/4/2010 5:56am
Dungey, Reed, Stewart, Villopoto, Pourcel, Canard, Tedesco, Millsaps, Short, Grant. There's 10 guys who should be "top 5". Plus quite a few others like Brayton, Metcalfe, Weimer, Hill (if he's healthy) etc. This is going to be stacked even if we do lose some to injuries.

The Shop

mccread
10/4/2010 6:00am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 6:02am
burnside wrote:

FastEddy wrote:
I agree,CP did great when he came over here and I think Tony will do just fine. I'm sure he is just coming here to get...

I agree, AC is better than CP outdoors but CP is better indoors... if Cairoli had grown up doing supercross he could be a contender... but to jump into the the most stacked 450 class.. to get his feet wet at his age with no real experiance... qualifying and top 10s would be really good.

If you are top 5 this year you will be fast enough to win races and titles... Dungey, RV, Reed, Pourcel, Stewart, Canard etc
burnside
10/4/2010 6:21am
UpTiTe wrote:
You can't compare Pourcel to Cairoli, the French are trained at a young age to ride supercross through thier federation. Most young frenchys who would struggle...
You can't compare Pourcel to Cairoli, the French are trained at a young age to ride supercross through thier federation. Most young frenchys who would struggle at the GP level could come make a 250 main.

Not particularly trying to compare him to Pourcel, just saying, AC is a notch greater than some of the recent transplants. But also agree that top 5 is looking pretty nuts.

Does anyone actually know Cairoli's SX experience?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/4/2010 6:24am
UpTiTe wrote:
You can't compare Pourcel to Cairoli, the French are trained at a young age to ride supercross through thier federation. Most young frenchys who would struggle...

We should get to see soon enough. Smile
CP definitely has more experience,but I think Tony will really surprise some folks indoors.
It should be very interesting so see how he does.
10/4/2010 7:24am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 7:43am
UpTiTe wrote:

burnside wrote:
Not particularly trying to compare him to Pourcel, just saying, AC is a notch greater than some of the recent transplants. But also agree that top...
Not particularly trying to compare him to Pourcel, just saying, AC is a notch greater than some of the recent transplants. But also agree that top 5 is looking pretty nuts.

He's a multi time European SX champ. I have a few Euro SX races downloaded from 07 and 08. He's just never raced one of OUR tracks. The tracks in Europe are a bit different. He did beat Weimer at Genova in 07 though. The same off season Weimer won a main in the U.S. Open.
mxgeoff
10/4/2010 7:27am
UpTiTe wrote:

burnside wrote:
Not particularly trying to compare him to Pourcel, just saying, AC is a notch greater than some of the recent transplants. But also agree that top...

From memory he beat Musquin in that 08 European SX series.
DC
10/4/2010 8:22am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 8:23am
Give a good competitor time and he can adjust, whether it's sand riding or supercross. I do think the French put much more emphasis on SX than any other country in Europe, so their guys start out ahead of the curve. But Cairoli will learn quickly. JMB ended his first AMA Supercross on a hay bale after two turns; he was second by his fifth race and winning within a year. It's different now, and Cairoli is a little older in his debut, but he would do fine.

DC

MX Sports
Prince1
10/4/2010 9:51am
AC has the WILD STYLE if he was in 6th and gaining he would ride over his head.
Astor
10/4/2010 10:07am
Prince1 wrote:
AC has the WILD STYLE if he was in 6th and gaining he would ride over his head.
I have too agree. Just hope he don´t go over the sea to try and win races. If he can settle whit top 10-15 i think he will be fine. Not so sure that he has it in him to just play it safe when the gate drops and he gets a good start. After all he is a racer and probably don´t like when guys like Pourcel passes him.
10/4/2010 10:12am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 10:13am
His style might be aggressive but he's a tactician. He's among the best when it comes to hitting his marks lap after lap.
adamdf
10/4/2010 10:32am
His style might be aggressive but he's a tactician. He's among the best when it comes to hitting his marks lap after lap.
I agree.......

I think his biggest challenge will not be the track, but getting accustomed to the racing environment, it will take him a round or two to get the hang of it, just like anybody else....if he put the time in, he can do well...we have to remember though, that he is just doing it for fun and for the experience

Post a reply to: Cairoli and SX?

The Latest