CR22 missing in final race

10/19/2014 11:31am
zippy895 wrote:
who here will remember this BITCH FEST about reed not wanting to be at MEC.come A1?
Nobody.and if anybody does......GET A LIFE.
That will ultimately depend on if he's still bitching about doing his job come A1.
zippy895
10/19/2014 11:35am
zippy895 wrote:
who here will remember this BITCH FEST about reed not wanting to be at MEC.come A1?
Nobody.and if anybody does......GET A LIFE.
That will ultimately depend on if he's still bitching about doing his job come A1.
wow.just....wow.
kiwifan
10/19/2014 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 12:47pm
Unless Reed suffers more injuries during the off season then he will be in the mix like everyone else come A1 time, give the guy a break he is coming off MXDN injuries isnt he?? As much as I am NOT a Reed fan I know there is no point in knocking a guy down for no real reason other than being a fuckwit.
benstone
10/19/2014 1:02pm
Chad's always been a head-case when it comes to racing. He always talks about "feeling it" when he's winning, and he talks about not feeling it when he's riding around as a back-marker. We've all raced people like this (or maybe are a case like this ourselves).

Bubba knew this way back in 2002 when he passed him at Unadilla and then let Chad pass him back only to smoke him. That shit works on Chad. Then he can fall from the fricken sky at Millville and get back up and jump back into the race cause he was on it 2011. It's not good or bad or right or wrong, it's just the kind of racer he is. That's why it's not always fun to watch him race, but it's always interesting.

The Shop

kiwifan
10/19/2014 3:21pm
benstone wrote:
Chad's always been a head-case when it comes to racing. He always talks about "feeling it" when he's winning, and he talks about not feeling it...
Chad's always been a head-case when it comes to racing. He always talks about "feeling it" when he's winning, and he talks about not feeling it when he's riding around as a back-marker. We've all raced people like this (or maybe are a case like this ourselves).

Bubba knew this way back in 2002 when he passed him at Unadilla and then let Chad pass him back only to smoke him. That shit works on Chad. Then he can fall from the fricken sky at Millville and get back up and jump back into the race cause he was on it 2011. It's not good or bad or right or wrong, it's just the kind of racer he is. That's why it's not always fun to watch him race, but it's always interesting.
Good points!
Old Mate
10/19/2014 4:14pm
Bthis is like the thread before Chad came out and Won rd one last time, leave our aussie legend alone or he might beat you all again.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
10/19/2014 6:02pm
Mixed signals. He tells the camera multiple times that he's just there going through the motions. If so, why didn't he just sandbag qualifying and skip...
Mixed signals. He tells the camera multiple times that he's just there going through the motions. If so, why didn't he just sandbag qualifying and skip the night show altogether?
zippy895 wrote:
because when you call in sick.you don't go to work.if you go to work sick, you do the best you can and try and get through...
because when you call in sick.you don't go to work.if you go to work sick, you do the best you can and try and get through the day.its called disapline.
Oh. Ok. I thought it was called 'spell check'.
oshow
10/19/2014 7:34pm
AzTrooper wrote:
I know this might be a huge assumption on my part . If I'm wrong I apologize. I could swear that just before the first race...
I know this might be a huge assumption on my part . If I'm wrong I apologize. I could swear that just before the first race when they showed the starting gate and the riders getting ready for the start and I saw Chads mechanic starting his bike . Given this I think it might be safe to assume that he is is still hurting from the Des Nations. I doubt he enjoyed racing this one off event when he was still hurting and probably hadn't done much SX testing and practice since the Nats ended and I'm not really a big fan of his but I think it took some guts to go out and race and probably having a pretty good idea that he wasn't going to be getting the results that he knows hes capable of. I respect that. Like has been mentioned before, when your used to winning at that level, it has got to be frustrating to be finishing so far back especially after the way his season ended up. Im sure he will be ready come A1 and so will the rest of the field. I just hope that he and everyone else make it to A1 and beyond healthy.
John
Yes he's still hurting from hat wreck. He saw what he needed to see last night. 10 weeks to get ready he will be in race mode come A1
toroP
10/19/2014 9:24pm
benstone wrote:
Chad's always been a head-case when it comes to racing. He always talks about "feeling it" when he's winning, and he talks about not feeling it...

"that shit works on Chad"

You go back to 2002 for that. Name all the other times "that shit worked"

"A head case" ….what bullshit.
Most racers would kill to be head strong enough to accomplish what Reed has. Who hasn't Reed passed to win?

"We've all raced people like this" I'm laughing as I type that. Uh, no, you haven't raced people like Reed. I think I'll take the opinion of RC, KW, etc. on this topic.

"When he's winning…" Maybe read the list of folks who have won more. It won't take long.

"We've all raced people like this" …...still laughing.
Redrcr34
10/19/2014 9:33pm
Pretty sad actually, show up to a major sponsors event and make sure the whole world knows you don't want to be there and are only...
Pretty sad actually, show up to a major sponsors event and make sure the whole world knows you don't want to be there and are only there because you were forced. Lost all desire to watch or root for 22 after this weekend. Retire and hang up the boots if life as a racer sucks so bad.
I agree. Like to root for Chad, but geez
wildbill
10/19/2014 11:25pm
benstone wrote:

toroP wrote:
"that shit works on Chad" You go back to 2002 for that. Name all the other times "that shit worked" "A head case" ….what bullshit. Most...

Most racers would kill to be head strong enough to accomplish what Reed has. Who hasn't Reed passed to win?

"We've all raced people like this" I'm laughing as I type that. Uh, no, you haven't raced people like Reed. I think I'll take the opinion of RC, KW, etc. on this topic.

"When he's winning…" Maybe read the list of folks who have won more. It won't take long.

Stonerben's talking temperament, not riding ability, and, he's using denotative definitions which you connoted emotively.
nytsmaC
10/19/2014 11:55pm
benstone wrote:

toroP wrote:
"that shit works on Chad" You go back to 2002 for that. Name all the other times "that shit worked" "A head case" ….what bullshit. Most...

wildbill wrote:
Stonerben's talking temperament, not riding ability, and, he's using denotative definitions which you connoted emotively.
This guy has no clue what you just said. Less syllables bro! Are you sure you're from where you say you are?
benstone
10/20/2014 5:45am
nytsmaC wrote:
This guy has no clue what you just said. Less syllables bro! Are you sure you're from where you say you are?
Wink
10/20/2014 5:56am
What difference does it make if he said that he had to be there or not? If he didn't say it people would be questioning why he would race if he wasn't ready. Very few guys can do right by the fans in this sport.
O___o
10/20/2014 7:03am
Perspective.

Riding dirtbikes for a living, having a net worth of around 26 million dollars, having a wife with massive fake tits who supports your every move, and when you aren't riding the bike, you're staring at Monster girl's asses and signing autographs for adoring fans.

Must be a really, really horrible life.
CrashMaster
10/20/2014 7:06am
So CR22 didnt want to be there. Oh well, who cares. As much traveling hes been doing, all the jett lag im pretty shure all of us would be a little annoyed or pissed off. I mean its not like the MEC is such a big deal, why not put all of your energy into something that really counts, the supercross championship. No brainer...
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
10/20/2014 8:03am
I would think Monster would be more pissed about him bringing RedBull F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo to the race and letting him hang out in Reed's pits.

Full disclosure, I think it's awesome Reed was able to get Ricciardo to the race but it seems Monster is pretty silly when it comes to RedBull.
10/20/2014 9:02am
davistld01 wrote:
I'm not anyone to judge Reed, but I think he's pretty much always been a guy who has a problem with thinking after he opens his...
I'm not anyone to judge Reed, but I think he's pretty much always been a guy who has a problem with thinking after he opens his mouth instead thinking before hand. He probably regrets saying what he said. But, whatever...I imagine the guys who make the sponsorship dollars flow at Monster were less than happy.
I disagree.

I think that Chad's value to a sponsor are his fans. He has fans because he speaks his mind. Not everyone is going to agree with him but most will value his honesty and lack of boringness, unlike so many other riders.

As a sponsor, you have to take the good with the bad. I am sure there were conversations behind the scenes, and this was a none-too-subtle swipe back at their decision. But most sponsors, like most fans, will appreciate that Chad lets pretty much anything out of his mouth. That's part of what makes him so damn valuable and you've got to take the good with the bad: you can't have it both ways.
Tpog496
10/20/2014 10:08am
zippy895 wrote:
because when you call in sick.you don't go to work.if you go to work sick, you do the best you can and try and get through...
because when you call in sick.you don't go to work.if you go to work sick, you do the best you can and try and get through the day.its called disapline.
No that's called being an asshole who is fucking over co-workers.
peelout
10/20/2014 10:09am
oh sweet, another thread with the usual suspects throwing shit at one of the best SX riders in history.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
10/20/2014 10:16am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 10:17am
Yeah, Reed is just Reed. He's competitive and says what he's feeling. It takes a lot of $, time and effort to show up at these races. I could see him being a little unmotivated since he benefits nothing from this race other than sponsorship requirements. There's really nothing here.

Post a reply to: CR22 missing in final race

The Latest