CR22 missing in final race

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2014 10:16am
I guess I missed what happened, anyone know?
|
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
10/19/2014 12:21am
I guess he only did what he "Had to do" ... Then left!
10/19/2014 5:42am
Pretty sad actually, show up to a major sponsors event and make sure the whole world knows you don't want to be there and are only there because you were forced. Lost all desire to watch or root for 22 after this weekend. Retire and hang up the boots if life as a racer sucks so bad.
Crush
10/19/2014 5:46am
Pretty sad actually, show up to a major sponsors event and make sure the whole world knows you don't want to be there and are only...
Pretty sad actually, show up to a major sponsors event and make sure the whole world knows you don't want to be there and are only there because you were forced. Lost all desire to watch or root for 22 after this weekend. Retire and hang up the boots if life as a racer sucks so bad.
Holy fuck, we got another sandy vagina over here.

The Shop

TerryK
10/19/2014 5:52am
Pretty sad actually, show up to a major sponsors event and make sure the whole world knows you don't want to be there and are only...
Yeah I agree. He should hang it up so you can step into his boots and show us all how its done. Right?
10/19/2014 6:01am
TerryK wrote:
Yeah I agree. He should hang it up so you can step into his boots and show us all how its done. Right?
Nope, definitely die on that track, pretty sure my comment said nothing about me being faster than Reed or anyone else that has a pro card for that matter... At least I don't think it did, let me read my post over again and see if I can find that part
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/19/2014 6:04am
From a sponsor standpoint I would be pissed. Reed just made his sponsors look ridged, not understanding, and petty
TerryK
10/19/2014 6:07am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 6:08am
TerryK wrote:
Nope, definitely die on that track, pretty sure my comment said nothing about me being faster than Reed or anyone else that has a pro card...
Nope, definitely die on that track, pretty sure my comment said nothing about me being faster than Reed or anyone else that has a pro card for that matter... At least I don't think it did, let me read my post over again and see if I can find that part
Good you can admit that, but who are you to judge what Reed did or didn't do last night?

Let me read my post over again and see if I can find the part where I said you said you are faster than Reed.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
10/19/2014 6:08am
TerryK wrote:
Nope, definitely die on that track, pretty sure my comment said nothing about me being faster than Reed or anyone else that has a pro card...
Point is youre jumping to conclusions...just another factless vital comment...
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/19/2014 6:10am
Do you guys think that from now till A1 is enough time for Reed to be totally ready to go at his top level?

I think so, cause you probably want to peak half way through the series anyways but still have to be strong from the beginning.
Jt$
10/19/2014 6:15am
10 weeks is a long time
10/19/2014 6:16am
I'm not really jumping to conclusions as much as just stating my opinion. Have multiple businesses and know what I would like to see out of a racer/athlete/anyone that myself or business puts money into. Just feel something like
"absolutely an awesome event, im not ready at all for this event, but going to have have a little fun, get some laps in, enjoy the event and work hard to be ready for A1, hopefully be ready to fight for a win there“
Nothing wrong w being candid and Frank, but when you get paid by someone, you are on their payroll, do your best to make their event/brand look good. Obviously just my opinion and $0.02. I have never been paid to race, maybe that business is completely different then the rest of the business world.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/19/2014 6:18am
Jt$ wrote:
10 weeks is a long time
That settles that.
Crush
10/19/2014 6:39am
Jt$ wrote:
10 weeks is a long time
Ramrod wrote:
That settles that.
Goddamit, he's only proved it a thousand times before, just as recently as 10months ago.
davistld01
10/19/2014 7:30am
I'm not anyone to judge Reed, but I think he's pretty much always been a guy who has a problem with thinking after he opens his mouth instead thinking before hand. He probably regrets saying what he said. But, whatever...I imagine the guys who make the sponsorship dollars flow at Monster were less than happy.
JM485
10/19/2014 7:48am
Man, I can't tell you how much I miss the robot podium speeches. They are so informative and we learn so much about them when we hear that awesome sponsor list! Riveting stuff!
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
10/19/2014 7:56am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 7:57am
JM485 wrote:
Man, I can't tell you how much I miss the robot podium speeches. They are so informative and we learn so much about them when we...
Man, I can't tell you how much I miss the robot podium speeches. They are so informative and we learn so much about them when we hear that awesome sponsor list! Riveting stuff!
I just read in another thread people complaining about how good rides are hard to find..we can all guess that is due to low sponsorship money.

Now we are complaining because riders are rattling off their sponsors?

I am confident if you were forking over your cash to a rider you better damn well hear them mention you live on TV!
10/19/2014 7:58am
I think CR should have taken the rest of the year off after his SX injury. I'm not saying it helped DM any but it doesn't look like it hurt him any either. Racing hurt or on the mend just sucks in soooo many ways.
AzTrooper
10/19/2014 8:08am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 8:19am
I know this might be a huge assumption on my part . If I'm wrong I apologize. I could swear that just before the first race when they showed the starting gate and the riders getting ready for the start and I saw Chads mechanic starting his bike . Given this I think it might be safe to assume that he is is still hurting from the Des Nations. I doubt he enjoyed racing this one off event when he was still hurting and probably hadn't done much SX testing and practice since the Nats ended and I'm not really a big fan of his but I think it took some guts to go out and race and probably having a pretty good idea that he wasn't going to be getting the results that he knows hes capable of. I respect that. Like has been mentioned before, when your used to winning at that level, it has got to be frustrating to be finishing so far back especially after the way his season ended up. Im sure he will be ready come A1 and so will the rest of the field. I just hope that he and everyone else make it to A1 and beyond healthy.
John
roost251
10/19/2014 8:28am
John,
That is a very thoughtful, respectful and well written post. WTF??? Dont you know there is no place for that here at Vital.... lol

Great observation I agree with you.
Outsider
10/19/2014 8:58am
I'm not really jumping to conclusions as much as just stating my opinion. Have multiple businesses and know what I would like to see out of...
I'm not really jumping to conclusions as much as just stating my opinion. Have multiple businesses and know what I would like to see out of a racer/athlete/anyone that myself or business puts money into. Just feel something like
"absolutely an awesome event, im not ready at all for this event, but going to have have a little fun, get some laps in, enjoy the event and work hard to be ready for A1, hopefully be ready to fight for a win there“
Nothing wrong w being candid and Frank, but when you get paid by someone, you are on their payroll, do your best to make their event/brand look good. Obviously just my opinion and $0.02. I have never been paid to race, maybe that business is completely different then the rest of the business world.
Totally agree with this.

I like when guys speak their minds. But, sometimes, like during an interview on live TV before your #1 sponsor's marquee race, you can hold back a little.
CR250Rider
10/19/2014 9:43am
Chad just got blown up at the MXDN guys, I'd still be in traction. He'll be back. Put the gun down.
zippy895
10/19/2014 9:55am
read into what he said,anyway you want.
what I took from his "have to" be there comment,was ,he is not feeling it to push himself because of a lingering injury.so why go out in the racing spotlite and look like he is at a test track.
he did a monster commercial snipit ,got on the line,did his do diligence and called it a night.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
10/19/2014 10:05am
Mixed signals. He tells the camera multiple times that he's just there going through the motions. If so, why didn't he just sandbag qualifying and skip the night show altogether?
zippy895
10/19/2014 10:21am
Mixed signals. He tells the camera multiple times that he's just there going through the motions. If so, why didn't he just sandbag qualifying and skip...
Mixed signals. He tells the camera multiple times that he's just there going through the motions. If so, why didn't he just sandbag qualifying and skip the night show altogether?
because when you call in sick.you don't go to work.if you go to work sick, you do the best you can and try and get through the day.its called disapline.
BAMX
10/19/2014 10:39am
MxKing809 wrote:
From a sponsor standpoint I would be pissed. Reed just made his sponsors look ridged, not understanding, and petty
From what it appears, they were being "ridged, not understanding, and petty" . Reed knows what he needs to do to get healthy and up to speed. How many times does he need to show it for the haters to figure that out?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/19/2014 10:46am
MxKing809 wrote:
BAMX wrote:
From what it appears, they were being "ridged, not understanding, and petty" . Reed knows what he needs to do to get healthy and up to...
From what it appears, they were being "ridged, not understanding, and petty" . Reed knows what he needs to do to get healthy and up to speed. How many times does he need to show it for the haters to figure that out?
What I read between the lines was that his sponsors/ and or the powers that be running his program fiscally strong armed him into showing up. I commend him for racing after his MXdN wreck.... But IMO he put his supporters on blast for no reason. What good comes out of airing that information? Did he want to be there? No, that was obvious.... But why carry on and bring light to the fact he was probably forced to be there?
10/19/2014 10:55am
I'm not really jumping to conclusions as much as just stating my opinion. Have multiple businesses and know what I would like to see out of...
If you'd simply have cut this part out of your first post: Retire and hang up the boots if life as a racer sucks so bad
Your opinion would be appreciated. Now all i can think of is: Put a sock in it...
10/19/2014 11:22am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2014 11:25am
Hopefully his and Grant's tune changes before A1 or they could be the most negative/bitter team in the pits.
I'm making a large assumption that he's still hurt from the MXDN crash, and if not he might think about pulling an RV and doing something different to make himself more happy.
zippy895
10/19/2014 11:28am
who here will remember this BITCH FEST about reed not wanting to be at MEC.come A1?
Nobody.and if anybody does......GET A LIFE.

Post a reply to: CR22 missing in final race

The Latest