CR22 - My new Hero...

1/2/2015 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 10:33am
Always liked the guy Wink but now...

GO REEDY!!!!!

Rider Press Conference's are always the same old shia*...

"My bike is awesome"  "I had a great off season" "Can't wait to go racing"

Well, Jamie Little is back (Thank you Fox) and she told the riders they were going to take a few Social Media questions for them to answer.  First exchange right out of the gate:

JL: When do you guys think you will see women compete in SX at a regular level.  Anyone want to take that?
(Lot's of laughter, no one steps up...)

CR22: (Dead pan and confident) I don't think it's possible.  Sorry...

JL: What about Vicki Golden? She's going to attempt to race in Arlington.

CR22: (Smiling) We'll see how that goes...  Good luck to her...

Later in the Conference Antonovich from TWMX makes the remark: I know you guys don't want to be up there...

Reed fired back: I don't know that we don't want to be up here.  For the most part we have done this a time or two. The media always thinks you guys are stiff.  He's a bit of a robot, but you guys questions ain't that great.  What do you expect?  Ask us a good question and we'll give you a good answer.
(Worth noting- the question before this one directly to Reed by Cox was "What do you think about your new Pirelli tires?" )
Sorry Cox...

Anyways, a happy Chad Reed is a dangerous Chad Reed.  If he survives A1 on the box or better. Look out young guns.
Hahahahaha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6OGrOaYb4
|
Sandberm
1/2/2015 5:33pm
I think Cox doubled up on his ADD meds before that press conference.
Detroit Dick
1/2/2015 6:00pm
A guy who owns his own team and a buncha titles can speak the damn truth....LOVE IT!
bish153
1/2/2015 6:09pm
Chad Reed is a dick bag...how are yall so blind?

The Shop

ts.p311
1/2/2015 6:27pm
Always liked the guy ;) but now... GO REEDY!!!!! Rider Press Conference's are always the same old shia*... "My bike is awesome"  "I had a great...
Always liked the guy Wink but now...

GO REEDY!!!!!

Rider Press Conference's are always the same old shia*...

"My bike is awesome"  "I had a great off season" "Can't wait to go racing"

Well, Jamie Little is back (Thank you Fox) and she told the riders they were going to take a few Social Media questions for them to answer.  First exchange right out of the gate:

JL: When do you guys think you will see women compete in SX at a regular level.  Anyone want to take that?
(Lot's of laughter, no one steps up...)

CR22: (Dead pan and confident) I don't think it's possible.  Sorry...

JL: What about Vicki Golden? She's going to attempt to race in Arlington.

CR22: (Smiling) We'll see how that goes...  Good luck to her...

Later in the Conference Antonovich from TWMX makes the remark: I know you guys don't want to be up there...

Reed fired back: I don't know that we don't want to be up here.  For the most part we have done this a time or two. The media always thinks you guys are stiff.  He's a bit of a robot, but you guys questions ain't that great.  What do you expect?  Ask us a good question and we'll give you a good answer.
(Worth noting- the question before this one directly to Reed by Cox was "What do you think about your new Pirelli tires?" )
Sorry Cox...

Anyways, a happy Chad Reed is a dangerous Chad Reed.  If he survives A1 on the box or better. Look out young guns.
Hahahahaha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6OGrOaYb4
Not that I would say he sounds angry, but I dont know how you got a "happy Chad Reed" out of that. He just seemed irritated to me.
Skippie
1/2/2015 6:30pm
ts.p311 wrote:
Not that I would say he sounds angry, but I dont know how you got a "happy Chad Reed" out of that. He just seemed irritated...
Not that I would say he sounds angry, but I dont know how you got a "happy Chad Reed" out of that. He just seemed irritated to me.
I think he means happy with his whole program. Reed's always been kinda like that to the media.
holeshot413
Fantasy
1763rd
1/2/2015 6:32pm
Sandberm wrote:
I think Cox doubled up on his ADD meds before that press conference.
are those drugs FIM AMA legal? Did he have a TUE? Asking riders stupid questions while on meds could endanger other media types Smile
Brad460
Fantasy
773rd
1/2/2015 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2015 6:32pm
Making some off the cuff comment at a press conference makes Reed your hero?! Laughing

24 hrs and 29 minutes and all these lame threads hopefully disappear !
Hut
1/2/2015 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2015 6:35pm
Right before his "good questions" comment they were asked a good question; how they feel about the James Stewart situation. Other than his wise ass "whoops there it is" remark he didn't say boo; so there ya go.
These press conferences are hard to watch. I don't know if it's the format or what but it just seems uncomfortable and boring.
ocscottie
1/2/2015 6:35pm
Brad460 wrote:
Making some off the cuff comment at a press conference makes Reed your hero?! :laugh: 24 hrs and 29 minutes and all these lame threads hopefully...
Making some off the cuff comment at a press conference makes Reed your hero?! Laughing

...and 6 hours after that a whole new batch of lame threads after the race is over LOL its a no win situation bro.
MXD
1/2/2015 6:36pm
bish153 wrote:
I'm with you on this one. I've never been a fan and I can't root for him.
1/2/2015 6:38pm
With Chad you get an honest answer. Id rather get that than the same old re run

Id love to see him win tomorrow

731chopper
Fantasy
418th
1/2/2015 6:40pm
bish153 wrote:
Speaking honestly makes him a dick bag?
Crush
1/2/2015 6:42pm
Gotta be honest, the concept of a press conference in a sport where if any "journos" ask something really honest, or hard hitting, the riders just take the attitude of we'll I'll never talk to them again, it all just seems a little busch league and forced... What purpose does it serve really?

The open floor treatment definitely doesn't work. A few years ago Ralph or maybe Weege had a set program, least that had a structure and came off professionally. This was awful, if Trey hadn't tried to answer the JS7 question diligently it would have not been worth a shyte.
Sandberm
1/2/2015 6:42pm
Chads like the Bobby Riggs of Supercross.
RandyS
1/2/2015 6:43pm
Chad Reed has always answered questions like that, just a little more DGAF as he gets older. It doesn't matter what or how he says it, there's always haters.
Hut
1/2/2015 6:46pm
Sandberm wrote:
Chads like the Bobby Riggs of Supercross.
Laughing
ts.p311
1/2/2015 6:48pm
Brad460 wrote:
Making some off the cuff comment at a press conference makes Reed your hero?! :laugh: 24 hrs and 29 minutes and all these lame threads hopefully...

ocscottie wrote:
...and 6 hours after that a whole new batch of lame threads after the race is over LOL its a no win situation bro.
....but we all keep coming back.
Sandberm
1/2/2015 6:58pm
Why do a lot of guys have suck a blank dismal look?
Is that riddle?

I dont know Tony, why DO they have suck a blank dismal look?
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
1/2/2015 7:03pm
Chad generally speaks his mind.

I doubt it made the audio, but when the question was asked about James, he sort of muttered under his breath, "Oh...there it is..." Smile
ChrisB10
1/2/2015 7:05pm
Reed had me LOL'ing. It was so funny to hear him say that shit then see the deer in headlights look on the other riders faces.
machine
1/2/2015 7:09pm
GuyB wrote:
Chad generally speaks his mind. I doubt it made the audio, but when the question was asked about James, he sort of muttered under his breath...

I doubt it made the audio, but when the question was asked about James, he sort of muttered under his breath, "Oh...there it is..." Smile
No, they caught it alright...
JayCarpent
1/2/2015 7:09pm
GuyB wrote:
Chad generally speaks his mind. I doubt it made the audio, but when the question was asked about James, he sort of muttered under his breath...

It did make the audio, lol. Close to the (16) minute mark you can hear him, hilarious!
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
1/2/2015 7:13pm
Why do a lot of guys have suck a blank dismal look?
Sandberm wrote:
Is that riddle?

I dont know Tony, why DO they have suck a blank dismal look?
Why? Because this look isn't better. Smile

Sandberm
1/2/2015 7:17pm
Poor Justin.

I think wearing Alpinestar gear is having a psychedelic drug effect on his riding.
1/2/2015 7:57pm
GuyB wrote:

YUP ..heard it!Laughing

For a second I thought he was gonna take that one and give an answer/reply that would have the whole room wetting their pants in shock! (hoping actually!Laughing )
oshow
1/2/2015 8:04pm
bish153 wrote:
I see perfectly, and there is only one "Dick bag" in this thread so far. And it isn't Reed.
hammertime
1/2/2015 8:10pm
Brad460 wrote:

Thanks for this!!!!
1/2/2015 8:52pm
Hut wrote:
Right before his "good questions" comment they were asked a good question; how they feel about the James Stewart situation. Other than his wise ass "whoops...
Right before his "good questions" comment they were asked a good question; how they feel about the James Stewart situation. Other than his wise ass "whoops there it is" remark he didn't say boo; so there ya go.
These press conferences are hard to watch. I don't know if it's the format or what but it just seems uncomfortable and boring.
Exactly what I was going to post. I actually wanted to hear CR's response to the Stewart question. Unsure

Post a reply to: CR22 - My new Hero...

The Latest