CP already loses his 2012 gear deal...

Spuds
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:24pm
From a PR on MotoVerte.com: Press Release from Shot Racing

Translation:

As a result of extra-contractual requirements expressed by Christophe Pourcel, member of the CLS team, the sponsorship deal linking to Team Powersports/CLS has been broken.

Powersports (Shot's owner) could not agree with the rider's tantrums.

End of the press release...
|
tbanks
12/22/2011 4:56am
Spuds wrote:
From a PR on MotoVerte.com: [url=http://www.motoverte.com/site/shot-cp377-ca-casse--63736.html]Press Release from Shot Racing[/url] Translation: [i]As a result of extra-contractual requirements expressed by Christophe Pourcel, member of the CLS team...
From a PR on MotoVerte.com: Press Release from Shot Racing

Translation:

As a result of extra-contractual requirements expressed by Christophe Pourcel, member of the CLS team, the sponsorship deal linking to Team Powersports/CLS has been broken.

Powersports (Shot's owner) could not agree with the rider's tantrums.

End of the press release...
I have nothing against CP, but I'm not really surprised by this....
12/22/2011 5:08am
So, the question is now :

Which MX gear company wants to sign the crafty frenchman and his brother for the 2012 GP season ???

Anyone ???

Wink
IWreckALot
12/22/2011 5:10am
I've been reserving judgement for Pourcel. The guy has speed and he has the balls to hold out on what he wants. But man, this is getting old. Just agree to a deal and race. I want to see how he does against everyone in SX. I didn't think he had a shot to keep up outdoors with is prior back injuries and the nature of outdoors but I think he might be able to shake up the top 5 if he would just quit jacking around and decide to race.
Switch
12/22/2011 5:19am
"extra-contractual requirements".....?

More money again?

The Shop

PaleBlue
12/22/2011 5:22am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2011 5:23am
Is this thread going to be another 'retards feeding frenzy'?

heading that way already. Spud's french may not be all it could be.....
dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
12/22/2011 5:36am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2011 5:38am
So, the question is now : Which MX gear company wants to sign the crafty frenchman and his brother for the 2012 GP season ??? Anyone...

Which MX gear company wants to sign the crafty frenchman and his brother for the 2012 GP season ???

Anyone ???

Wink
I guess someone that wants headaches... ;-)
mxgeoff
12/22/2011 5:43am
So, the question is now : Which MX gear company wants to sign the crafty frenchman and his brother for the 2012 GP season ??? Anyone...

Anyone ???

Wink
dv12.com wrote:
classy on your part DV....................
Fearo
12/22/2011 5:46am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2011 5:51am

c3011
12/22/2011 5:52am

Anyone ???

Wink
dv12.com wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Just sounds like the truth......
rangot
12/22/2011 5:52am
mxgeoff wrote:
You can't deny the guy's an handful
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
12/22/2011 5:56am
Mentally unstable. Does he really want to ride, or what?
Powermoves
12/22/2011 6:03am

Anyone ???

Wink
dv12.com wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Retarded on your part mxgeoff.
Flip109
12/22/2011 6:09am
Maybe he should just ride around in his "superman" outfit lol
mxgeoff
12/22/2011 6:10am Edited Date/Time 12/22/2011 6:11am
dv12.com wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Powermoves wrote:
I've always found Christophe to be a good guy. He is different, but I've had no trouble with him. Ask Mitch Payton what he thinks of him, you will get glowing reviews.

Some people need to be treated differently and people need to respect Champions.

Everyone wants to jump on the hate Pourcel bandwagon, and I find it even cheaper than anything Pourcel has ever done.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
12/22/2011 6:10am
dv12.com wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
Powermoves wrote:
X2. It's a wonder MC put up with this bonehead as long as they did. Dizzy
Highsider
12/22/2011 6:19am
dv12.com wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
c3011 wrote:
Just sounds like the truth......
Geoff is a "journalist".
Try to see it from his perspective!Dry
scooter5002
12/22/2011 6:21am
Respect is a 2 way street, Geoff. Sounds like CP couldn't respect the CONTRACT he was in. You can kiss his ass if you want, that's your right. Don't let it cloud your vision.
mxgeoff
12/22/2011 6:28am
Respect is a 2 way street, Geoff. Sounds like CP couldn't respect the CONTRACT he was in. You can kiss his ass if you want, that's...
Respect is a 2 way street, Geoff. Sounds like CP couldn't respect the CONTRACT he was in. You can kiss his ass if you want, that's your right. Don't let it cloud your vision.
So you know about the contract?? You are kidding me right. Some company sends out a press release, some company that is unproffesional enough to write "Powersports (Shot's owner) could not agree with the rider's tantrums". How unproffesional is that.

I know people like Cairoli, Rattray and many others like Pourcel and respect him as a racer. Most of the knockers have probably never even met him, just like to put shit on somebody who has achieved more than them.

Most of you people should be ashamed of yourselves for putting shit on a kid you don't even know.
Shawn142
12/22/2011 6:31am
But the one guy in this thread who does know Pourcel and considers him a headache gets called classless huh? Sounds real objective, like laying some shit on a former rider because of some off handed comments about Europe he made on a podcast.
scooter5002
12/22/2011 6:36am
I'm not knocking his abilities as a racer. But it certainly sounds like he's incredibly eccentric. That's only coming back to bite him in the ass. He's running out of bridges to burn. Maybe the person who wrot e the prees release just told the truth. For a change. That's pretty uncommon these days. I can see why you'd be shocked.
There's no doubt CP has overcome some pretty serious issues. He is lucky to be back racing after that time in a wheelchair. However, that's the point. He needs to remember that, and it's time to either commit or get out. He's not doing himself any favours with his behaviour. Hell, even Damon Bradshaw walked when he started to doubt himself.
mxgeoff
12/22/2011 6:37am
Shawn142 wrote:
But the one guy in this thread who does know Pourcel and considers him a headache gets called classless huh? Sounds real objective, like laying some...
But the one guy in this thread who does know Pourcel and considers him a headache gets called classless huh? Sounds real objective, like laying some shit on a former rider because of some off handed comments about Europe he made on a podcast.
Off handed comments about Europe he made on a podcast?? Oh, you mean Ping. Difference is Ping said some crappy shit about Europe in his column and always has tried to put shit on Europe. I might ad Ping is a good guy, so a little too blonde.

I don't see how Pourcel's professional business is even close to being the same as Ping rubbishing Europe.

And as for DV (who was a total professional and many riders should take his attitude into their sport) to join in on the Pourcel hating isn't classy, but that is just my opinion.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
12/22/2011 6:38am
mxgeoff wrote:
Powermoves wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
I've always found Christophe to be a good guy. He is different, but I've had no trouble with him. Ask Mitch Payton what he thinks of...
I've always found Christophe to be a good guy. He is different, but I've had no trouble with him. Ask Mitch Payton what he thinks of him, you will get glowing reviews.

Some people need to be treated differently and people need to respect Champions.

Everyone wants to jump on the hate Pourcel bandwagon, and I find it even cheaper than anything Pourcel has ever done.
I once had an employee quit because we didn't "talk special" to her. So, when, you are getting paid (or want to get paid), go on a job interview or work for a company, is it the company's responsibility to hold your hand and make sure your ego gets stroked, etc or is it your job to do your friggin' job? Great he has skills, but if he wants to get paid to use those skills, then he needs to get with the program. The program doesn't need to get with him. AND that has been shown more than once. Problem with one company, could be the compnay, could be him. More companies, starting to think it might not be the companies...
scooter5002
12/22/2011 6:40am
Perhaps DV could chime in here and tell us that the translation is accurate. There could be an issue here. Regardless, it still remains that CP ISN'T in that gear contract anymore. You have to wonder why.
scooter5002
12/22/2011 6:42am
mxgeoff wrote:
Off handed comments about Europe he made on a podcast?? Oh, you mean Ping. Difference is Ping said some crappy shit about Europe in his column...
Off handed comments about Europe he made on a podcast?? Oh, you mean Ping. Difference is Ping said some crappy shit about Europe in his column and always has tried to put shit on Europe. I might ad Ping is a good guy, so a little too blonde.

I don't see how Pourcel's professional business is even close to being the same as Ping rubbishing Europe.

And as for DV (who was a total professional and many riders should take his attitude into their sport) to join in on the Pourcel hating isn't classy, but that is just my opinion.
An opinion. As was what I stated. Certainly didn't stop you from climbing up my colon, did it? Silly
mxgeoff
12/22/2011 6:43am
Powermoves wrote:
mxgeoff wrote:
I've always found Christophe to be a good guy. He is different, but I've had no trouble with him. Ask Mitch Payton what he thinks of...

Mr. Ted wrote:
I once had an employee quit because we didn't "talk special" to her. So, when, you are getting paid (or want to get paid), go on...
I once had an employee quit because we didn't "talk special" to her. So, when, you are getting paid (or want to get paid), go on a job interview or work for a company, is it the company's responsibility to hold your hand and make sure your ego gets stroked, etc or is it your job to do your friggin' job? Great he has skills, but if he wants to get paid to use those skills, then he needs to get with the program. The program doesn't need to get with him. AND that has been shown more than once. Problem with one company, could be the compnay, could be him. More companies, starting to think it might not be the companies...
Mate, take a walk though an AMA pit area and see how many riders are getting their ego's stroked. Pourcel is not by a long way as bad as some others. All sportsman have their ego's stroked. It's one of the ugly reasons they think they are better than us mortals.
motoplook
12/22/2011 6:52am
mxgeoff wrote:

I wouldn't think that Mitch still has that opinion you are describing...
mxgeoff
Respect is a 2 way street, Geoff. Sounds like CP couldn't respect the CONTRACT he was in. You can kiss his ass if you want, that's...
I can't think of one moment Pourcel has done anything in public other than being a great racer.what goes on behind closed doors is his business and not that of anyone else.

In my opinion it's no coincedent that both Pourcel and Townley lost the plot for a little while there. I won't if the change in their finances had anything to do with it. I'm not trying to be funny, but I can imagine if you are making millions and all of a sudden your wages drop around the 300,000 mark or less, then you start to wonder if you want to keep putting your life on the line.

I am probably miles out, but I often wondered if that is what happened to these two great former champions.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
mxgeoff wrote:

Mr. Ted wrote:
I once had an employee quit because we didn't "talk special" to her. So, when, you are getting paid (or want to get paid), go on...
mxgeoff wrote:
Mate, take a walk though an AMA pit area and see how many riders are getting their ego's stroked. Pourcel is not by a long way...
Mate, take a walk though an AMA pit area and see how many riders are getting their ego's stroked. Pourcel is not by a long way as bad as some others. All sportsman have their ego's stroked. It's one of the ugly reasons they think they are better than us mortals.
Well I have to agree with you there. Doesn't make him smart though...Lot's of talented guys have tossed it out the window.
rangot
12/22/2011 6:55am
Perhaps DV could chime in here and tell us that the translation is accurate. There could be an issue here. Regardless, it still remains that CP...
Perhaps DV could chime in here and tell us that the translation is accurate. There could be an issue here. Regardless, it still remains that CP ISN'T in that gear contract anymore. You have to wonder why.
I'm no DV but still a French guy who speaks a bit of English and yes, the translation is accurate.
JCRF217
12/22/2011 6:58am
Shawn142 wrote:
But the one guy in this thread who does know Pourcel and considers him a headache gets called classless huh? Sounds real objective, like laying some...
mxgeoff wrote:
Off handed comments about Europe he made on a podcast?? Oh, you mean Ping. Difference is Ping said some crappy shit about Europe in his column...

I think it is great that they expressed their opinions. DV spoke the truth about pourcel, he is more needy than any other rider, and thinks he should be paid as much as the top guys even though he has not proved himself. He did alright in the GP's last year when he was there, but the only thing he really has done the last year is demand a bunch of money and quit racing.

Post a reply to: CP already loses his 2012 gear deal...

The Latest