CKB shut down by Judge

JoJmoto
So Georgia lost another track yesterday. The details are not 100 % clear to me, there appears to be some he said she said stuff going on but from what I gather, CKB MX in South/Middle Georgia received some complaints and was forced into Court where the Judge shut them down for not having a business license.

So the owner wanted to get a business license however, they will not give him one because they will not pass his location in code, whatever that means..

So I post this here to see if anyone has any info or knowledge with these things and can maybe give the guy some advice on how to handle this in Court. I have not been to this track yet, been waiting for my kid to heal, but I have seen posts that this is a very nice track. Its a shame to loose another track, especially in middle Georgia where there are not many places to ride.

Here is their FB link if you have any info you can share with the guy in order to get back opened up..

https://www.facebook.com/ckbmxtrack/
|
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
4/14/2017 5:37am
I saw that yesterday as well. One of my buddies had posted it and I thought about posting it here but did it. Glad you did so hopefully we will get a little more insight on what it was that force them out. From reading comments of others I was getting the drift that maybe it was a noise and dust thing..
omalley
4/14/2017 6:23am
I saw that yesterday as well. One of my buddies had posted it and I thought about posting it here but did it. Glad you did...
I saw that yesterday as well. One of my buddies had posted it and I thought about posting it here but did it. Glad you did so hopefully we will get a little more insight on what it was that force them out. From reading comments of others I was getting the drift that maybe it was a noise and dust thing..
The bummer in most of these is the true goals of the anti-orv crowd. They will play like it's a "dust issue" or a "noise issue" but what they are really after is shutting it down. Fix the noise, they complain about the dust. Fix the dust, they complain about erosion...

The sad fact is that in many cases, they don't actually have a successful case, but they have more $$$ than the track owner to tie them up in court until the track owner gives up. Only one case locally that I know of (Washougal) where the owner had enough commitment and $$$ to fight all the way and he prevailed.
JoJmoto
4/14/2017 6:43am
Yeah from what I was reading, it wasn't a noise issue. I too don't know what the original complaint was but it appears as if he had a business license, he would have been ok...?

So how do you get around that?
500guy
4/14/2017 7:08am
JoJmoto wrote:
Yeah from what I was reading, it wasn't a noise issue. I too don't know what the original complaint was but it appears as if he...
Yeah from what I was reading, it wasn't a noise issue. I too don't know what the original complaint was but it appears as if he had a business license, he would have been ok...?

You get a license & permits before you open not after.

The Shop

omalley
4/14/2017 7:21am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2017 7:21am
JoJmoto wrote:
Yeah from what I was reading, it wasn't a noise issue. I too don't know what the original complaint was but it appears as if he...

500guy wrote:
You get a license & permits before you open not after.
The problem is that many places say "you should've had a permit" when in reality they'd never give you one in the first place, or would've caved to pressure from eco-loons during the permit process. No-win for track owners.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
4/14/2017 1:58pm
JoJmoto wrote:

Apparently the orginial complain came from a near by track....

They should've had a business license. However I don't know if they were intending on it being a business, he said the track was built for his daughter who has since passed away. I think staying around dirt bikes 24/7 helps keep him going everyday.
I hope they can get the track reopened.
AlexB289
Fantasy
3271st
4/14/2017 2:12pm
Yes the complaint came from the "track down the road" former pro Racer that has a training compound in Ga and I believe a few neighbors complained as well. They will be open tomorrow for free. Hope to see a big crowd. If you're in the area you should come out and ride!
Jack_Wagon
4/14/2017 2:16pm
I also heard the complaint originated from another track owner. What other track is near CKB? I can only think of one, but surely he wouldn't do something that low down.
AlexB289
Fantasy
3271st
4/14/2017 2:18pm
Jack_Wagon wrote:
I also heard the complaint originated from another track owner. What other track is near CKB? I can only think of one, but surely he wouldn't...
I also heard the complaint originated from another track owner. What other track is near CKB? I can only think of one, but surely he wouldn't do something that low down.
You would be correct
JoJmoto
4/14/2017 5:08pm
AlexB289 wrote:
Yes the complaint came from the "track down the road" former pro Racer that has a training compound in Ga and I believe a few neighbors...
Yes the complaint came from the "track down the road" former pro Racer that has a training compound in Ga and I believe a few neighbors complained as well. They will be open tomorrow for free. Hope to see a big crowd. If you're in the area you should come out and ride!
Yeah I saw that but then he posted a video saying he didn't have anything to do with it.

I don't know the story behind this, I would certainly hope he didn't have anything to do with it, I think a lot of people would turn their back on him if he did. But I have to give him the benefit of the doubt as I don't know any different.

I was hoping to try and get some good solid info for these guys at CKB to help them with their issue.

Post a reply to: CKB shut down by Judge

The Latest