disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/3/2016 12:41pm
I never knew vital had so many history scholars
Tracktor
4/3/2016 1:07pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
OK, I'm done - unless someone wants to respond to my question - Who they wish won the civil war the north or the south. Why...
OK, I'm done - unless someone wants to respond to my question - Who they wish won the civil war the north or the south. Why would be nice but not required for me to respond.

BTW, crickets will be interpreted as though you agree with me or have no logical response.
Lol, no it's more like most dont give a shit what you think? If me telling people to educate themselves is racist, so be it. If Pfitz the web guru thinks I'm racist Im ok with that. You proven to most that you are snapping springs on the weirdo scale.

As for the question, i dont think most posting here would think the south should have won. However, how things were handled after the war were dissappointing to say the least and slowed down actual equality by at least 100 years. It also showed that the North didnt go to war for altruistic reasons nor did many Northerners think blacks were truly equal.....
Motoxdoc
4/3/2016 1:14pm
WTF is going on here? It seems like Trump has made it OK to be overtly racist, among other things, and now that mentality is seeping into the everyday life of the average citizen. Yes JQ, I can understand your amusement with these peoples internet reasoning skills but it gets a little scary when they start saying things like, “Never been to a protest but come this fall i think we will all be fightin. Looking forward to grabbing a pro abortion sign from some guy and yelling "4" and teeing him up.”...............What do you mean by that? Hitting a guy with his own sign for having a different opinion then you? What's next.....killing abortion doctors?

I admit after addressing some of you I feel less intelligent…. like I’ve stooped down to your level. This must be what it feels like to watch a “Real housewives reality show.”

This thread is an embarrassing and disturbing cross section of motocross demographics. I can only hope that it isn’t accurate! I agree this should be dumbgeoned….but not completely deleted. Some of the comments in this thread are racist gold that should be forever hung around the necks of the people who mouthed them! Thank goodness for the 1st amendment!

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
355th
4/3/2016 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2016 1:47pm
What I said is correct. It isn't taking a position, it is just a statement of fact. If you'd like to argue that fact then you can take it up with the University of Texas because that's where my education on the matter comes from. I'm not an expert on the war but I'm willing to bet I'm more educated on the matter than most in this thread.
APLMAN99
4/3/2016 2:57pm
731chopper wrote:
What I said is correct. It isn't taking a position, it is just a statement of fact. If you'd like to argue that fact then you...
What I said is correct. It isn't taking a position, it is just a statement of fact. If you'd like to argue that fact then you can take it up with the University of Texas because that's where my education on the matter comes from. I'm not an expert on the war but I'm willing to bet I'm more educated on the matter than most in this thread.
You should seek a refund on tuition charged. ....

Anyone who believes that the confederate states attempted to secede from the Union and fired upon their fellow Americans for any reason other than fear of slavery slowly being done away with is simply lying to themselves and everyone else.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
4/3/2016 3:38pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
You should seek a refund on tuition charged. .... Anyone who believes that the confederate states attempted to secede from the Union and fired upon their...

Anyone who believes that the confederate states attempted to secede from the Union and fired upon their fellow Americans for any reason other than fear of slavery slowly being done away with is simply lying to themselves and everyone else.
I never said slavery wasn't part of it. I said saying it was only about that would be narrow minded because it is only telling part of the story. Slavery wasn't the only issue dividing the Country leading up to the creation of the Confederacy and the start of the Civil War.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/3/2016 3:46pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Go on!......If you don't think it was over slavery, oh PLEASE tell me what you think the civil war was about. This outta be good.
731chopper wrote:
The American Civil War at the core was largely about States rights vs the increasingly powerful Federal government. It is the same thing that in my...
The American Civil War at the core was largely about States rights vs the increasingly powerful Federal government. It is the same thing that in my mind this country will go to war again in the future over. To say the war and the creation of the confederacy was about slavery would be narrow minded.

I've never understood people who like to fly the confederate flag because the wars over folks, the confederacy is dead. But how the flag is "offensive" now is just idiotic. People are overly sensitive and political correctness needs to stop.
Just curious, why do you only tell about half of the story? What rights do you think the states were fighting for exactly?

The South started a war to secede for what reason? For the right to do what?

The South started the civil war and then lost. Something to be real proud of... And yes, I have a degree in History.
APLMAN99
4/3/2016 4:23pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
You should seek a refund on tuition charged. .... Anyone who believes that the confederate states attempted to secede from the Union and fired upon their...

731chopper wrote:
I never said slavery wasn't part of it. I said saying it was only about that would be narrow minded because it is only telling part...
I never said slavery wasn't part of it. I said saying it was only about that would be narrow minded because it is only telling part of the story. Slavery wasn't the only issue dividing the Country leading up to the creation of the Confederacy and the start of the Civil War.
Slavery was THE issue, not simply "a part of it".

Read the Articles of Secession from each state. It becomes very clear that slavery was the issue, any other issues that are used to try to justify the actions of the confederate states are directly tied to slavery.
Motoxdoc
4/3/2016 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2016 4:35pm
JQ and I point out that the flag was desecrated by a racist army (that started a treasonous war which led to hundreds of thousands of lives lost), and by a “Klan” that was responsible for lynching people for no other reason than their skin color…..we pointed out that this was a bit more desecrating than a single racist killing 9 people. As you all know this is a reasonable statement…and if you don’t, then address it directly. But nooo,

hillbilly responds with, “If we remove them all,remove all confederate memorials and erase it from school history books everything will be O tA.” …and, “peckerneck”… and “Shit happens,get over it.”

….. Get over what? Those responses are either out of context, ad hominem or are just plain juvenile.

Newmann responds with, “Avatar is ironic considering your anger. ”

Really?....again, out of context AND ad hominem ….where’s the anger in JQ’s post? How about addressing what he said?

KMC440 says, “Oh how you must despise Christians wearing a cross...”

Same thing here! What part of JQ’s post would warrant a response like that? Can’t you guys stay focused on the subject at hand?....Whether or not we should be allowed to display a flag that represents racism and hatred….and insights violence.

JQ makes a perfect analogy pertaining to the subject at hand and…
Sir Roostsalot asks, “Wow, now Roczen's a Nazi.”

That’s what you interpreted from his analogy regarding 2 different groups and their differences in holding onto racist symbols of the past? While we ARE in the same thread, your response suggests that you’re reading something that I don’t see here.

Racer 142– “Start of civil war April 12, 1861, date emancipation proclaimation took effect January 1, 1963. At the start of the civil war it was legal to own slaves in BOTH the north and the south. The north didn't have nearly as many because it was a mainly industrial economy whereas the south was mainly agricultural but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.”……

Thank you for sharing that bit of history with me Racer142, but not for the ignorant snide comment at the end.….But that did NOT address my argument, let alone get in the way. I’m not even sure what your point is. If you don’t think the civil war was fought over slavery…or you think you should be allowed to fly a symbol of racism that strikes fear and anger in some, and pride and anger in others; just say so!

Then reded’s comment?! " Are you insuinating that blacks would have been better off had they not been brought to America? If that's true, would they mind going back? “

This thread should stay alive, if for no other reason, so we can use your comment as an example……there goes any political aspirations you had. I suppose next you’re going to tell us you have black friends…and that you know of black people who fly the confederate flag....other then Kanye West….lol.

Many of the responses here are ad hominem, diversions or just flat out strange; it’s like we're in a parallel universe reading the same thread, but to some of you guys the words have different meanings then what they’re already known to have.

To stay true to this thread, how about taking a vote? Who thinks we should be allowed to display a symbol of racism and who thinks that is wrong?

Display = yes…..Not to display = no.

Me personally….No!

I see we have been properly placed in the dumbgeon but not completely deleted….hurray!

reded
4/3/2016 4:42pm
My post was not a comment, it was a question. I promise, if you answer mine, I'll answer yours.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
4/3/2016 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2016 4:56pm
disbanded wrote:
Just curious, why do you only tell about half of the story? What rights do you think the states were fighting for exactly? The South started...
Just curious, why do you only tell about half of the story? What rights do you think the states were fighting for exactly?

The South started a war to secede for what reason? For the right to do what?

The South started the civil war and then lost. Something to be real proud of... And yes, I have a degree in History.
I'm not claiming to tell the whole story. I was just trying to say that there was more at play and a bigger picture so to speak with a power struggle between the individual States and the national government. I say trying because clearly I failed to make my point. I did a quick search and found a quote on civilwar.org that probably articulates it better...

"While many still debate the ultimate causes of the Civil War, Pulitzer Prize-winning author James McPherson writes that, "The Civil War started because of uncompromising differences between the free and slave states over the power of the national government to prohibit slavery in the territories that had not yet become states. When Abraham Lincoln won election in 1860 as the first Republican president on a platform pledging to keep slavery out of the territories, seven slave states in the deep South seceded and formed a new nation, the Confederate States of America. The incoming Lincoln administration and most of the Northern people refused to recognize the legitimacy of secession. They feared that it would discredit democracy and create a fatal precedent that would eventually fragment the no-longer United States into several small, squabbling countries."

Motoxdoc
I believe people should be able to wave whatever flag they want but they have to be willing to accept the consequences. As I originally said I've never understood people who fly the confederate flag. I'd never fly it. I'm not a confederate. I have an American flag waving in front of my house.
wreckitrandy
4/3/2016 9:24pm
hoppsan wrote:
This thread makes me terrified of US southerners and sort of embarrassed for the MX industry. :/ How have this thread managed to stay away from...
This thread makes me terrified of US southerners and sort of embarrassed for the MX industry. :/ How have this thread managed to stay away from the dumbgeon for 3 pages?
newmann wrote:
Oh for shits sake....they call it SOUTHERN hospitality for a reason.
PFitzG38 wrote:
Only Southerners feel that way, most of the country and almost all of the world think the south is still stuck in the civil war mentality...
Only Southerners feel that way, most of the country and almost all of the world think the south is still stuck in the civil war mentality. "Don't get rid of your confederate money, the south will rise again"

Southern Pride, Southern Hospitality is great if your a white southerner. Not so much if your a Yankee or minority, trust me I know from experience.

Basically an embarrassment to the rest of the country.
I can't speak for the rest of the redneck, backwoods, inbred, southern boys that waste their time here but personally, I'm distraught and may not sleep tonight over the thought of being an embarrassment to the rest of the country.
Motoxdoc
4/3/2016 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2016 10:28pm
JQ wrote:
"Beasley says that, as a Civil War historian, he was angry that the flag had been desecrated by Dylann Roof, the white man charged in last...
"Beasley says that, as a Civil War historian, he was angry that the flag had been desecrated by Dylann Roof, the white man charged in last year’s deadly shootings at a black church in Charleston, South Carolina."

No Jonathan, I believe slavery, lynchings and the KKK did a good job of desecrating the flag.
reded wrote:
Are you insuinating that blacks would have been better off had they not been brought to America? If that's true, would they mind going back?
reded - "My post was not a comment, it was a question. I promise, if you answer mine, I'll answer yours."

Are you trying to hold your answer to my question (regarding being allowed to display a racist symbol) as hostage, in return for my answer to your racist questions above? First of all, I can guess your answer to my question is yes….fly that flag freely. Secondly, your racist question doesn’t deserve an answer. What it deserves is to be attributed to you and used as a teaching tool.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/4/2016 7:35am
JQ wrote:
"Beasley says that, as a Civil War historian, he was angry that the flag had been desecrated by Dylann Roof, the white man charged in last...
"Beasley says that, as a Civil War historian, he was angry that the flag had been desecrated by Dylann Roof, the white man charged in last year’s deadly shootings at a black church in Charleston, South Carolina."

No Jonathan, I believe slavery, lynchings and the KKK did a good job of desecrating the flag.
reded wrote:
Are you insuinating that blacks would have been better off had they not been brought to America? If that's true, would they mind going back?
Motoxdoc wrote:
[b]reded[/b] - "My post was not a comment, it was a question. I promise, if you answer mine, I'll answer yours." Are you trying to hold...
reded - "My post was not a comment, it was a question. I promise, if you answer mine, I'll answer yours."

Are you trying to hold your answer to my question (regarding being allowed to display a racist symbol) as hostage, in return for my answer to your racist questions above? First of all, I can guess your answer to my question is yes….fly that flag freely. Secondly, your racist question doesn’t deserve an answer. What it deserves is to be attributed to you and used as a teaching tool.
It's simple, he means black people owe us white people a big thank you because of our kindness
hillbilly
4/5/2016 9:42am
Motoxdoc wrote:
JQ and I point out that the flag was desecrated by a racist army (that started a treasonous war which led to hundreds of thousands of...
JQ and I point out that the flag was desecrated by a racist army (that started a treasonous war which led to hundreds of thousands of lives lost), and by a “Klan” that was responsible for lynching people for no other reason than their skin color…..we pointed out that this was a bit more desecrating than a single racist killing 9 people. As you all know this is a reasonable statement…and if you don’t, then address it directly. But nooo,

hillbilly responds with, “If we remove them all,remove all confederate memorials and erase it from school history books everything will be O tA.” …and, “peckerneck”… and “Shit happens,get over it.”

….. Get over what? Those responses are either out of context, ad hominem or are just plain juvenile.

Really?....again, out of context AND ad hominem ….where’s the anger in JQ’s post? How about addressing what he said?

Same thing here! What part of JQ’s post would warrant a response like that? Can’t you guys stay focused on the subject at hand?....Whether or not we should be allowed to display a flag that represents racism and hatred….and insights violence.

That’s what you interpreted from his analogy regarding 2 different groups and their differences in holding onto racist symbols of the past? While we ARE in the same thread, your response suggests that you’re reading something that I don’t see here.

Racer 142– “Start of civil war April 12, 1861, date emancipation proclaimation took effect January 1, 1963. At the start of the civil war it was legal to own slaves in BOTH the north and the south. The north didn't have nearly as many because it was a mainly industrial economy whereas the south was mainly agricultural but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.”……

Thank you for sharing that bit of history with me Racer142, but not for the ignorant snide comment at the end.….But that did NOT address my argument, let alone get in the way. I’m not even sure what your point is. If you don’t think the civil war was fought over slavery…or you think you should be allowed to fly a symbol of racism that strikes fear and anger in some, and pride and anger in others; just say so!

Then reded’s comment?! " Are you insuinating that blacks would have been better off had they not been brought to America? If that's true, would they mind going back? “

This thread should stay alive, if for no other reason, so we can use your comment as an example……there goes any political aspirations you had. I suppose next you’re going to tell us you have black friends…and that you know of black people who fly the confederate flag....other then Kanye West….lol.

Many of the responses here are ad hominem, diversions or just flat out strange; it’s like we're in a parallel universe reading the same thread, but to some of you guys the words have different meanings then what they’re already known to have.

To stay true to this thread, how about taking a vote? Who thinks we should be allowed to display a symbol of racism and who thinks that is wrong?

Me personally….No!

I see we have been properly placed in the dumbgeon but not completely deleted….hurray!

It is on his avatar, thought he lived by it.

I love this place,people all bent because the way i think or he thinks. I can check in on mornings ,smile,check back in hours later and the same people are still bent. Cracks me up to think how much time the bent person wasted thinking about here.

Hey,don't like me or don't like the south then stay the hell away,we wont miss you.

Do carry on though.
huck
4/5/2016 10:37am
APLMAN99 wrote:

731chopper wrote:
I never said slavery wasn't part of it. I said saying it was only about that would be narrow minded because it is only telling part...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Slavery was THE issue, not simply "a part of it". Read the Articles of Secession from each state. It becomes very clear that slavery was the...

Read the Articles of Secession from each state. It becomes very clear that slavery was the issue, any other issues that are used to try to justify the actions of the confederate states are directly tied to slavery.
So in addition to knowing everything about billionaire weddings, you know why people/can read their minds, 150 years ago, did something....
Motoxdoc
4/5/2016 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2016 12:50pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
JQ and I point out that the flag was desecrated by a racist army (that started a treasonous war which led to hundreds of thousands of...

Me personally….No!

hillbilly wrote:
It is on his avatar, thought he lived by it. I love this place,people all bent because the way i think or he thinks. I can...
It is on his avatar, thought he lived by it.

I love this place,people all bent because the way i think or he thinks. I can check in on mornings ,smile,check back in hours later and the same people are still bent. Cracks me up to think how much time the bent person wasted thinking about here.

Hey,don't like me or don't like the south then stay the hell away,we wont miss you.

Do carry on though.
Now your reply's are to peoples avatar's rather then their posts? "Bent person"? Sure it's starting to get a little old with my points going right over your head, your ad hominem attacks and your inability to reply sensibly; but make no mistake, jostling with your ignorance is quite entertaining to me. I didn't say I don't like the south......where did you get THAT from. Your intellect continues to fail you.
APLMAN99
4/5/2016 1:22pm
731chopper wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Slavery was THE issue, not simply "a part of it". Read the Articles of Secession from each state. It becomes very clear that slavery was the...

huck wrote:
So in addition to knowing everything about billionaire weddings, you know why people/can read their minds, 150 years ago, did something....
Reading minds? You must be confused. The words that they wrote negate any need for mind reading.......
huck
4/5/2016 1:34pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

huck wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Reading minds? You must be confused. The words that they wrote negate any need for mind reading.......
It had 10000% more to do with states rights, than it did slavery. The states thought they should have the right to decide what was best for their states. They feared more/bigger government.
APLMAN99
4/5/2016 1:38pm
huck wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
huck wrote:
It had 10000% more to do with states rights, than it did slavery. The states thought they should have the right to decide what was best...
It had 10000% more to do with states rights, than it did slavery. The states thought they should have the right to decide what was best for their states. They feared more/bigger government.
Now that's some real crazy mind reading shit right there!

And it completely ignores the reasons given by the states themselves in their articles of secession.
huck
4/5/2016 1:52pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Now that's some real crazy mind reading shit right there!

And it completely ignores the reasons given by the states themselves in their articles of secession.
lol.
peelout
4/5/2016 3:07pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/03/130367/s1200_29_southern_girl_with_a_rebel_ass.jpg[/img]

i'd pole the shit out of that flag, bro
tuggy450
4/5/2016 7:34pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/04/03/130367/s1200_29_southern_girl_with_a_rebel_ass.jpg[/img]

peelout wrote:
nothing offensive about them shorts..i guess that wraps up the discussion for all of the offended .

maybe they can play soccer...and all get their trophies...
KMC440
4/9/2016 1:27am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2016 2:30am

peelout wrote:
X marks the spot Peely.

For the record, I like to ad hominy to my chili. Yum

jmx411
4/29/2016 7:24am
I've been to many areas of this great country and I can tell you there are more backwoods, whitetrash, redneck, racists in the northeast than here in South Carolina. The worst has to be western New York. I thought I was country until I spent a summer there.
Uncle Tony
5/2/2016 7:51am
jmx411 wrote:
I've been to many areas of this great country and I can tell you there are more backwoods, whitetrash, redneck, racists in the northeast than here...
I've been to many areas of this great country and I can tell you there are more backwoods, whitetrash, redneck, racists in the northeast than here in South Carolina. The worst has to be western New York. I thought I was country until I spent a summer there.
Gotta go with you on this! Western and upstate New York frightens me
hvaughn88
5/2/2016 11:21am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2016 11:24am
jmx411 wrote:
I've been to many areas of this great country and I can tell you there are more backwoods, whitetrash, redneck, racists in the northeast than here...
It's funny you mention that. I have a buddy that's in the air force and has lived in Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana and Tonawanda (near Buffalo) and he says the same exact thing. He said the Buffalo area is the most racist place he's ever lived. (and of course, i realize not every that lives there is a racist, so don't get offended. Don't get mad at me Mr. X, haha)

Post a reply to: Budd's Creek Jonathan Beasely In the News

The Latest