Bubba's take

devonb
2/16/2011 5:57am
jeffro503 wrote:
I like the one comment after the video : Anonymous User3:02 pm [b]In case you wanted to let him know youre sorry you blew his knee...
I like the one comment after the video : Anonymous User3:02 pm
In case you wanted to let him know youre sorry you blew his knee out , his name was Jason Thomas.
X2 - Jason Thomas has been around for a long time and a GREAT guy and racer. What is a shame to me is JBS lands...
X2 - Jason Thomas has been around for a long time and a GREAT guy and racer. What is a shame to me is JBS lands on a guy and INJURES him and didn't even care enough to get his name and see if he was OK. Just common decency, I would think.
Friday wrote:
Well,JS looked like he barely had time to shower,eat,change clothes and cool down so he probably had no time to find out which one of his...
Well,JS looked like he barely had time to shower,eat,change clothes and cool down so he probably had no time to find out which one of his buddies he landed on.Dizzy

But seriously.A simple "I feel really bad about Jason. I came up on him fast and he cased the double. I had no time to react and I apologize to him for the accident. My bad." Might keep some fans. This shrugging stuff off(accident,racing incident,or not) is not winning fans.IMHO.

Oh,well. Next! Tongue
Or how about "Sorry I can't even do a double and screwed up the rythem section and almost completely stopped right in front of you James"?
johansen
2/16/2011 5:58am
SMITH201 wrote:
Im wondering if James is ging for 72 wins, or 72 riders landed on?

RC- check
Partridge- check
JT$- check
You should make a thread about this!
jndmx
2/16/2011 6:22am
SMITH201 wrote:
Im wondering if James is ging for 72 wins, or 72 riders landed on?

RC- check
Partridge- check
JT$- check
johansen wrote:
You should make a thread about this!
Make 2
2/16/2011 7:39am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 7:57am
lucero10x wrote:
I have been racing since 89.
...and in those 22 years have you ever had to follow two racers in to a rhythm section like that at professional race pace, pick a rut and a predetermined rhythm and hope the person in front of you doesn't fuck up or get in your line? I haven't. I've never raced on a legitimate SX track with 19 other guys so I can't really say how hard it is. It's hard enough for me to ride around local ones by myself. When he committed Thomas was pretty far ahead. When he got to the lip, already committed, Thomas had already botched the entire rhythm for all intensive purposes. That same rutted lip took out Windham and almost cost Trey the win. Racing incident. Move on.

If this situation played out the exact opposite you people would still be blaming James for getting in Jason's way.

The Shop

lucero10x
2/16/2011 7:56am
lucero10x wrote:
I have been racing since 89.
...and in those 22 years have you ever had to follow two racers in to a rhythm section like that at professional race pace, pick a...
...and in those 22 years have you ever had to follow two racers in to a rhythm section like that at professional race pace, pick a rut and a predetermined rhythm and hope the person in front of you doesn't fuck up or get in your line? I haven't. I've never raced on a legitimate SX track with 19 other guys so I can't really say how hard it is. It's hard enough for me to ride around local ones by myself. When he committed Thomas was pretty far ahead. When he got to the lip, already committed, Thomas had already botched the entire rhythm for all intensive purposes. That same rutted lip took out Windham and almost cost Trey the win. Racing incident. Move on.

If this situation played out the exact opposite you people would still be blaming James for getting in Jason's way.
Seriously, dick wad. Move on.

I guess you didn't read my first post. Bottom line, if JS doesn't take away any sort of knowledge, any nugget of information. Any further insight into racing from behind then too bad for him. Racing incidents happen because someone fucks up. Maybe two people, maybe more. My only point from the beginning is the big #7 should learn something from this experience and take it into next weekend.

I am not crucifying the guy, I absolutely love the guy and his riding. I can't believe the number of jaggoffs wanting to hang me because I think this is a learning moment for James. They act like he is beyond learning since he is already the fastest. Well, if he is, we can go ahead and crown someone else the 2011 champion because those kind of decisions won't cut it with the depth of field in 2011. Exhale, now I am over it, officially.
Friday
2/16/2011 8:12am
X2 - Jason Thomas has been around for a long time and a GREAT guy and racer. What is a shame to me is JBS lands...
X2 - Jason Thomas has been around for a long time and a GREAT guy and racer. What is a shame to me is JBS lands on a guy and INJURES him and didn't even care enough to get his name and see if he was OK. Just common decency, I would think.
Friday wrote:
Well,JS looked like he barely had time to shower,eat,change clothes and cool down so he probably had no time to find out which one of his...
Well,JS looked like he barely had time to shower,eat,change clothes and cool down so he probably had no time to find out which one of his buddies he landed on.Dizzy

But seriously.A simple "I feel really bad about Jason. I came up on him fast and he cased the double. I had no time to react and I apologize to him for the accident. My bad." Might keep some fans. This shrugging stuff off(accident,racing incident,or not) is not winning fans.IMHO.

Oh,well. Next! Tongue
devonb wrote:
Or how about "Sorry I can't even do a double and screwed up the rythem section and almost completely stopped right in front of you James"?
Yeah,and rape victims should probably apologize to rapists for dressing too provocatively.Dry
OldPro277
2/16/2011 10:22am
I believe everyone is missing the point of this thread........and that is to investigate the activity going on in bsm121's avatar.
jndmx
2/16/2011 10:36am
kongols wrote:
Matthes is gonna get slammed about this. On his defense he`s not a racer like all the guy`s here.WhistlingDry
http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/02/16/observations-houston
Good write up.

Best quote....
"So from potentially riding the anything-goes-including-stabbing-your-mom LCQ to the third spot on the box is a great victory for Blake and he’s right in this thing!"
curmudgeon
2/16/2011 11:05am
Remember when he pulled onto the track in front of Preston sorry!
When Preston was jumping a double on a yellow flag.
kongols
2/16/2011 11:08am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2011 11:17am
Remember when he pulled onto the track in front of Preston sorry!
curmudgeon wrote:
When Preston was jumping a double on a yellow flag.
It doesn`t matter . Even if it was other way around it still would be Stewart`s fault.
LoudLove
2/16/2011 11:22am
It's legal to jump doubles under yellow in the pros. Only have to roll jumps under red flag/red cross conditions
Racer92
2/16/2011 12:22pm
" After a great jump out of the gate"

Yeah right !

Post a reply to: Bubba's take

The Latest