Bubba the real numbers

jeffro503
3/31/2015 6:46am
huck wrote:
304 points > 273 points shows that Dungey 'waxed' Stewart a lot more times than the opposite....
Flex wrote:
1 win compared to 5.
Do manufactures care more about single wins then championships?

James has had an amazing career and thankfully it isn't over with. His " go for broke " type racing has definitely been something to watch. I think that the most impressive thing about James isn't the amount of championships he's won , or single wins he's had......I think it all boils down to " Longevity ". He's had quite a long career and it's amazing to see how much hunger and passion the dude still has for the sport.

He has had some of the most wicked wrecks I've seen any rider in the past 30yrs have , and he just keeps on a lickin'. Over his total career , it's also amazing that his stats show that he has a 9th place average. I would not of thought that.

BTW...isn't today , THE DAY that the court / FIM were supposed to make their ruling? I thought it was set for March 30 / 31st?
nytsmaC
3/31/2015 6:53am
Stew has 2 SX titles, twice as many as Dungey. Whistling
Flex
3/31/2015 6:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
Do manufactures care more about [b]single wins[/b] then [b]championships?[/b] James has had an amazing career and thankfully it isn't over with. His " go for broke...
Do manufactures care more about single wins then championships?

James has had an amazing career and thankfully it isn't over with. His " go for broke " type racing has definitely been something to watch. I think that the most impressive thing about James isn't the amount of championships he's won , or single wins he's had......I think it all boils down to " Longevity ". He's had quite a long career and it's amazing to see how much hunger and passion the dude still has for the sport.

He has had some of the most wicked wrecks I've seen any rider in the past 30yrs have , and he just keeps on a lickin'. Over his total career , it's also amazing that his stats show that he has a 9th place average. I would not of thought that.

BTW...isn't today , THE DAY that the court / FIM were supposed to make their ruling? I thought it was set for March 30 / 31st?
Dungey didnt win the championship last year either.
FroDiddy
3/31/2015 7:10am
Dungey is consistent. Has been his entire career. He'd be the favorite to win the 2015 SX title Stewart or no Stewart and will be favored again in 2016, but don't kid yourselves into thinking he'd have as many run away victories with James on the gate. It wouldn't happen and ain't gonna happen in 2016.

The Shop

huck
3/31/2015 7:21am
nytsmaC wrote:
* cheater
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/31/2015 7:25am
nytsmaC wrote:
huck wrote:
* cheater
Strange that you're aloud to post here but Lenny isn't. Besides, his championships were won before he started taking Adderall.
As a matter of fact his career was much better before then. But you keep hating, you've always been good at it.
nytsmaC
3/31/2015 7:26am
And as a JS supporter, no, I don't think he could have stopped Dungey from winning this championship. It's just unfortunate that we didn't get to see him racing, and most likely winning as many races or more than anyone else. When Dungey has a bad day, he finishes 6th. James has a bad day and comes in 16th. That difference is obviously why Dungey is such a difficult opponent over the course of a 17 race series, and he deserves every accolade for his success.
RandyS
3/31/2015 7:35am
RandyS wrote:
I believe he was 10th best in the 2005 series. They don't give payouts for being the fastest. I didn't start the thread. I have no...
I believe he was 10th best in the 2005 series. They don't give payouts for being the fastest. I didn't start the thread. I have no problem with James Stewart, at one point he was one of my favorite riders. I have a problem with fanboys who want to award him honors he never earned, taking away from the riders who did earn them.
kongols wrote:
Give me example.
Actually, give this one another day.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/31/2015 7:36am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Strange that you're aloud to post here but Lenny isn't. Besides, his championships were won before he started taking Adderall. As a matter of fact his...
Strange that you're aloud to post here but Lenny isn't. Besides, his championships were won before he started taking Adderall.
As a matter of fact his career was much better before then. But you keep hating, you've always been good at it.
In this case, I don't see any "hating" from huck. He's just defending Dungey after someone keeps saying he was "waxed" but came out ahead of James on points.
RandyS
3/31/2015 7:39am
nytsmaC wrote:
Here is a different set of numbers. Not a hall of famer, my ass.

Other thread
I'm going to assume that is directed toward me, please point to where I ever said he's not a hall of famer.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/31/2015 7:39am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Strange that you're aloud to post here but Lenny isn't. Besides, his championships were won before he started taking Adderall. As a matter of fact his...
ML512 wrote:
In this case, I don't see any "hating" from huck. He's just defending Dungey after someone keeps saying he was "waxed" but came out ahead of...
In this case, I don't see any "hating" from huck. He's just defending Dungey after someone keeps saying he was "waxed" but came out ahead of James on points.
Ah yes WhistlingLaughing smh
huck
3/31/2015 7:42am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2015 7:43am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
In this case, I don't see any "hating" from huck. He's just defending Dungey after someone keeps saying he was "waxed" but came out ahead of...
Thank you.

The funny thing is, I don't 'hate' or even 'dislike' James. It's his rabid fans, like the one above, that I despise. Goodness, I make 1 comment (a joke) about him being a 'cheater' and this guy takes his shirt off.....

Also, how do you know when James started taking Adderall, or that he ever took it?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
3/31/2015 7:45am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
huck wrote:
Thank you. The funny thing is, I don't 'hate' or even 'dislike' James. It's his rabid fans, like the one above, that I despise. Goodness, I...
Thank you.

The funny thing is, I don't 'hate' or even 'dislike' James. It's his rabid fans, like the one above, that I despise. Goodness, I make 1 comment (a joke) about him being a 'cheater' and this guy takes his shirt off.....

Also, how do you know when James started taking Adderall, or that he ever took it?
In the TWMX interview he said Coy Gibbs told him to get tested in 2012, and that's when he started taking it. I take these guys at their word and don't speculate on who's doping or taking prescribed medications.
Ing
3/31/2015 8:10am
nytsmaC wrote:
huck wrote:
* cheater
gsxrcr28 wrote:
How do you know when he started taking Adderall? I'm sure that RD could run JS pace if he wanted to fall down as much as Stewie.
3/31/2015 8:41am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2015 8:42am
huck wrote:
2nd in points compared to 4th in points.
wrong quote. disregard this post
huck
3/31/2015 8:41am
huck wrote:
2nd in points compared to 4th in points.
wrong quote. disregard this post
LOL!
Steakhead
3/31/2015 8:44am
Flex wrote:
I think the main thing is he would add to the competition. 5 Wins last year compared to Dungeys 1... Hard to say Stewart would not...
I think the main thing is he would add to the competition. 5 Wins last year compared to Dungeys 1... Hard to say Stewart would not beat him a bunch.

And Common "A main or 2" the guy Smoked Dungey a bunch last year, more than Dungey smoked him. Dungey was just way more consistent.
THIS.. it sure would have been nice to see some more of this..
3/31/2015 8:44am
Ing wrote:
How do you know when he started taking Adderall? I'm sure that RD could run JS pace if he wanted to fall down as much as...
How do you know when he started taking Adderall? I'm sure that RD could run JS pace if he wanted to fall down as much as Stewie.
He said he started in 2012 outdoors I think, maybe 2013 and he said that he sucked the seasons he started taking it so it showed that it didnt give him an advantage. Mentions it in the TWMX article
urbanlift707
3/31/2015 8:46am
I'm a huge Js fan, the dunge is neither good nor bad to me. He's just a solid dude, who this year seems to be the best yet. He's earned this sucker 110%. In regards to last year wasn't js ahead of dunge in points until he twisted his knee at New York and missed the last two round? That was a pretty freak accident too, without that I think he would have easily finished second last year and to me (huge js fan) was clearly better than dunge.
But that is a problem with js, something always just happens. 2016 should be fun!
jeffro503
3/31/2015 8:47am
@Flex.....what does your reply have anything to do with what i wrote?
MiSledder
3/31/2015 8:48am
Thankfully I don't buy T shirts based on riders results
peelout
3/31/2015 8:52am
what, no i hadn't heard that
phantom 662
3/31/2015 10:08am
JS7 and RD5.... Two bad ass riders. James has talent and skills which are unmatched. However, Stats are stubborn little pieces of truth that don't ever go away. You may add to them but not subtract. RD has his own skills as well. Perhaps not as visually spectacular but extremely effective where it counts. For example, Dungey at this point has never raced a semi under the altered SX rules from the beginning of 2014. That's 30 straight heat races without a glitch with only 6 laps to place 4th or better. No other rider has even come close to that. Ya don't win anything for this stat of course but it speaks volumes . Stewart would kill for that! I imagine James has wowed RD too many times to count with stunning and spectacular moves both on and off the track. God I love this sport!
3/31/2015 10:12am
huck wrote:
304 points > 273 points shows that Dungey 'waxed' Stewart a lot more times than the opposite....
No. Dungey finished ahead of Stewart 7 times in 17 races.

2 of the 7, Stewart didn't make it past lap 2 from a fudged knee.
1 of the 7, he immediately hit his pipe on a downed bike and had to pull off.
Another of the 7, he was put on the ground in the first corner by a 250 rider trying to get his feet wet in the big boy class (Seely).

Keep joking, but you're not funny.
huck
3/31/2015 10:34am
huck wrote:
No. Dungey finished ahead of Stewart 7 times in 17 races. 2 of the 7, Stewart didn't make it past lap 2 from a fudged knee...

Another of the 7, he was put on the ground in the first corner by a 250 rider trying to get his feet wet in the big boy class (Seely).

Dungey has finished ahead of Stewart EVERY year that he has been in the 450 class. Sometimes facts aren't funny, to those who choose to ignore them...

*excuses -
3/31/2015 10:52am
huck wrote:
Dungey has finished ahead of Stewart EVERY year that he has been in the 450 class. Sometimes facts aren't funny, to those who choose to ignore...
Dungey has finished ahead of Stewart EVERY year that he has been in the 450 class. Sometimes facts aren't funny, to those who choose to ignore them...

*excuses -
Let me try again. You said Dungey "waxed" Stewart more times than the other way around. I pointed out that Dungey beat Stewart in 7 of 17 races last year.

That is not a majority. You are the one ignoring things. You are not a mathematical wizard like me. And you're not funny.
huck
3/31/2015 10:55am
huck wrote:
Dungey has finished ahead of Stewart EVERY year that he has been in the 450 class. Sometimes facts aren't funny, to those who choose to ignore...

*excuses -
Let me try again. You said Dungey "waxed" Stewart more times than the other way around. I pointed out that Dungey beat Stewart in 7 of...
Let me try again. You said Dungey "waxed" Stewart more times than the other way around. I pointed out that Dungey beat Stewart in 7 of 17 races last year.

That is not a majority. You are the one ignoring things. You are not a mathematical wizard like me. And you're not funny.
You're right, I'm not a 'mathematical wizard'...so explain to he how 272 is better than 304...without making excuses.

I've never heard a rider say..."I don't care about the championship, all I want to do is win the race, or crash trying" (unless that rider is already so far out of the championship to matter)

To me, Dungey "waxed" Stewart by 32 points that year...
peelout
3/31/2015 11:05am
No. Dungey finished ahead of Stewart 7 times in 17 races. 2 of the 7, Stewart didn't make it past lap 2 from a fudged knee...

Post a reply to: Bubba the real numbers

The Latest