Bubba Stewart, Fastest Couch Potatoe on Earth

`ol Ger
4/12/2010 7:34pm
I disagree with your post title !!!!!!!!!!!! (I think it's potato)

Smile

oG
MxDaD324
4/12/2010 7:40pm
Hes from Washington of course he's dangling from RV "Pota-toe" sac!! LMAO!!
Void Main
4/12/2010 7:40pm
`ol Ger wrote:
I disagree with your post title !!!!!!!!!!!! (I think it's potato)

Smile

oG
I guess we've figured out the true identity of THEGOAT.

The Shop

Racer111
4/12/2010 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2010 8:09pm
THEGOAT wrote:
Jesus! I read some of these other threads and some of you guys act as if Bubba can't be beat, but here he is, sittin on...
Jesus! I read some of these other threads and some of you guys act as if Bubba can't be beat, but here he is, sittin on the Couch watchin himself on TV complain about how he's Burned out on Bubba's World and doesn't wanna race anymore, ESPECIALLY outdoors. Heck!!! RC raced EVERYTHING SX and MX for 10 Straight years and won 16 AMA titles, RV is every bit as fast as RC was outdoors and some of you guys act as if Stewart would come straight in and go 24-0. I'm tella ya RIGHT!!!! now, Bubba shows up and he'll get his Ass handed to him at Hangtown by Villopoto on a 450.
Did you know you were adopted? JS Senior is your real father.
DanDunes818
4/12/2010 8:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:05pm
It's easy to say someone like JS would whoop RV 's ass outdoors when they'll never be proved wrong because it's not going to happen. It's as good as saying Stanton would beat RV outdoors. We all know just like RV and JS Stanton and RV outdoors will never race.

What I want to know is why are JS's fans so loyal when the guy never races. If my favorite racer sat on the couch,partied and rolled around in the money he made from the products I bought supporting him and never raced outdoors I'd find a new favorite rider. The guys has done nothing in a year for his fans and now when he has a chance to race outdoors he says he can't afford it. lol

The guys a joke...
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
4/12/2010 8:43pm
It's easy to say someone like JS would whoop RV 's ass outdoors when they'll never be proved wrong because it's not going to happen. It's...
It's easy to say someone like JS would whoop RV 's ass outdoors when they'll never be proved wrong because it's not going to happen. It's as good as saying Stanton would beat RV outdoors. We all know just like RV and JS Stanton and RV outdoors will never race.

What I want to know is why are JS's fans so loyal when the guy never races. If my favorite racer sat on the couch,partied and rolled around in the money he made from the products I bought supporting him and never raced outdoors I'd find a new favorite rider. The guys has done nothing in a year for his fans and now when he has a chance to race outdoors he says he can't afford it. lol

The guys a joke...
So RV and JS will never race each other? Man that is some crystal ball you have there, I guess it says what you want it to say.

Was MC and CR a joke?

GBO91
4/12/2010 8:45pm
I clearly remember a Bubba comment back from when motonews first busted out heavy and he was still 259 that went something like "Yeah, I don't care anything about those guys online. They just sit on their couch and eat nachos and complain about the riders." Now, he is sittin' right beside all of us. Pass the salsa Mack. Back then he still wanted to race.
grimey
4/12/2010 8:53pm
It's easy to say someone like JS would whoop RV 's ass outdoors when they'll never be proved wrong because it's not going to happen. It's...

The guys a joke...
Why are JS fans so loyal? Because the fucking guy rides a dirt bike like nobody else ever, that's why.
MXR
4/12/2010 9:00pm
Fastest man to ever crash a motorcycle out of multiple championships .
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/12/2010 9:20pm
Got a wrist that James can borrow, until his is healed?
DanDunes818
4/13/2010 12:58am
GuyB wrote:
Got a wrist that James can borrow, until his is healed?
Guy obviously he can't race w/a broken wrist I'm talking about when he's healthy not racing outdoors. Lat year and probably this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and he's at Hangtown ready to throw down.
Racer111
4/13/2010 5:44am
Just so everyone knows, the bone that James broke in his wrist is a real pain in the ass bone to break. I broke my scaphoid (Navicular 3rd) and I was in a cast for 4 months. I have had 2 surgeries on it. The first surgery was 4 hours. This bone gets little to 0 blood supply to heal. It is a very time consuming process. The worst bone in the body to break. Look it up. The fact that James will be cleared to even start riding soon is an amazingly short period for this kind of break.

Cut him some slack.

He does not deserve all the hate he gets on here. The guy has won every title there is to win, has countless records and has brought the sport to another level. You have to respect that. Of course we all want to see him racing, but the man deserves some rest if he wants it and you should just respect it. When have you ever seen the guy show up and NOT race when he is there? The guy always puts it on the line.
tang
4/13/2010 6:27am
"Racer111 wrote: When have you ever seen the guy show up and NOT race when he is there? The guy always puts it on the line."

When he shows up!

I agree that his injury is a hard one to have with healing and all that junk, but he was perfectly healthy for last years MX season.
Racer111
4/13/2010 6:55am
tang wrote:
"Racer111 wrote: When have you ever seen the guy show up and NOT race when he is there? The guy always puts it on the line."...
"Racer111 wrote: When have you ever seen the guy show up and NOT race when he is there? The guy always puts it on the line."

When he shows up!

I agree that his injury is a hard one to have with healing and all that junk, but he was perfectly healthy for last years MX season.
I said when he IS there. He has a SX only contract for 2 years. You can't blame him for last year. If he didn't have the budget or support, there wasn't anything he could do last year and he is at the mercy of the team this year.

Reed, MC, Windham have all has SX only deals either presently or in the past and look at them now. No one says anything about Windham, Reed came back and won the Championship last year. Cut JS some slack. Taking ONE summer off in 21 years isn't asking to much!
mjskier
4/13/2010 7:23am
The guy has won every title there is to win... in the US. If he wanted to one up RC he should go to Europe and win an FIM title. There is nothing else for him to prove in the US: You can't top a perfect season.
Plus we are better off with him on the couch than on the track. Knowing who is going to win before the race starts is kind of boring.
Outsider
4/13/2010 7:30am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:05pm
James has the right to do whatever the heck he wants, but, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the question, "why go SX only right after a perfect outdoor season?"

You can't use MC or CR as an example, because neither one of those guys had that much raw speed outdoors, yes, I know they both haul ass, but relatively speaking, of course.

Some have also said that the L&M deal was the only one James could get... that is a tough one to believe, but I guess it's possible.

Would we like to see James race and support the outdoors? I sure would, but I'm personally not going to lose any sleep if he doesn't. I think a lot of fans can't understand why a gifted athlete in his prime would give away a championship he clearly could've won, and won't have that many more chances to get, isn't that an easy one to understand?
tang
4/13/2010 7:31am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:05pm
Racer111 wrote:
I said when he IS there. He has a SX only contract for 2 years. You can't blame him for last year. If he didn't have...
I said when he IS there. He has a SX only contract for 2 years. You can't blame him for last year. If he didn't have the budget or support, there wasn't anything he could do last year and he is at the mercy of the team this year.

Reed, MC, Windham have all has SX only deals either presently or in the past and look at them now. No one says anything about Windham, Reed came back and won the Championship last year. Cut JS some slack. Taking ONE summer off in 21 years isn't asking to much!
Didn't have the budget or support? Sell a couple of your Audis or Lambos and you could race for a season.

If James was motivated he could make anything happen. The GOAT proved that.

I think what makes people mad about this situation is that they would kill to be in Jame's position. They see him f'ing it away and it makes them angry or jealous.

Kinda like j-law (to a point). Wasting time, talent and opportunities.

All that being said, I would probably take some time off to enjoy my life a little too; if I were in that position.

`ol Ger
4/13/2010 7:33am
I don't believe that Stewart could take an MX championship from Ryan Villopoto. It would be fun to watch them go at it nonetheless. That is probably what disappoints fans - being denied the opportunity to see them battle it out.

TWicks
4/13/2010 8:40am
Man...some of you guys are unreal.

James has been racing and training year-round since he was probably about 7 or 8...can you blame him for wanting to take the time off?

I think if some of you understood the amount of work it takes to compete at that level you might cut him some slack. Do you realize that the training it takes is literally like torture sometimes? I'm talking about working out so hard and pushing yourself to the point that you are throwing up or even passing out sometimes! Not to mention a brutal riding schedule of pushing yourself to the limit damn near every time you touch the bike...

Most of you guys that are giving him crap probably think it's an accomplishment to finish two 5 lap motos mid pack in the B class on Sunday.

James is living the dream, he has put in the work it takes to put himself in a financial situation that he can work (aka race) whenever he wants...I guarantee any of you would do the same thing if you could.

Who cares if he is giving up titles he could win, he obviously doesn't want to and that's his choice.

Go ahead and flame away at me, but some of you guys need to get a life and quit giving James shit for his decisions...why not just enjoy the awesome racing we are getting right now?
4/13/2010 8:42am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:05pm
What other teams did James have beating on his door with a contract in hand as lucrative as L & M's?
4/13/2010 9:00am
James is doing more running and cycling and weigh training than any one on here.

Also working on a tv show and contracts and stuff. He's busy even when he is "on the couch"
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/13/2010 9:19am
How many of you would have given MC the same amount of crap that you're giving Bubba now for being a Supercross-only guy?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Void Main
4/13/2010 9:30am
GuyB wrote:
How many of you would have given MC the same amount of crap that you're giving Bubba now for being a Supercross-only guy? Yeah, I didn't...
How many of you would have given MC the same amount of crap that you're giving Bubba now for being a Supercross-only guy?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Many of them gave it to Chad.
wilcom121
4/13/2010 9:42am
THEGOAT wrote:
Jesus! I read some of these other threads and some of you guys act as if Bubba can't be beat, but here he is, sittin on...
Jesus! I read some of these other threads and some of you guys act as if Bubba can't be beat, but here he is, sittin on the Couch watchin himself on TV complain about how he's Burned out on Bubba's World and doesn't wanna race anymore, ESPECIALLY outdoors. Heck!!! RC raced EVERYTHING SX and MX for 10 Straight years and won 16 AMA titles, RV is every bit as fast as RC was outdoors and some of you guys act as if Stewart would come straight in and go 24-0. I'm tella ya RIGHT!!!! now, Bubba shows up and he'll get his Ass handed to him at Hangtown by Villopoto on a 450.
you realize the whole concept of Bubba's World is based on being burnt out right? Think someone might be telling him to complain more. That the producers might air more of him laying around than actually riding to keep up the theme of the show. Kinda like the staged "I don't want to race anymore" part?

txmxer
4/13/2010 9:43am
Racer111 wrote:
I said when he IS there. He has a SX only contract for 2 years. You can't blame him for last year. If he didn't have...

I personally don't "blame" him for not riding outdoors. But, it's 100% his choice. Sponsor/money bullshit is just that.

He decided 2 years ago to not ride outdoors and he didn't last year and it doesn't appear that he will this year. The wrist issues aside, I don't think he wants to race for a title in MX anymore.

Could it be RV? Hard to say. I know a lot of James fans were pissed that RC retired before James could beat him indoors or outdoors--of course, RC did give him more than one chance in each. Why aren't they pissed about James choices today, crying about him not giving RV a chance to take the crown?
4/13/2010 10:23am
THEGOAT wrote:
wilcom121 wrote:
you realize the whole concept of Bubba's World is based on being burnt out right? Think someone might be telling him to complain more. That the...
you realize the whole concept of Bubba's World is based on being burnt out right? Think someone might be telling him to complain more. That the producers might air more of him laying around than actually riding to keep up the theme of the show. Kinda like the staged "I don't want to race anymore" part?

This!
4/13/2010 10:26am
GuyB wrote:
How many of you would have given MC the same amount of crap that you're giving Bubba now for being a Supercross-only guy? Yeah, I didn't...

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Void Main wrote:
Many of them gave it to Chad.
and too busy hating on RC in the early days when he started beating MC.

Post a reply to: Bubba Stewart, Fastest Couch Potatoe on Earth

The Latest