Anthony97
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 5:56pm
[/img][/img]
[/img]

Pics are courtesy of www.lantzermx98.com
|
Camp332
3/23/2011 10:26am
I'd like to hear, and see the video of that session.
mxb2
3/23/2011 10:26am
Where is he riding at?, What track.
BobbyM
3/23/2011 10:27am
i thought you were gonna say concussion. kid can ride a scooter with the best of em no doubt

The Shop

Anthony97
3/23/2011 10:35am
Where is he riding at?, What track.

Track name High Voltage MX Park in Ford City, PA
stillwelding
3/23/2011 10:35am
I miss Broc Hepler. He was one of the good guys, and really has tremendous potential. He's smart to stop while he's ahead.
Anthony97
3/23/2011 10:37am
i thought you were gonna say concussion. kid can ride a scooter with the best of em no doubt

HaHa I thought someone would say that. Yeah he can ride - no doubt about it. He was just ftat out flying and having alot of fun.
mcphilly
3/23/2011 10:54am
At Washuagal a few years back he was running up front battling in the top 5 with NO goggles for most of the moto. Dude is hardcore in my book
Ddavis
3/23/2011 10:58am
I met him in Vegas one time at dinner, my friend knew him so he said "Broc, meet the Davis family!". Broc's really shy and got embarrassed more than my family did! I've always liked Broc, wish he couldn't have gotton hurt so much. He barely won anything as an amateur and if not for Stewart he could have won both titles in his rookie season.
mxknowitall
3/23/2011 11:20am
Ddavis wrote:
I met him in Vegas one time at dinner, my friend knew him so he said "Broc, meet the Davis family!". Broc's really shy and got...
I met him in Vegas one time at dinner, my friend knew him so he said "Broc, meet the Davis family!". Broc's really shy and got embarrassed more than my family did! I've always liked Broc, wish he couldn't have gotton hurt so much. He barely won anything as an amateur and if not for Stewart he could have won both titles in his rookie season.
He barely won anything as an amateur? He had 4 LL's titles...
Ddavis
3/23/2011 11:24am
Ddavis wrote:
I met him in Vegas one time at dinner, my friend knew him so he said "Broc, meet the Davis family!". Broc's really shy and got...
When he turned pro he was about hyped up as Ryan Dungey was. Came in very confident and well spoken, but wasn't a dominating amateur like Mike Alessi or James Stewart.
Huckster
3/23/2011 11:28am
shift had a whole ad campaign around him....Curious what your definition of Hyped is?
donMX14
3/23/2011 11:40am
yeah he looked good on sunday. even better was the 2 stroke noise. tons of 2 strokes there on sunday.
Ddavis
3/23/2011 1:46pm
Huckster wrote:
shift had a whole ad campaign around him....Curious what your definition of Hyped is?
He wasn't hyped up as in, he came in under the radar, and killed it.
Being hyped up is like, being Justin Bogle right now, everyone thinking he's going to win everything.
Stanford
3/23/2011 1:48pm
I always liked him as well, but after what he has been through, I hope he stays away from the national level. I was always glad he walked away before it was too late.
kardy
3/23/2011 2:23pm
Ddavis wrote:
He wasn't hyped up as in, he came in under the radar, and killed it. Being hyped up is like, being Justin Bogle right now, everyone...
Being hyped up is like, being Justin Bogle right now, everyone thinking he's going to win everything.
You have an odd view of the world.
Slow
3/23/2011 2:42pm
Brock schooled all the hyped up So-Cal kids at the 2001 RM cup at Glen Helen in the 125int class,i think he was still 85cc rider at the time. It was epic.
Did Brock come back at Steel City and beat RV2 and Townley the year they battled for the title?
Ddavis
3/23/2011 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2011 2:57pm
Ddavis wrote:
He wasn't hyped up as in, he came in under the radar, and killed it. Being hyped up is like, being Justin Bogle right now, everyone...
kardy wrote:
I wasn't into the sport back around 2002-2003 when he was an amateur, I was racing cars back then. And even when he was pro I was 11-13 years old and didn't know as much about the sport. I was just a little kid who looked up to him because he came out of nowhere (to me, atleast) and killed it.

As far as being hyped up goes, if someone like Gavin Faith turned pro and was top 5 it would remind me a little bit of how Hepler was.
mxknowitall
3/23/2011 3:23pm
Ddavis wrote:
kardy wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
I wasn't into the sport back around 2002-2003 when he was an amateur, I was racing cars back then. And even when he was pro I...
I wasn't into the sport back around 2002-2003 when he was an amateur, I was racing cars back then. And even when he was pro I was 11-13 years old and didn't know as much about the sport. I was just a little kid who looked up to him because he came out of nowhere (to me, atleast) and killed it.

As far as being hyped up goes, if someone like Gavin Faith turned pro and was top 5 it would remind me a little bit of how Hepler was.
Some times you just need to learn when you're wrong and shut up. You're making yourself sound stupid comparing Broc to Gavin Faith. Broc won quite a few national championships and also the 80cc class at the Junior World Cup.

From Alli Sports website:

Amateur Career:
Broc Hepler’s amateur career was a very successful one to say the least. The Suzuki rider would earn four titles at the giant amateur race at Loretta Lynn’s ranch. At the age 11, he would claim the 65cc Stock (10-11) title, and in 1998 he would win the 85cc Stock (7-11) class. In 2001, he claimed a title in the 85cc Modified (14-15) class, and would follow that with a title in 2003’s 250 Open A class.

Hepler’s achievements in his amateur career were enough to get him noticed by the Makita Suzuki team and their manager, Roger DeCoster. Hepler was brought up into the pro ranks by the team, and showed that a successful and well-thought-out amateur career is the pathway to the big factory teams.
Switch
3/23/2011 3:42pm
Thats a bummer, a few concussions later and he ends up color blind.

Haha, kidding of course. Grew up racing against Broc and always pulled for him. I, too, was happy to see him walk away healthy and go to school. Born and raised to race and he had the common sense to realize there was life after racing that you have to be ready for. I would still like to see him show up at High-Point 2011...
jeffro503
3/23/2011 3:48pm
Gotta agree...Broc was one of the cooler dudes in this sport! he gave it everything he had , and was fast as hell when he was "ON" that night ( or day ). Always enjoyed watching him ride and always cheered for the dude.
mxknowitall
3/23/2011 3:53pm
Screw you, asshole. The kid said, "He barely won anything as an amateur." Davis is still trying to justify what he said when he was clearly talking out his ass like he normally does. Davis never said anything about hype initially. He said he barely won, when in fact Hepler was a factory Suzuki rider winning amateur nationals for years.
JB 19
3/23/2011 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2011 4:01pm
Ddavis wrote:
I wasn't into the sport back around 2002-2003 when he was an amateur, I was racing cars back then. And even when he was pro I...

I was being an ass and deleted my post...............
MXant15
Fantasy
729th
3/23/2011 4:17pm
Anthony97 wrote:
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/MXLens/MXLENS%20ALBUM%208/010_broc_hepler.jpg[/IMG][/img][img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/MXLens/MXLENS%20ALBUM%208/050_hepler_zambotti.jpg[/IMG][/img] [img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/MXLens/MXLENS%20ALBUM%208/051_hepler_zambotti.jpg[/IMG][/img] Pics are courtesy of www.lantzermx98.com
[/img][/img]
[/img]

Pics are courtesy of www.lantzermx98.com
Very nice..... Haven't seen/heard from hepler in a while..

And awesome name Anthony...
Ddavis
3/25/2011 12:07pm
Screw you, asshole. The kid said, "He barely won anything as an amateur." Davis is still trying to justify what he said when he was clearly...
Screw you, asshole. The kid said, "He barely won anything as an amateur." Davis is still trying to justify what he said when he was clearly talking out his ass like he normally does. Davis never said anything about hype initially. He said he barely won, when in fact Hepler was a factory Suzuki rider winning amateur nationals for years.
Wow guys, sorry I wasn't into motocross when Hepler was an amateur. When I got back into the sport it was around 2004 and I knew Mike Alessi and Davi Millsaps were the hyped up amateurs, but I didn't even know who Broc Hepler was and he got 2nd in his first pro race and kept Stewart honest, I remember opening up Cycle News and seeing a picture of them both side by side and since that day I've been a fan of Broc.
ZC35
3/25/2011 12:13pm
Ddavis wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
When he turned pro he was about hyped up as Ryan Dungey was. Came in very confident and well spoken, but wasn't a dominating amateur like...
When he turned pro he was about hyped up as Ryan Dungey was. Came in very confident and well spoken, but wasn't a dominating amateur like Mike Alessi or James Stewart.
No one on that starting line today had an amateur career as good as JS7 or MA800! Who cares about amateur careers!! The only thing that matters once you reach the pro level is how you race at the pro level! Guys don't get factory rides because they won the C class at Loretta's!
nytsmaC
3/25/2011 12:23pm
kardy wrote:
Ddavis wrote:

Some times you just need to learn when you're wrong and shut up. You're making yourself sound stupid comparing Broc to Gavin Faith. Broc won quite...
Some times you just need to learn when you're wrong and shut up. You're making yourself sound stupid comparing Broc to Gavin Faith. Broc won quite a few national championships and also the 80cc class at the Junior World Cup.

Amateur Career:
Broc Hepler’s amateur career was a very successful one to say the least. The Suzuki rider would earn four titles at the giant amateur race at Loretta Lynn’s ranch. At the age 11, he would claim the 65cc Stock (10-11) title, and in 1998 he would win the 85cc Stock (7-11) class. In 2001, he claimed a title in the 85cc Modified (14-15) class, and would follow that with a title in 2003’s 250 Open A class.

Hepler’s achievements in his amateur career were enough to get him noticed by the Makita Suzuki team and their manager, Roger DeCoster. Hepler was brought up into the pro ranks by the team, and showed that a successful and well-thought-out amateur career is the pathway to the big factory teams.
You were racing cars 8-9 years ago? Aren't you like 15?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
3/25/2011 12:26pm
Huckster wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
He didn't come in under the radar. His debut out of LL was as watched as anyone's.

Miss him racing; a great competitor.
Ddavis
3/25/2011 12:27pm
Ddavis wrote:

Some times you just need to learn when you're wrong and shut up. You're making yourself sound stupid comparing Broc to Gavin Faith. Broc won quite...

Amateur Career:

nytsmaC wrote:
Quarter Midgets

I was one of the most dominate racers in California. I won everything.
ZC35
3/25/2011 12:28pm
nytsmaC wrote:
he was racing hot wheels Wink

Post a reply to: Broc Hepler still got it....

The Latest