Brian Hsu 81

mxjon454
Edited Date/Time 10/2/2016 5:03pm
Im not sure if this has been mentioned on vital but i was reading transworlds silly season guide and they had mentioned that suzuki is trying to get Brian Hsu over here possibly on the motorcycle superstore team if its factory backed. Is there any truth to this? I know he had a year to forget because of injuries, but isnt he one of the up and coming young talents in europe? Be interesting to see what he can do if he does come over, and to see if those suzukis get more competitive. Maybe put him on RCH or JGR are their 250 rider.
|
51xc
10/2/2016 5:53pm
well hsu wants to come to the usa and one of the suzuki world team staff will help him to find a ride, no matter what brand but obviously they want him ideally on suzuki. I think they were set to have some talks starting september.
xK-Ix
10/2/2016 6:10pm
51xc wrote:
well hsu wants to come to the usa and one of the suzuki world team staff will help him to find a ride, no matter what...
well hsu wants to come to the usa and one of the suzuki world team staff will help him to find a ride, no matter what brand but obviously they want him ideally on suzuki. I think they were set to have some talks starting september.
I thought it was the other way round. He wants to race in the US and would like to ride a Suzuki but did not get a ride and is probably going to race in europe again?

But just rumors, I dont know anything ...
mxjon454
10/2/2016 6:42pm
51xc wrote:
well hsu wants to come to the usa and one of the suzuki world team staff will help him to find a ride, no matter what...
xK-Ix wrote:
I thought it was the other way round. He wants to race in the US and would like to ride a Suzuki but did not get...
I thought it was the other way round. He wants to race in the US and would like to ride a Suzuki but did not get a ride and is probably going to race in europe again?

In the twmx piece it said that Hsu has a long term deal with world suzuki or suzuki japan, not just that particular team in europe. I remember decoster saying that when he was the manager at suzuki they wanted to bring roczen over, but suzuki didnt want the factory team to field a 250 rider and wanted him to go to the rockstar team. Decsoter had said that a rider of that caliper needed a factory team and not a support team. Does Hsu fall in that category? Do you guys think that the motorcycle superstore suzukis will be up to par if he was to go to that team?
visser62
10/2/2016 6:52pm
mxjon454 wrote:
In the twmx piece it said that Hsu has a long term deal with world suzuki or suzuki japan, not just that particular team in europe...
In the twmx piece it said that Hsu has a long term deal with world suzuki or suzuki japan, not just that particular team in europe. I remember decoster saying that when he was the manager at suzuki they wanted to bring roczen over, but suzuki didnt want the factory team to field a 250 rider and wanted him to go to the rockstar team. Decsoter had said that a rider of that caliper needed a factory team and not a support team. Does Hsu fall in that category? Do you guys think that the motorcycle superstore suzukis will be up to par if he was to go to that team?
Motorcycle Superstore is getting factory support for 2017.

The Shop

51xc
10/2/2016 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2016 6:54pm
51xc wrote:
xK-Ix wrote:
I thought it was the other way round. He wants to race in the US and would like to ride a Suzuki but did not get...

mxjon454 wrote:
In the twmx piece it said that Hsu has a long term deal with world suzuki or suzuki japan, not just that particular team in europe...
no I don't think hsu falls in that category. he is pretty good at sx but he has nothing to show on results in mx2. the motorcycle superstore suzuki team is rumored to have more support in '17, so if you think that all other factory teams are full, it seems a pretty good option for him. I don't see any other team that has better equipment with a free spot at the moment.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/2/2016 7:10pm
As far as I know he's back in Europe already. He had some time over there to try and get a deal. Suzuki didnt have any room for him (at least that's what I've heard or read somewhere). The door of the MX2 Suzuki team is now closed as well. So he's probably switching plans no matter on which continent he ends up racing.
Man I hope he finds something decent or his career is over before it really began... I've ridden with him several times, he's such a good guy and I'm sure he's one of the few who could make it in Supercross.
xK-Ix
10/2/2016 7:15pm
He is really good. Got Worldchampion 85/125ccm not for nothing. Had pretty bad luck with the switch to the 250 due to injuries. Could not proof anything, however he is better than his results shows this year. But not anything near of Roczens caliber.
My information is that his contract with suzuki europe was canceled so he can look for a ride in america, but this didnt worked out. And now they have no ride left and he is with no ride in europe and US also.
He gambeled and lost.
But he wont be left with nothing and will find something.
I would like it to see him ride in US.
xK-Ix
10/2/2016 7:16pm
crusty_xx wrote:
As far as I know he's back in Europe already. He had some time over there to try and get a deal. Suzuki didnt have any...
As far as I know he's back in Europe already. He had some time over there to try and get a deal. Suzuki didnt have any room for him (at least that's what I've heard or read somewhere). The door of the MX2 Suzuki team is now closed as well. So he's probably switching plans no matter on which continent he ends up racing.
Man I hope he finds something decent or his career is over before it really began... I've ridden with him several times, he's such a good guy and I'm sure he's one of the few who could make it in Supercross.
Faster than me :D
51xc
10/2/2016 7:36pm
sounds bad but I think/ hope there will be a spot for him in mx2, just not a factory ride.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/2/2016 7:56pm
visser62 wrote:
Motorcycle Superstore is getting factory support for 2017.
I think that's the hope, but as far as I know it's not a done deal.
HyperKinetic
10/2/2016 8:12pm
This article from Sept. 21st provides some news:

http://www.speedweek.com/mx2/news/99027/Verpokert-Bei-Suzuki-ist-fuer-B…

He hasn't secured anything in the US yet. Might be interesting to see if he goes to another manufacturer, though not sure how that works since he has a long-term one with Suzuki? Can they both mutually end the relationship?
10/3/2016 1:09am
If Suzuki lets him go to another brand they r stupid just plain and simple.
51xc
10/3/2016 2:15am
Moens_Andy wrote:
If Suzuki lets him go to another brand they r stupid just plain and simple.
they sure would. I d put him into ax if I needed him to bridge a season.
10/3/2016 2:25am
I would be surprised if they were not able to get a deal done with Motorcycle superstore Suzuki, If i'm not mistaking Hsu brings a lot to the table in factory support straight from Suzuki
SJK
10/3/2016 4:30am
Moens_Andy wrote:
I would be surprised if they were not able to get a deal done with Motorcycle superstore Suzuki, If i'm not mistaking Hsu brings a lot...
I would be surprised if they were not able to get a deal done with Motorcycle superstore Suzuki, If i'm not mistaking Hsu brings a lot to the table in factory support straight from Suzuki
If team is already full, where they would put him? Buy another semi etc.

Maybe Suzuki is not willing to invest that much, even though they were willing to help with an existing spot.

Hopefully he gets a good spot in a good team, but maybe that Suzuki needs to pay for that much more than they thought in the first place.
philG
10/3/2016 6:17am
I think Hsu is one of those guys that wont bring the 85 125 speed to the 250f.. Everts would have locked him down like Seewer if he thought he was good enough.. unlucky with injury but needs a good season in MX2 before he does anything .
10/5/2016 1:56pm
Suzuki IDIOTS he's going to make your mx2 guys look silly within 2 years from now
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/5/2016 2:03pm
Moens_Andy wrote:
Suzuki IDIOTS he's going to make your mx2 guys look silly within 2 years from now
That's so damn hard to tell right now.
Really I wouldnt be surprised to see him struggle to get top 10s, or to see him battle for wins.

Hope he does well and gets another chance to go over and do Supercross in 2 years
Rowlands
10/5/2016 2:13pm
crusty_xx wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/10/05/154737/s1200_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/10/05/154738/s1200_2.jpg[/img]

Replacing Anstie, I'm a fan of this guy !
10/5/2016 2:23pm
Rowlands wrote:
if that is true it would be a good thing Hsu can ride SX type terrain very good
HyperKinetic
10/5/2016 3:01pm
How much factory support does Maurer get?

Either way it's good to see Hsu land something, he still has unfinished business in MX2. He was injured for the 1st half and it didn't seem he was entirely comfortable during the second half. I don't think it was a good thing that he didn't end up completing the season with Suzuki. I think his average results in the races he did finish in MX2 and the fact that he didn't finish out the season may have contributed to him not receiving an offer to ride in the U.S. Hopefully he can re-energize himself, improve and challenge for some podiums next year, maybe even win a few.
10/5/2016 11:20pm
Rowlands wrote:
He's not replacing Anstie, he signed with Maurergep Team.
DeStouwer
10/5/2016 11:47pm
Never heard of that team before. According to their FB-page seems to be an Hungarian team. Doubt they will have factory support, so probably only the European GP's aswell. Strange choice imo.
Rowlands
10/6/2016 12:10am
Rowlands wrote:
EnvyMedia wrote:
Sorry about that I was meant to put a question mark after that it did read as a fact I apologise, pumped that dude has a ride though be nice to see him get some top 10's
51xc
10/6/2016 12:50am
they wouldn't be called 'husqvarna maurer racing team' if they wouldn't get factory support.
Jefro98
10/6/2016 12:58am
51xc wrote:
they wouldn't be called 'husqvarna maurer racing team' if they wouldn't get factory support.
Huh, what??
So every team who uses the bike brand name gets factory support?
10/6/2016 1:04am
Rowlands wrote:
EnvyMedia wrote:
Rowlands wrote:
Sorry about that I was meant to put a question mark after that it did read as a fact I apologise, pumped that dude has a...
Sorry about that I was meant to put a question mark after that it did read as a fact I apologise, pumped that dude has a ride though be nice to see him get some top 10's
Yeah the kid has a lot of talent. I've seen him once in an insane mud race at one of the ADAC races and he was flying.

Post a reply to: Brian Hsu 81

The Latest