Brayton.

kongols
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 5:27pm
I really liked what Brayton was doing in a rhythm section few corners after after finish line. Looked really fast, perhaps faster than what Stewart was doing. He did this combo multiple time in a heat and in the main. He was sort of wheel tapping.

Look at 40.40

https://youtu.be/bGNw_kL-psI?feature=player_embedded
|
kongols
3/24/2014 1:59am
Also he and Stewart were the only ones doing triple triple section.
ehr400
3/24/2014 7:00am
Dont worry Fatthes and other "insiders" well hang onto Deans nuts and guys like Grant. Brayton doesnt have the dirt shark image for him. Atleast he is with a team that realizes the talent he has and puts them in the top 5 damn near every week.
davistld01
3/24/2014 7:10am
kongols wrote:
Also he and Stewart were the only ones doing triple triple section.
Brayton is probably the most underrated rider out there, IMO. He put in the due diligence with JGR, working with them on the "other" Yamaha 450 until it was clear that they had done all they could do...and has been rewarded with a great bike that he can showcase his talent on for 2014. He deserves all that he gets as far as factory attention from here out!

The Shop

TRON
3/24/2014 7:21am
Brayton is awesome. He doesn't have any flash, but he's still fast as hell. He's like dungey, but can actually pass people with a purpose.
hillbilly
3/24/2014 9:58am
Every time i got to see him in those whoops his bike tracked straight and looked better than most.

He has so much technology at hand with the nascar side of jgr that it should be the best bike out there.
jmx411
3/24/2014 10:01am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 10:01am
His bike has looked like its hooking up great all year. I will say thought after first few rounds I thought he would have more podiums or a possible win by now.
3/24/2014 10:03am
Yeah dude. That was crazy as hell! I don't think people realize how gnarly it is to clip the top of a jump for a double. If one tire was a bit high, shit would have gotten bad. The first time I seen him do it, I thought it was an accident and he got lucky. But he was doing that shit on purpose! absolutely nuts!!!!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/24/2014 10:22am
He's been smoking this year...

mxfiend
3/24/2014 10:42am
is that j law's silhouette down there? no wonder theres so much smoke
3/24/2014 10:59am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 11:01am
That was awesome. He did it in the main, too. What SX is all about, right there. I time it and get anywhere from .05 slower to .3 faster, timing from the white stripe (in the main) to the peak of the last jump. Not sure why it's so tricky to time.

Really cool and creative. But more risky? Less?
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/24/2014 11:00am
TRON wrote:
Brayton is awesome. He doesn't have any flash, but he's still fast as hell. He's like dungey, but can actually pass people with a purpose.
Too bad he can't pass Dungey.....
3/24/2014 11:02am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 11:11am
kongols wrote:
I really liked what Brayton was doing in a rhythm section few corners after after finish line. Looked really fast, perhaps faster than what Stewart was...
I really liked what Brayton was doing in a rhythm section few corners after after finish line. Looked really fast, perhaps faster than what Stewart was doing. He did this combo multiple time in a heat and in the main. He was sort of wheel tapping.

Look at 40.40

https://youtu.be/bGNw_kL-psI?feature=player_embedded
Brayton is riding great, and having a great year, but he still a bit off. People see what they want to see.... Put a clock on it.

Stew (End of Main)
Double Over (the TT)
Triple
Triple Over (the TT)
Triple
Single Out.
First jump take off to final single take off he was averaging about 7.10s-7.20s in the MAIN. Get out the Robic and go to 2:03.40 in the Broadcast. I get 7.15s just as he is coming up on RD5.

Brayton (Heat):
Double On
Double Off
Triple
Double Over (the TT)
Triple
Single Out.
First jump take off to final single take off I get 7.35s.in the HEAT Race...when the track was faster. That is 4s-5s at the end of the race...in just one section.

Everyone get so caught up on who is jumping more...doing a quad, doing a rythm no one else is doing. It is not about that. It is about going faster, regardless of what you are jumping. James and RV are simply the fastest. James by flying low, and hitting the jump faces faster without OJing. RV is really strong getting the power down when he lands. In many sections that allows him to take time out of guys because he can accelerate more through a section. Both these guys are a step far above everyone else...including Brayton.
3/24/2014 11:04am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2014 11:18am
That was awesome. He did it in the main, too. What SX is all about, right there. I time it and get anywhere from .05 slower...
That was awesome. He did it in the main, too. What SX is all about, right there. I time it and get anywhere from .05 slower to .3 faster, timing from the white stripe (in the main) to the peak of the last jump. Not sure why it's so tricky to time.

Really cool and creative. But more risky? Less?
??? I timed it from the first take off....to the final single out take off...and got it .2s + SLOWER than what stew was doing. He touched the ground one more time than Stew. Sometimes that is faster..some times not. Also, I would bet that the entry speed into the section (corner speed) has a lot to do with it...and we can be pretty sure Stews corner exit is the best right now.

Is there a clip of Brayton doing his combo in the Main that you can time? I could not find one to compare apples to apples.
kongols
3/24/2014 11:19am
Brayton is riding great, and having a great year, but he still a bit off. People see what they want to see.... Put a clock on...
Brayton is riding great, and having a great year, but he still a bit off. People see what they want to see.... Put a clock on it.

Stew (End of Main)
Double Over (the TT)
Triple
Triple Over (the TT)
Triple
Single Out.
First jump take off to final single take off he was averaging about 7.10s-7.20s in the MAIN. Get out the Robic and go to 2:03.40 in the Broadcast. I get 7.15s just as he is coming up on RD5.

Brayton (Heat):
Double On
Double Off
Triple
Double Over (the TT)
Triple
Single Out.
First jump take off to final single take off I get 7.35s.in the HEAT Race...when the track was faster. That is 4s-5s at the end of the race...in just one section.

Everyone get so caught up on who is jumping more...doing a quad, doing a rythm no one else is doing. It is not about that. It is about going faster, regardless of what you are jumping. James and RV are simply the fastest. James by flying low, and hitting the jump faces faster without OJing. RV is really strong getting the power down when he lands. In many sections that allows him to take time out of guys because he can accelerate more through a section. Both these guys are a step far above everyone else...including Brayton.
What a fuck are you talking about?
kongols
3/24/2014 11:20am
??? I timed it from the first take off....to the final single out take off...and got it .2s + SLOWER than what stew was doing. He...
??? I timed it from the first take off....to the final single out take off...and got it .2s + SLOWER than what stew was doing. He touched the ground one more time than Stew. Sometimes that is faster..some times not. Also, I would bet that the entry speed into the section (corner speed) has a lot to do with it...and we can be pretty sure Stews corner exit is the best right now.

Is there a clip of Brayton doing his combo in the Main that you can time? I could not find one to compare apples to apples.
What a fuck are you talking about?
JonnyDH84
3/24/2014 11:25am
ehr400 wrote:
Dont worry Fatthes and other "insiders" well hang onto Deans nuts and guys like Grant. Brayton doesnt have the dirt shark image for him. Atleast he...
Dont worry Fatthes and other "insiders" well hang onto Deans nuts and guys like Grant. Brayton doesnt have the dirt shark image for him. Atleast he is with a team that realizes the talent he has and puts them in the top 5 damn near every week.
Agree with brayton but not grant imo grants overated.
3/24/2014 5:27pm
??? I timed it from the first take off....to the final single out take off...and got it .2s + SLOWER than what stew was doing. He...

You're timing the long rhythm. We're talking about the section before it, right after the finish line. The one Stewart and Barcia rode the back wheel into before launching into a 3-2. You know...at 40:40.

As for that long rhythm: Basically what you said. I think the 1st time they showed James do it it was about a 7 flat. Barcia just kind of improvised as he went. haha. The combo he pulled out of his ass the lap James almost ran into him was a blistering 8.7.

The rhythm Brayton was using in his heat was also good. I got a 7.15 on his final lap.

Think Stewart ever thought about quading out?? 4-4 would've been literally jawdropping.

Post a reply to: Brayton.

The Latest