Bradshaw is full of it...

machine
Talent that is.... great interview. He feels like many on here about the tracks today and the racing in general. I like his take on things...

http://racerxonline.com/2016/11/21/open-mic-damon-bradshaw
|
kiwifan
11/21/2016 4:10pm
Yes, its a great interview, and I agree with him as well
Bultaco
11/21/2016 4:28pm
"It’s just a frickin’ jumping contest and it has been for a long time. It seems like they’re in the air more than they are on the track."

Damon is spot on.
downard254
11/21/2016 5:15pm
FYI, I just got the most recent Dirt Rider in the mail and Damon is the guest Editor. There's some good stuff in there this month, and yes, Damon was and still is a Bad Ass.

The Shop

JW381
11/21/2016 5:33pm
Downright awesome.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
11/21/2016 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2016 8:26pm
Funny, I certainly remember him choking at the final '92 SX where he failed to get around Guy Cooper and lost the championship, lol.
mark_swart
11/21/2016 9:45pm
You reeled me in with that topic...I was ready to come in fighting haha!!
sam hain
11/22/2016 8:28am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2016 9:53am
Guy I work with was at muddy creek when Bradshaw slapped Mike Brown's front fender on his way to spanking him at his home track back in the 80's.
newmann
11/22/2016 9:20am
burn1986 wrote:
Funny, I certainly remember him choking at the final '92 SX where he failed to get around Guy Cooper and lost the championship, lol.
That was no choke. Contract negotiations gone bad is what that was. Damn shame.
Skidaddle
11/22/2016 9:41am
burn1986 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Wasn't it where if he won, his contract extended automatically as it was?

Where if he lost, he was then able to negotiate more or with other teams?
ratonmacias
11/22/2016 10:09am
burn1986 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Plus a torn acl in one of his knees
Chugger
11/22/2016 11:25am
burn1986 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Skidaddle wrote:
Wasn't it where if he won, his contract extended automatically as it was? Where if he lost, he was then able to negotiate more or with...

Are you suggesting that he 'threw' the '92 sx championship?
newmann
11/22/2016 1:01pm
newmann wrote:
Skidaddle wrote:
Wasn't it where if he won, his contract extended automatically as it was? Where if he lost, he was then able to negotiate more or with...

Chugger wrote:
Are you suggesting that he 'threw' the '92 sx championship?
In exchange for the largest contract the sport had ever seen at the time?
11/22/2016 1:08pm
Wow this is the first that I heard of the contract issues. I don't see why he would have signed the original contract though if it had that stipulation in it, but I guess this would explain why he threw the championship
hillbilly
11/22/2016 1:35pm
sam hain wrote:
Guy I work with was at muddy creek when Bradshaw slapped Mike Brown's front fender on his way to spanking him at his home track back...
Guy I work with was at muddy creek when Bradshaw slapped Mike Brown's front fender on his way to spanking him at his home track back in the 80's.
I was there,never happened,.

Muddy creek was Damon's home track to,hence the old Bradshaw chicane was put in to keep him from jumping that entire section. It was called the Bradshaw freeway or something before the chicane was put in.

I was there the 1st time Damon came to muddy creek on his barrs yz80. It was a race after Rodney barr had came in to race and made a double out of 2 singles that were about 100 feet apart to clear .

That next race Damon did it on the 80 ,no way I wasn't going to do it so I cut out wide and pinned up the hill. God it was fun once you got over how blind it was.

Good times.
Steve125
Fantasy
2787th
11/22/2016 2:34pm
"Like I said, I always have been and I still am very humble and would never talk about it that much with anybody unless they bring it up to me, but it is pretty cool when you’re sitting around talking with people and they bring it up. When they do, I think, Damn, it is pretty cool that people still remember this stuff."

I got to speak with Damon in the summer of 2015 at a Monster truck event (that he won). I told him I was a fan of his from back in his MX days.. back when he had those huge battles with Stanton and Bayle. He grew a huge genuine smile as I described races I was at, and I knew right then he was surprised someone remembered all that. Reading that last couple of sentences in the interview, I was reminded of that day.. to a T.
olds cool
11/22/2016 4:33pm
sam hain wrote:
Guy I work with was at muddy creek when Bradshaw slapped Mike Brown's front fender on his way to spanking him at his home track back...
hillbilly wrote:
I was there,never happened,. Muddy creek was Damon's home track to,hence the old Bradshaw chicane was put in to keep him from jumping that entire section...

Muddy creek was Damon's home track to,hence the old Bradshaw chicane was put in to keep him from jumping that entire section. It was called the Bradshaw freeway or something before the chicane was put in.

I was there the 1st time Damon came to muddy creek on his barrs yz80. It was a race after Rodney barr had came in to race and made a double out of 2 singles that were about 100 feet apart to clear .

That next race Damon did it on the 80 ,no way I wasn't going to do it so I cut out wide and pinned up the hill. God it was fun once you got over how blind it was.

Good times.
Call me crazy but I was under the impression that Metrolina was Damon's home track, with him being from Charlotte and all...

Just messin' with ya HB. Metrolina may have been closed by the time you're referring to. Any snow up there on the hill yet?

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!
bvm111
11/22/2016 6:23pm
I see what you did there.... clever Silly
hillbilly
11/22/2016 7:41pm
sam hain wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
I was there,never happened,. Muddy creek was Damon's home track to,hence the old Bradshaw chicane was put in to keep him from jumping that entire section...

Good times.
olds cool wrote:
Call me crazy but I was under the impression that Metrolina was Damon's home track, with him being from Charlotte and all... Just messin' with ya...
Call me crazy but I was under the impression that Metrolina was Damon's home track, with him being from Charlotte and all...

Just messin' with ya HB. Metrolina may have been closed by the time you're referring to. Any snow up there on the hill yet?

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!
I think it was closed,the one i raced in 85 near Charlotte had a concrete start that 180ied right then down into some woods. Fun as hell track.

Once Damon and Rodney came over those races I'm thinking he went to 125 and 250b the next season. I'd have to think on it.

Muddy creek was not a AMA track then. The next year Sam bought it and by mid season it was AMA. That would be 86.

87 was the 1st megaseries year.

I beat Damon one fine day at lake sugar tree in 250b on a 87 husky cr250. I had hung with him but wasn't going to be able to pass till last lap the yz shock equalized and he started swapping more than normal. I waited for the run below the pond and he just missed the t bone on me,lol, i knew he try to plant me.

Good times,good times
hillbilly
11/22/2016 7:53pm
And,there was snow on the mountains this weekend. 16 degrees Sunday nite, built my first fire of the season Saturday nite,won't go out till May probably.
Brosho
11/22/2016 11:20pm
I have a question,

Suppose you have a Boxer who's fight record is 40 wins and 0 losses. But then he goes into his last fight and lose the last fight. Can people still claim that fighter "Went Out On Top"? Orlando 2007

Post a reply to: Bradshaw is full of it...

The Latest