Bradshaw...

JoJmoto
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:28am
Does he still ride when he is not racing the Air Force truck? I would think I would have seen him sometime over the last few years at some local tracks if he was, but there has been no sign of him.

I would like to see a bunch or the riders from that era race again for one moto for fun before one of the Nationals. Take Bradshawn, Stanton, McGrath, JMB, Cooper, Ward, Johnny O', Lechine, the Chicken and a few others from back then, for a 20 minute "Old timers" race.
|
mxracer32
8/18/2008 5:09am
JoJmoto wrote:
Does he still ride when he is not racing the Air Force truck? I would think I would have seen him sometime over the last few...
Does he still ride when he is not racing the Air Force truck? I would think I would have seen him sometime over the last few years at some local tracks if he was, but there has been no sign of him.

I would like to see a bunch or the riders from that era race again for one moto for fun before one of the Nationals. Take Bradshawn, Stanton, McGrath, JMB, Cooper, Ward, Johnny O', Lechine, the Chicken and a few others from back then, for a 20 minute "Old timers" race.
5 years ago he would come by a local yami dealer in iron station, nc (al lane yamaha) they have a track called "top gun"; it hosts races and he would park his camper in the parking lot, sign autographs, and was told he rode, i never saw though.

havent heard of or seen him on a bike in a few years.
BDOG
8/18/2008 5:57am
Bradshaw was/is a bad ass. Damn shame he never fulfilled his potential.
JoJmoto
8/18/2008 2:53pm
Sitting here thinking about it, I am not sure if I ever heard what made him get burnt out so bad to walk away like he did. Anyone know the real reason?

The Shop

zippy895
8/18/2008 3:01pm
he got burnt out/pressure(family/girl friend issues)since he was thee child prodogy. so much so,that he wanted and with willing to committ suicide.yamaha gave him breathing room from his contract during the bad time.
he seems to be enjoying life now,good for him.
smesple
8/18/2008 3:02pm
Listen to the Mathes podacst with Bradshaw.
He also has said that he would love to do the "legends lap" but has never been asked.
Evans
8/18/2008 3:08pm
did those pictures come off of bubba's wall
Scott457
8/18/2008 3:09pm
still my favorite rider, the podcast with him was awesome also.
Evans
8/18/2008 3:09pm
I thought the first picture was Traversy
Foster576
8/18/2008 3:21pm
Evans wrote:
I thought the first picture was Traversy
HAHAHA!!!! Wait till you see this one. Gotta love the hockey hair!
wpcjs
8/18/2008 4:15pm
JoJmoto wrote:
Does he still ride when he is not racing the Air Force truck? I would think I would have seen him sometime over the last few...

I thought he lived in Idaho.
Sondy132001
8/18/2008 4:17pm
JoJmoto wrote:

Flyguy goes riding with Bradshaw all the time. I'll have to ask him to post some pics up here for you to see.

S
Sondy132001
8/18/2008 4:17pm
JoJmoto wrote:

wpcjs wrote:
I thought he lived in Idaho.
You are right Bradshaw lives in Idaho.

S
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1768th
8/18/2008 4:21pm
JoJmoto wrote:

Be good to see a race like that for charity or something
Larry
8/18/2008 5:49pm
JoJmoto wrote:
Sitting here thinking about it, I am not sure if I ever heard what made him get burnt out so bad to walk away like he...
Sitting here thinking about it, I am not sure if I ever heard what made him get burnt out so bad to walk away like he did. Anyone know the real reason?
JoJo you and I ride because its fun. Guys like Bradshaw were never allowed to ride for fun.
You and I are the lucky ones.
mxwife
8/19/2008 8:28am
After coming back from breaking his leg in arenacross he rebroke his same leg the 1st race back at devil's ridge in nc. he gave it up then and went to monster truck racing. He came back and raced with us for about 2 yrs each spring a few yrs back. When it got hot he went back to idaho...lol. He said he was a fair weather rider.
8/19/2008 9:02am
JoJmoto wrote:
Sitting here thinking about it, I am not sure if I ever heard what made him get burnt out so bad to walk away like he...
Larry wrote:
JoJo you and I ride because its fun. Guys like Bradshaw were never allowed to ride for fun.
You and I are the lucky ones.
It took me a while to figure that out but you are 100% correct! No matter what it is, once it becomes your job, the fun gets lost.

I remember watching "Throttle for the Gold" with my dad when I first started racing. There was a clip of Bradshaw standing on the starting line with these huge dark bags under his eyes. We coudn't believe he was only 17.

Post a reply to: Bradshaw...

The Latest