Bowers was real off last night

level
2/8/2015 3:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 6:53am
Wonder what was going on with him. Wasn't typical Bowers. He was fading hard and didn't even put up a fight. Never seen him like that before. From the looks of it he looked spent, just tired and probably arm pump. Maybe just one of those nights for him. I mean he rode great but he should of had the win.
|
Jim Lahey
2/8/2015 3:39pm
level wrote:
Wonder what was going on with him. Wasn't typical Bowers. He was fading hard and didn't even put up a fight. Never seen him like that...
Wonder what was going on with him. Wasn't typical Bowers. He was fading hard and didn't even put up a fight. Never seen him like that before. From the looks of it he looked spent, just tired and probably arm pump. Maybe just one of those nights for him. I mean he rode great but he should of had the win.
Didnt he have some surgery or something like that? I think hes actually doing pretty well honestly for his first season in real SX, Id like to see how he does in the nationals.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
2/8/2015 4:22pm
Honestly, thats about were hes been all season. Thats a fairly normal night for him. Thats the 2nd time hes been run down & passed for the lead in the main. So far hes placed 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 4th, 15th, & 3rd. Hes 3rd in the points & he still hasn't won a race this season. I think alot of people bought into his big talk at the begining of the season after that heat race win & it made alot of people think he'd be fighting for the championship. Don't get me wrong, hes a talented rider, but theres other guys that are faster & more consistant than he is.

Its kind of like when we were in elementry school. There was the one big bully kid that talked the loudest about how he could beat everyone up, so no one messed with him because they were intimidated. But once someone stood up to him & he had to fight, his lack of fighting skills were exposed & he got dat ass whooped. I think we are seeing that happen here.

Mia
2/8/2015 4:55pm
I think u might be retarded GoonSquad250x
Juss
2/8/2015 4:58pm
Yeah gets a 3rd and he is way off

The Shop

Outsider
2/8/2015 5:10pm
Mia wrote:
I think u might be retarded GoonSquad250x
lol
jeffro503
2/8/2015 5:10pm
Honestly.....I think his back starts to bug him pretty bad about 1/2 way through the race. I have heard he needs surgery or something like that whenever he can fit it in. It would explain why he starts to fade during some of the races.

I dig the guy......so I hope he gets himself fixed and we can start seeing some results of what I know he's capable of putting in.

Besides that.....3rd in points aint bad......not bad at all !
steve_97060
2/8/2015 5:17pm
Honestly, thats about were hes been all season. Thats a fairly normal night for him. Thats the 2nd time hes been run down & passed for...
Honestly, thats about were hes been all season. Thats a fairly normal night for him. Thats the 2nd time hes been run down & passed for the lead in the main. So far hes placed 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 4th, 15th, & 3rd. Hes 3rd in the points & he still hasn't won a race this season. I think alot of people bought into his big talk at the begining of the season after that heat race win & it made alot of people think he'd be fighting for the championship. Don't get me wrong, hes a talented rider, but theres other guys that are faster & more consistant than he is.

Its kind of like when we were in elementry school. There was the one big bully kid that talked the loudest about how he could beat everyone up, so no one messed with him because they were intimidated. But once someone stood up to him & he had to fight, his lack of fighting skills were exposed & he got dat ass whooped. I think we are seeing that happen here.

or he could have an injury that precludes him from proper training...
struth
2/8/2015 5:24pm
He had fastest lap time...if he has back injury that could explain it...
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
3920th
2/8/2015 5:39pm
Honestly, thats about were hes been all season. Thats a fairly normal night for him. Thats the 2nd time hes been run down & passed for...

One of the things I like about Bowers is he tells it like it is & doesn't make excuses. He's said he's ride like shit, couldn't get flowing with the track & a few other things that were the cause of him not winning. Oh, along with Cooper Webb was riding really good. He doesn't make excuses for himself, so why are you? He's the first guy that actually mans up & doesn't blame anything but himself for not winning. I don't think we need to make excuses for him everytime he doesn't win. SX isn't arenacross & he's figuring that out. At least he's been a man about it. I respect that.
steve_97060
2/8/2015 5:48pm

One of the things I like about Bowers is he tells it like it is & doesn't make excuses. He's said he's ride like shit, couldn't...
One of the things I like about Bowers is he tells it like it is & doesn't make excuses. He's said he's ride like shit, couldn't get flowing with the track & a few other things that were the cause of him not winning. Oh, along with Cooper Webb was riding really good. He doesn't make excuses for himself, so why are you? He's the first guy that actually mans up & doesn't blame anything but himself for not winning. I don't think we need to make excuses for him everytime he doesn't win. SX isn't arenacross & he's figuring that out. At least he's been a man about it. I respect that.
not making an excuse for him goon, just pointing out what has already been acknowledged by him..
2thefront
2/8/2015 7:38pm
It's the back. His fast lap was a good bit better than webb's and he gave up all at once. A back is not like an injured leg or arm. I know from experience an injured back disrupts nearly everything you can do on a bike. i can't imagine trying to ride at that speed with a back issue.
Katoomey
2/8/2015 7:51pm
he said he got tired in his podium interview.
level
2/8/2015 10:57pm
Katoomey wrote:
Yeah, so it must be a fitness issue then or just one of those nights but I was surprised he lost a pretty decent lead there and gave up no fight to Webb like he usually would. He honestly did just look tired so must of been fitness or just a bad night.
jeffro503
2/8/2015 11:38pm
2thefront wrote:
It's the back. His fast lap was a good bit better than webb's and he gave up all at once. A back is not like an...
It's the back. His fast lap was a good bit better than webb's and he gave up all at once. A back is not like an injured leg or arm. I know from experience an injured back disrupts nearly everything you can do on a bike. i can't imagine trying to ride at that speed with a back issue.
I've dealt with an injured back for about 25yrs. I hairline fractured a vertebrae in my lower back and damaged a couple discs. I guess the only real fix is surgery. But I do what I can to try and strengthen my lower back along with my entire core to help support that injured area. Sometimes ( like this past year ) I've let it get ahead of me , and once it does......I have to be real careful on my work and exercises until I get a good balance again. The end of last summer I damaged it bad enough that I couldn't get my work boots on and had to go to work with my slip on Van's shoes.....it sucked!

I never understood how important a strong core was until these past 10yrs or so. It's the " hinge " between your upper and lower body....and when it gets weak.....nothing works the way it should.
jeffro503
2/8/2015 11:40pm
Katoomey wrote:
level wrote:
Yeah, so it must be a fitness issue then or just one of those nights but I was surprised he lost a pretty decent lead there...
Yeah, so it must be a fitness issue then or just one of those nights but I was surprised he lost a pretty decent lead there and gave up no fight to Webb like he usually would. He honestly did just look tired so must of been fitness or just a bad night.
His fitness is probably struggling because his bad back won't let him put the work in during the week. Hopefully he gets something done during the break.
willie838
2/9/2015 12:02am
Juss wrote:
Yeah gets a 3rd and he is way off
seriously....this fucking place.

webb rode great

awesome race craft. held back until he hit the point that he could sprint to the finish then went lights out.

bowers faded, it happens, he admitted it- if leading half a main is being way off then 99% of the field would be happy to be way off any given night.
2/9/2015 12:19am
From his post Oakland interview..

I definitely got a little bit more motivation now. I got a little bit tired in the main. I’ve been telling my trainer I’ve been tired during the week. He said there was no way I was tired and in the main event that’s what happened. I was riding good and just got downright tired

Unless he's over training and/or just doesn't get on with his current program, then it might be time for some blood tests. Perhaps some sort of a deficiency (Iron etc) is present - wouldn't be the first time.
S.Loyer
2/9/2015 12:59am
Sucks being the 2nd best rider.....
fidiot
2/9/2015 4:51am
He injured his back before the SX season started. He took a month off to try and let it heal, but it didn't. His leg goes numb some times. He has bulging discs and will most likely need surgery after the SX season is over. He cannot do any core building exercises other than 'planks' due to his damaged discs. Having said all that, I also wonder if he is just used to racing hard for 8-10 minutes instead of 15 minutes. He has been racing AX for the past five years. A typical AX lap is 20 -30 seconds? the races are 20 laps, so a little less than 10 minutes of hard racing. That is about the point he starts to fade backwards. I like the guy and hope he gets his back fixed or it heals on its own and he comes out swinging hard in SX in 2016.
hvaughn88
2/9/2015 6:28am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 6:28am
From his post Oakland interview.. [i]I definitely got a little bit more motivation now. I got a little bit tired in the main. I’ve been telling...
From his post Oakland interview..

I definitely got a little bit more motivation now. I got a little bit tired in the main. I’ve been telling my trainer I’ve been tired during the week. He said there was no way I was tired and in the main event that’s what happened. I was riding good and just got downright tired

Unless he's over training and/or just doesn't get on with his current program, then it might be time for some blood tests. Perhaps some sort of a deficiency (Iron etc) is present - wouldn't be the first time.
I'm sure he has a back problem, which is understandable. The only weird thing about him getting tired is...he shares the same trainer with Webb. I completely understand that he won't be able to train "properly" if he has back issues, though.
hillbilly
2/9/2015 6:38am
He screwed that triple triple section ,looked back,and his forearms blew right thru his jersey like the green hulk.

He has what,6 months to shape up before the next west round.
jamma10
2/9/2015 6:38am
Epstein Barr virus strikes again?
DonM
2/9/2015 6:47am
jamma10 wrote:
Jamma that's been cured, now they just need to find a cure for this new ailment called "tight".....everybody's getting it....
hillbilly
2/9/2015 6:53am
jamma10 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Jamma that's been cured, now they just need to find a cure for this new ailment called "tight".....everybody's getting it....
I wish i was getting some tight.

Post a reply to: Bowers was real off last night

The Latest