Bowers

Zycki11
11/17/2016 8:06pm
Good interview over at Transworld. Interesting to hear he turned down the Star Ride because he didn't want to ride for free. He sounds in good spirits and i think we will see a very good Bear next year.http://motocross.transworld.net/news/tyler-bowers-joining-51fifty-energy-for-2017/#WH0R8F1U21d7Xb6F.97
|
mxjon454
11/17/2016 9:46pm
Good read for sure. I saw that he said someone had gotten hurt and he was offered a fill in ride, but he had to ride for free and turned it down. One has to think that it may have been for star yamaha. If thats true do you guys think that was a good decision? If it was for star, i personally think he should have took it to get on that bike, and see if his results can get him a decent paying gig.

The Shop

Motofinne
11/18/2016 12:34am
Didn't he turn down TLD KTM? I think he cornfirmed that the last time he was on Pulp?

JWACK
11/18/2016 5:33am
He should take that Tedder job.! He would be a Tedder Bear.
IWreckALot
11/18/2016 6:15am
Of all the riders, I think Bowers is suited best to deal with or without a racing gig. I'm pretty sure he's educated and will find a job that pays one way or another. No use in risking injury when he can get a job with a paycheck.
11/18/2016 6:50am
Skidaddle wrote:
Huh?
He talked about it in the spectrum series, trusted his parents with his money and they never filed taxed all the years he was enjoying success in ax. I also gathered that he didn't finish high school and when his wife told him to get educated, he told her to kick rocks... Idk, I feel for these guys whose family screw them but they really need to look at the big picture and educate themselves more and avoid situations like these. Now the irs is breathing down his neck and he's left having to ride on worse equipment for a solid paycheck. On another note, does anyone know what the beef between him and Daniel Blair is? I'd love to hear the backstory on that
11/18/2016 7:00am
I can't blame him for him for not riding for free I more blame the guys who ARE riding for free aka DW15, but on the other side he may never ride professional MX/SX again and that sucks.

He should have had the JGR Suzuki ride IMO
ga_pike
11/18/2016 7:01am
He talked about it in the spectrum series, trusted his parents with his money and they never filed taxed all the years he was enjoying success...
He talked about it in the spectrum series, trusted his parents with his money and they never filed taxed all the years he was enjoying success in ax. I also gathered that he didn't finish high school and when his wife told him to get educated, he told her to kick rocks... Idk, I feel for these guys whose family screw them but they really need to look at the big picture and educate themselves more and avoid situations like these. Now the irs is breathing down his neck and he's left having to ride on worse equipment for a solid paycheck. On another note, does anyone know what the beef between him and Daniel Blair is? I'd love to hear the backstory on that
I hadn't heard that about not finishing high.school. I had heard part of the reason he stayed in Arena cross so long was to complete his college degree and it was easier to work school around the AX schedule.
mx_563
11/18/2016 7:03am
JWACK wrote:
That was a good one, heh heh.
Mia
11/18/2016 7:09am
Tyler's gonna be ok. Smart not to ride for free. Good luck to the whole 51fifty team .

Two sides to every story.
11/18/2016 7:19am
526 wrote:
I can't blame him for him for not riding for free I more blame the guys who ARE riding for free aka DW15, but on the...
I can't blame him for him for not riding for free I more blame the guys who ARE riding for free aka DW15, but on the other side he may never ride professional MX/SX again and that sucks.

He should have had the JGR Suzuki ride IMO
All these guys saying there riding for free is a joke. Dw will make more then most of us "riding for free". He will make money from answer another 10-15k for his goggle deal then there's a helmet deal boot deal. That's his gaurenteed money, then there's bonuses. There's plenty of jobs you work for free if you don't perform. Most people in sales jobs are working for free if they don't perform and sale. As a mechanic at a shop with no guarantee I work for free if I can't hussle and get my cars finished. I get it he doesn't have a guaranteed salary from Yamaha but he's definetly not working for free
davistld01
11/18/2016 7:42am
Mia wrote:
Tyler's gonna be ok. Smart not to ride for free. Good luck to the whole 51fifty team .

Two sides to every story.
Why would you say, "smart not to ride for free"? The way things are now...that might cost him a ride. It basically says, you want to get paid no matter if you suck or not. Not saying Bowers sucks, but he didn't exactly prove to be the "instant podium" guy that a lot of people figured he'd be.
JSmith
11/18/2016 8:01am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2016 8:02am
ga_pike wrote:
I hadn't heard that about not finishing high.school. I had heard part of the reason he stayed in Arena cross so long was to complete his...
I hadn't heard that about not finishing high.school. I had heard part of the reason he stayed in Arena cross so long was to complete his college degree and it was easier to work school around the AX schedule.
I remember reading the same thing a few years ago.

I was not aware of his tax problem. That has to be horrible.
hvaughn88
11/18/2016 8:05am
Skidaddle wrote:
Huh?
He talked about it in the spectrum series, trusted his parents with his money and they never filed taxed all the years he was enjoying success...
Are you sure you have that right?
Skidaddle
11/18/2016 8:15am
Skidaddle wrote:
Huh?
hvaughn88 wrote:
Where can we see this?
IWreckALot
11/18/2016 9:04am
Skidaddle wrote:
Huh?
hvaughn88 wrote:
He's gotta have his riders mixed up. That sounds more like a Josh Grant issue.

Kinda odd but I got an e-mail saying someone quoted my comment above but the comment isn't in the thread now. Was there some sort of cleanup for some reason?
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
11/18/2016 9:08am
hvaughn88 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
He's gotta have his riders mixed up. That sounds more like a Josh Grant issue. Kinda odd but I got an e-mail saying someone quoted my...

Kinda odd but I got an e-mail saying someone quoted my comment above but the comment isn't in the thread now. Was there some sort of cleanup for some reason?
Yep apparently its true. Sad.
twotwosix
11/18/2016 9:21am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2016 9:22am
All these guys saying there riding for free is a joke. Dw will make more then most of us "riding for free". He will make money...
All these guys saying there riding for free is a joke. Dw will make more then most of us "riding for free". He will make money from answer another 10-15k for his goggle deal then there's a helmet deal boot deal. That's his gaurenteed money, then there's bonuses. There's plenty of jobs you work for free if you don't perform. Most people in sales jobs are working for free if they don't perform and sale. As a mechanic at a shop with no guarantee I work for free if I can't hussle and get my cars finished. I get it he doesn't have a guaranteed salary from Yamaha but he's definetly not working for free
You are waaayyy undervaluing DW.

Wilson will clear six figures next year with zero salary from Yamaha, should he finish the series. Gear contract, Goggle contract, Energy Drink/Helmet contract, misc promotional deals, performance bonuses, ETC will all have him over 100 grand with zero base salary from Yamaha. (But you can bet he will get paid some base salary)

The other side of it is that he may spend a large majority of that annual income being a professional motocross racer living in CA/FL. I think that is what some of these guys are implying when they throw around phrases like 'ride for free'. It costs money to be a Top 10 450 SX guy.
11/18/2016 9:33am
All these guys saying there riding for free is a joke. Dw will make more then most of us "riding for free". He will make money...
twotwosix wrote:
You are waaayyy undervaluing DW. Wilson will clear six figures next year with zero salary from Yamaha, should he finish the series. Gear contract, Goggle contract...

Wilson will clear six figures next year with zero salary from Yamaha, should he finish the series. Gear contract, Goggle contract, Energy Drink/Helmet contract, misc promotional deals, performance bonuses, ETC will all have him over 100 grand with zero base salary from Yamaha. (But you can bet he will get paid some base salary)

The other side of it is that he may spend a large majority of that annual income being a professional motocross racer living in CA/FL. I think that is what some of these guys are implying when they throw around phrases like 'ride for free'. It costs money to be a Top 10 450 SX guy.
Ummm isn't that what i said. I said he will be making more then most of us. The 15k for goggles I got of PulpMX when they were discussing how much riders make for goggle deals and since eks is trying to sign him for goggles I figured he would be around what the other guys were getting. I didn't state how much he got from other companies because I don't know how much answer is paying him

IceMan446
11/18/2016 9:39am
hvaughn88 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
He's gotta have his riders mixed up. That sounds more like a Josh Grant issue. Kinda odd but I got an e-mail saying someone quoted my...

No, thats how it happened. His mom also had a very bad gambling habit and spent a shit ton of his money and he had no idea.

twotwosix
11/18/2016 9:58am
Ummm isn't that what i said. I said he will be making more then most of us. The 15k for goggles I got of PulpMX when...
Ummm isn't that what i said. I said he will be making more then most of us. The 15k for goggles I got of PulpMX when they were discussing how much riders make for goggle deals and since eks is trying to sign him for goggles I figured he would be around what the other guys were getting. I didn't state how much he got from other companies because I don't know how much answer is paying him

I believe that episode had Deano at 50k for goggles...
mx836
11/18/2016 10:02am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2016 10:04am
twotwosix wrote:
You are waaayyy undervaluing DW. Wilson will clear six figures next year with zero salary from Yamaha, should he finish the series. Gear contract, Goggle contract...

Star has all of its own gear deals so he won't make any money off of that stuff riding for them in Supercross.
ratonmacias
11/18/2016 10:03am
Ummm isn't that what i said. I said he will be making more then most of us. The 15k for goggles I got of PulpMX when...

twotwosix wrote:
For a Fu@@ing Deano?
11/18/2016 10:06am

twotwosix wrote:
You are correct that was what Dean was making before but now that he might sign with eks I would put him closer to what tickle was making.
11/18/2016 10:08am
From my understanding, JG33 and Bowers both trusted their parents with their finances, JG33's mom blew it gambling but also lied to him along the way saying everything was all good. My interpretation of the Spectrum episode on Vimeo with Bowers is his parents were just irresponsible with it and one day Bowers looked into buying a house and was turned down because of bad credit and that's when he found out his parents hadn't been responsible with his finances. What they did with it, I'm not exactly sure. The education thing was more fuzzy to me. His chick told the story about how at one point she had told him he should put racing aside, get his GED, get into college and pursue a career that way. Then she talked about how she had overstepped her boundaries trying to get him to do that and it ended there. No talk of him actually pursuing more education that I remember.
Stuntman949
11/18/2016 11:20am
JWACK wrote:
mx_563 wrote:
That was a good one, heh heh.
11/21/2016 5:39am
I'm trying to work out what the beef is too with Daniel Blair hobo nick does often mention his dislike for him

But it's funny how he gets name dropped at the end of each show hahaha

Post a reply to: Bowers

The Latest