Boring Racing

rollingtach
Edited Date/Time 2/11/2014 12:09pm
Let me just say I don't think the racing has been boring but as an example this last race might have been a little more interesting if the system awarded the Championship to the rider with the most wins at the end of a season.
|
Old-Man
2/10/2014 10:46am
And the most consistent gets what?
dak446
2/10/2014 10:47am
Old-Man wrote:
And the most consistent gets what?
A Snickers.
mx757
2/10/2014 10:49am
They are rewarded in the case of a tie.
SEE ARE125
2/10/2014 10:50am
I don't think it's been boring, but I see your angle. Seems everyone is playing it safe and focusing on the "big picture" instead of really going for the win. I think things will heat up as the season progresses though and it becomes more of a now or never scenario. I think we're witnessing a bunch of seasoned, smart riders who don't want to throw it away too early in the season, which is perfectly understandable.

The Shop

rollingtach
2/10/2014 11:51am
Just seems as though the system kept that race from being a little more sporty. There were atleast a couple times where RV could have run it in and got James to check up on one of the doubles. I just think he choose not to, when the risk wasn't worth the reward. Great strategy for a championship but for the audience, maybe not so much.
enketchum
2/10/2014 11:58am
It was exciting in the stadium. We were watching Stew and RV in the front and Roczen and Reed behind them. Then there was Dungey and Short there for a while. It was exciting to watch it all at the same time. You can't capture that all on TV.

In all, it was a snoozer compared to some races we have been to this year, like A2. But when in the stadium, it was still pretty fun an exciting. The anticipation of Reed catching Roczen near the end was getting good. Then it was very sad when he crashed and wasn't moving much. Sad
2/10/2014 12:01pm
Ya ok. And if we went to this system the guys in 5th place back wouldn't even bother finishing the race. That would be great entertainment. SMH.

This ain't the MEC.

The only change needed to scoring is to go by average finish instead of points.
kawasa84
2/10/2014 12:10pm
Peick, getting 5th, no doubt he is pushing for all he's worth. Short and Tedesco, no doubt are trying to prove alot to the people helping them be there as well as themselves. Most of the riders in 7th, on back are probably giving it everything every lap.
The top 6 guys probably do have somewhat of a chess match to their racing, knowing whats on the line but I don't blame them. The racing this season in both classes has been anything but boring. Some of the best in over 15 years to me.
I'm loving this season, hope it stays this good.
rollingtach
2/10/2014 1:22pm
Again I'll say it wasn't boring, my heart rate is up almost a much as the riders but there haven't
been too many times where both RV and JS are on their game and in such close proximity to each
other after a start. I just think we could've seen more of a battle between those 2 and
all that without a joker lane.
The Rock
2/10/2014 6:43pm
How many years have you followed SX?
TDeath21
2/10/2014 9:34pm
By these rules, you'd better believe if I get a horrible start, I'm pulling off the track.
BobbyM
2/10/2014 9:38pm
TDeath21 wrote:
By these rules, you'd better believe if I get a horrible start, I'm pulling off the track.
That's why yer too chickenshit to race anything other than the CCC CLASS.
2/11/2014 12:49am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2014 12:53am
I do feel we should adopt something like the F1 points system, which rewards wins the way they SHOULD be rewarded:

1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point
11th+: ZERO

In the current system....22 for 2nd? Please. Is winning really only 13% better than 2nd? It is a system designed to prolong the points battle artificially to keep interest in "the product". (Just like Nascar) It is all about he money. The last thing FELD wants is someone clinching with 3 races to go, which could happen if you reward wins more. The flip side is because you gain so little by winning...and so much be having a mediocre finish, we encourage points management. FELD is not WWF...but don't think for a minute that the system is not purposely designed to manipulate the season point battle in a way to generate fan interest.

A system like the F1 system has two benefits:
1. If you blow a race...you can make it up by WINNING. If the current system...you blow one race..and your season could be done.
2. WINNING is worth more, which absent a single super dominant rider, could make for a much more exciting season.

I HATE these NASCAR type points sytems where you score points for having a pulse.
2/11/2014 9:33am
If you think this is boring, you must not have been around for the (near) decade that McGrath won everything. If you were around for that, there's no way you'd be complaining about these past few years.
rollingtach
2/11/2014 11:02am
One thing for sure, if wins were the most important thing, the Vital Boards would've been burning up with chatter about
how great the battle was between RV and JS in San Diego.
Katoomey
2/11/2014 12:09pm
I do feel we should adopt something like the F1 points system, which rewards wins the way they SHOULD be rewarded: 1st : 25 points 2nd...
I do feel we should adopt something like the F1 points system, which rewards wins the way they SHOULD be rewarded:

1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point
11th+: ZERO

In the current system....22 for 2nd? Please. Is winning really only 13% better than 2nd? It is a system designed to prolong the points battle artificially to keep interest in "the product". (Just like Nascar) It is all about he money. The last thing FELD wants is someone clinching with 3 races to go, which could happen if you reward wins more. The flip side is because you gain so little by winning...and so much be having a mediocre finish, we encourage points management. FELD is not WWF...but don't think for a minute that the system is not purposely designed to manipulate the season point battle in a way to generate fan interest.

A system like the F1 system has two benefits:
1. If you blow a race...you can make it up by WINNING. If the current system...you blow one race..and your season could be done.
2. WINNING is worth more, which absent a single super dominant rider, could make for a much more exciting season.

I HATE these NASCAR type points sytems where you score points for having a pulse.
I agree with this. I've always thought the points spread was too close.

Post a reply to: Boring Racing

The Latest