Boots that limit ankle pivot?

Mx746
Looking for a boot that limits ankle pivot better than tech 10's. Heel is overextending downward on some landings, calves getting stretched too far.
|
Preston412
12/16/2016 8:09am
Frodad78 wrote:
Anklesavers may be what you are after.
Boom there is your answer
RockyRider
Fantasy
3372nd
12/16/2016 8:17am
Wait a few months... Sidi is releasing a new Crossfire with hinge lockouts. It's a really cool design

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
12/16/2016 8:19am
So UFO came out with the UFO Recon boot maybe a year ago. It's got a system in there to limit your movement with little plastic stoppers like a kneebrace.

I have limited range in my right foot so I got them. They run a size big so I had to swap them out right away. Once i got my size 8, the ankle support was second to none in any moto boot I've worn. They feel like you have a knee brace on your ankle.

The downsides, I felt like a lost control feel, they are a bit more stiff than I like. The ankle system is kind of a pain to change the stoppers but once you figure it out, it's ok. I'm torn between liking them or not. I'd say if you are ok with stiffer boots and need support to ride give them a shot.

hillbilly
12/16/2016 8:28am
I used a 4x4, stand on balls of feet and do ankle dips with 4 12" cinderblocks on a A model driveshaft in your hands.
twotwosix
12/16/2016 8:35am
I'm going to cover something basic, but I see SO MANY of my friends who don't tighten their buckles enough.

Your Tech 10s and SG12s aren't gong to do their thing properly with loose buckles... [end rant]
12/16/2016 10:00am
I am actually quite interested in this since I just klunked a double and did this after folding my foot like a taco. It don't feel good.

And, 226, I hear you: but my SG12 buckles are as tight as I can stand them. I should have been on the balls of my feet...bad form.

Anyhow, I found the Anklesavers and wanted to ask people here about them. Anyone use them? Also there's the Blinged-out $260ish dollar version and the cheaper, less Blingy version. To me, the less Blingy version actually looks like it has a bigger pedestal on the back that might work better to save your ankles on a big hit. But the idiot in me wants my bike looking Doper. Can anyone comment on the two different designs? Thanks!
twotwosix
12/16/2016 10:03am
RockyRider wrote:
Wait a few months... Sidi is releasing a new Crossfire with hinge lockouts. It's a really cool design
I have also heard that the new SIDIs are supposed to be really solid.
hillbilly
12/16/2016 10:03am
I raced in chuck taylors and never had them tied as a kid.

Mussel mass and drink milk.
Berni
12/16/2016 11:53am Edited Date/Time 12/16/2016 11:53am
Forma predator do a good job to limit the pivot
Mx746
12/16/2016 12:11pm
Some excellent options gents! Much appreciated. The new crossfire's sound intriguing, as do those UFO's
CLT809
Fantasy
9th
12/16/2016 2:28pm
I am actually quite interested in this since I just klunked a double and did this after folding my foot like a taco. It don't feel...
I am actually quite interested in this since I just klunked a double and did this after folding my foot like a taco. It don't feel good.

And, 226, I hear you: but my SG12 buckles are as tight as I can stand them. I should have been on the balls of my feet...bad form.

Anyhow, I found the Anklesavers and wanted to ask people here about them. Anyone use them? Also there's the Blinged-out $260ish dollar version and the cheaper, less Blingy version. To me, the less Blingy version actually looks like it has a bigger pedestal on the back that might work better to save your ankles on a big hit. But the idiot in me wants my bike looking Doper. Can anyone comment on the two different designs? Thanks!
I've used them. They work. Over the course of a day of riding, you will only notice the "ankle saver" part of the peg in a few instances:
1: When you are leaned really far back, in rollers, whoops, or maybe braking bumps. It actually made me feel more in control while in whoop sections and rollers.
2: When you need it for safety. Flat land a jump and that impending ankle pain doesn't come. Can't say the same about your wrists though.

When I first saw them I thought they would get hung up in ruts and interfere with my kickstarter. Not the case.

If you are hesitant based on the price of the new billet aluminum ones (manufactured by fastway), at anklesavers.com they still have the older steel models for sale too.

Joko
Fantasy
233rd
12/16/2016 4:58pm
I am actually quite interested in this since I just klunked a double and did this after folding my foot like a taco. It don't feel...

CLT809 wrote:
I've used them. They work. Over the course of a day of riding, you will only notice the "ankle saver" part of the peg in a...
I've used them. They work. Over the course of a day of riding, you will only notice the "ankle saver" part of the peg in a few instances:
1: When you are leaned really far back, in rollers, whoops, or maybe braking bumps. It actually made me feel more in control while in whoop sections and rollers.
2: When you need it for safety. Flat land a jump and that impending ankle pain doesn't come. Can't say the same about your wrists though.

When I first saw them I thought they would get hung up in ruts and interfere with my kickstarter. Not the case.

If you are hesitant based on the price of the new billet aluminum ones (manufactured by fastway), at anklesavers.com they still have the older steel models for sale too.

I have the steel anklesavers on my yz125 and 250, agree 100% with CLT on all points. Also boot grip is much improved over stock pegs too.
Trav138
12/16/2016 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2016 6:50pm

When you're going to case a jump or land hard, being on the arch of the foot is a better option in this situation. Not sure of your situation you described but i just wanted to mention this. As i found out about getting back on your arches after my crash. Not sure on the science of it all, but i think it helps with transfering the impact force up the leg further instead of the ankle taking the brunt of it when your on the balls of the foot.

Post a reply to: Boots that limit ankle pivot?

The Latest