Boot repair

Merida
I have a pair of Astar tech 10 and the part that i use to shift is broken, the rest of the boot looks good, anyone have any experience on how to repair that and prevent in the future
|
Tom711
12/5/2016 4:23am
I know it doesn't help but I've just had my instincts resoled for free under their 2 year warranty. When I bought them it was a toss up between them and the tech 10's, I made the right decision I guess WinkTongue
12/5/2016 4:49am
I can't help with repair, but going forward...

Not sure how you store your boots and other moto gear. However, I've found that keeping my gear inside my house adds a lot of life compared to keeping in the garage. My garage has no air conditioning, so the heat combined with the gas fumes from the bikes tends to destroy gear (boots especially) much faster.
Roostermx58
12/5/2016 5:45am
You can contact Astar in CA (1-310-891-0222) and talk to Brett/Freddy. They can assist you and determine if the part that is broken can be fixed.

The Shop

Jt$
12/5/2016 7:03am
Alpinestars has a repair facility in California that uses the same equipment and techniques as when originally built, instead of outsourcing their repairs like other brands.
Tumblin
12/5/2016 7:13am
pro-bootmx resoled my tech 8's last year with their Gaerne Sole application and they looked and performed great. I did a lot of dual sporting this summer and flat tracking too many of those gravel roads took its toll. Anyway, I picked up a hardly worn pair of 8's yesterday off Craigs for $80...an even better deal.
HenryA
12/5/2016 7:21am
Up shift or down shift? Wink Soles are replaceable
Merida
12/6/2016 12:36am
I live in Sweden so its pretty hard to send them to Califonia for repair..
its on the upside of the boot so maybe I do to much up shifting Wink
had this problem with other boots too can't believe i´m the only one.
hillbilly
12/6/2016 3:26am
Surely there is a shoe/boot shop around in Sweden, we have a guy set up as you go into Burlington coat factory.

He can do anything needed.
wwoberg
12/6/2016 3:32am
I've had local shoe repair shops fix a boot or two for me. Depending on the damage, they may or may not do it. Has to go to a second guy last time.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
3/8/2022 6:07am
Thought I would share a service I discovered and my experience. Local show cobbler would not touch my boots because of the material their made out of. The plastic/rubber mx boots require special machine to press fit the sole replacements. I had my Tech 7 in USA repaired at http://mxbootrepair.com/ Around $150 for repair and free return shipping. I was really happy with their service. This is especially good now that it's hard to get new boots in common sizes with supply/demand issue.
Mr. Afterbar
3/8/2022 8:53am
Tom711 wrote:
I know it doesn't help but I've just had my instincts resoled for free under their 2 year warranty. When I bought them it was a...
I know it doesn't help but I've just had my instincts resoled for free under their 2 year warranty. When I bought them it was a toss up between them and the tech 10's, I made the right decision I guess WinkTongue
I've been on the other side of this and you definitely made the right decision.
Mr. Afterbar
3/8/2022 8:59am
Moto_Geek wrote:
Thought I would share a service I discovered and my experience. Local show cobbler would not touch my boots because of the material their made out...
Thought I would share a service I discovered and my experience. Local show cobbler would not touch my boots because of the material their made out of. The plastic/rubber mx boots require special machine to press fit the sole replacements. I had my Tech 7 in USA repaired at http://mxbootrepair.com/ Around $150 for repair and free return shipping. I was really happy with their service. This is especially good now that it's hard to get new boots in common sizes with supply/demand issue.
I asked the guy at mxbootrepair if he could match the OEM white sole of my Tech 10s. I was getting them resoled for the second time at 20 hours. Wanted the original white sole for the purpose of selling my $600 paper weights. He told me he had the soles then called me after I spent $50 on shipping and informed me he only uses all black soles. Wasn't too stoked on that. The repair appeared good. Never used the boots.
wydopen
3/8/2022 8:18pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
Thought I would share a service I discovered and my experience. Local show cobbler would not touch my boots because of the material their made out...
I asked the guy at mxbootrepair if he could match the OEM white sole of my Tech 10s. I was getting them resoled for the second...
I asked the guy at mxbootrepair if he could match the OEM white sole of my Tech 10s. I was getting them resoled for the second time at 20 hours. Wanted the original white sole for the purpose of selling my $600 paper weights. He told me he had the soles then called me after I spent $50 on shipping and informed me he only uses all black soles. Wasn't too stoked on that. The repair appeared good. Never used the boots.
Curious what pegs you are using? I have about 40hrs most of them with pro pegs and mine are just starting to show some wear. The inside of the ankles wore out before the soles did.

Post a reply to: Boot repair

The Latest